Getting around - FLL

Now I am getting nervous...looked at the weather for 1/26 -1/30 and it's showing 69-71, windy, showers and cool. I know it's super early, but that FREAKED ME OUT!!

Just thought I'd share! haha!

Don't freak. It was supposed to rain here all day and it is 80 and sunny.

South Florida weather will do what it wants to by the minute. I'd say your chances are good for great weather.

Looks like it was a beautiful day and now a beautiful evening there today....hope you guys are enjoying!

It started out 'cold' (57 degrees when I took my walk this morning) but warmed up nicely to the high 70s north of Fort Lauderdale. :) It's 74 right now and tomorrow is predicted to be in the low 80s. Not many people on the beach today though we had lots around our pool.

Looking forward to it. While we're here, I am looking for some good conch fritters in the area. Any idea?

I had recommended Sheila's in an earlier post, but then I went to Coconuts the other night, and I forgot how fantastic they were. Lots of chunks of conch in them!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had recommended Sheila's in an earlier post, but then I went to Coconuts the other night, and I forgot how fantastic they were. Lots of chunks of conch in them!

And Coconuts (service, ambiance, and view) is so much nicer than Sheila's, really. ;)

Thank you guys! I think we're going to try Coconuts. Looks so nice there again today. I am hoping the warm temps and sun stay put. Really the only thing I want to do besides lay on the beach and by the pool all day, are 1) Coconuts 2) Sandbar Grille and 3) Pelican Landing for Happy Hour.

Can't wait.

Thank you guys! I think we're going to try Coconuts. Looks so nice there again today. I am hoping the warm temps and sun stay put. Really the only thing I want to do besides lay on the beach and by the pool all day, are 1) Coconuts 2) Sandbar Grille and 3) Pelican Landing for Happy Hour.

Can't wait.

That sounds like a perfect trifecta to me! And don't worry too much about the cooler temps; this was my view this morning:ImageUploadedByForums1421720287.597801.jpg.e9293cfab65dc16614dcc50bc6cd4335.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1421720250.576393.jpg.aebcae186aad0050634bba21920b6791.jpg

Alright guys, it might be time to freak out. A high of 58 on Tuesday? Is this real life? Think I can still get a tan with that? haha.....hoping that will change!!

AOL weather says mid to upper 70s all week. :)

Just be glad that there IS a beach. After hurricane Sandy, there were only a few feet of sand left between the Pelican hotel and the ocean. A1A is still going through major repairs just south of the hotel.

AOL weather says mid to upper 70s all week. :)

Just be glad that there IS a beach. After hurricane Sandy, there were only a few feet of sand left between the Pelican hotel and the ocean. A1A is still going through major repairs just south of the hotel.

You're right. Can't wait to get down there and relax a bit and feel those breezes!

Have you ever stayed at the Pelican? Are you a fan?

That sounds like a perfect trifecta to me! And don't worry too much about the cooler temps; this was my view this morning:[ATTACH]337346[/ATTACH][ATTACH]337347[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Is that a bit north of Anglin's Pier?

You're right. Can't wait to get down there and relax a bit and feel those breezes!

Have you ever stayed at the Pelican? Are you a fan?

I've never stayed at the Pelican or been in the rooms. The pool area and pool bar are nice. The restaurant is not so good. There is a cute ice cream parlor there too. It's nice to get an ice cream or glass of wine and sit in the rocking chairs overlooking the ocean. The Pelican is nice but I'd rather stay within easier walking distance to the shops/restaurants in the main beach area. I live near Lauderdale by the Sea, and I've stayed at the W a few times just to get away from the house, LOL!

I've never stayed at the Pelican or been in the rooms. The pool area and pool bar are nice. The restaurant is not so good. There is a cute ice cream parlor there too. It's nice to get an ice cream or glass of wine and sit in the rocking chairs overlooking the ocean. The Pelican is nice but I'd rather stay within easier walking distance to the shops/restaurants in the main beach area. I live near Lauderdale by the Sea, and I've stayed at the W a few times just to get away from the house, LOL!

Thanks for the tips. I know what you mean about staying near the beach. That is our preference as well, we like the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach, but the pool is too small for us for a week's stay, and with the Pelican we got more for our money. Other places not on the beach were more expensive, so we went with this one.

Going to try the ice cream parlour and do Sandbar and the Beach area for meals.

Have a good day!

Not being familiar with Ft. Lauderdale, does the trolly go by the Springhill Suites? Also, is the water taxi close enough for us to walk to? Not vacationing till November but doing some

pre planning.

Thanks!

No and no. Not even close.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to check in and say thanks again for the advice...

Had a great time, as always. I actually loved the Pelican Grand, except their pool was too cold to swim in. We stayed at the hotel and vegged out more than anticipated.

It was mostly in the high 60's during our day, but we had full sun for 3 days so we were still able to have beach days.

Also enjoyed the sandbar grille and Coconuts! Thanks guys :)

Just wanted to check in and say thanks again for the advice...

Had a great time, as always. I actually loved the Pelican Grand, except their pool was too cold to swim in. We stayed at the hotel and vegged out more than anticipated.

It was mostly in the high 60's during our day, but we had full sun for 3 days so we were still able to have beach days.

Also enjoyed the sandbar grille and Coconuts! Thanks guys :)

I'm really surprised their pool isn't heated. Most of the larger, nice hotel pools are.

When were you here? I know we had some chilly nights last week. Was that it? I don't remember our daily highs only in the 60s except for one day and we spent one day last week on the beach. Thursday maybe?

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

I was there last week, Monday-Friday (left early Friday morning when it started warming up I think). 1/26-1/30. I think Wednesday was the coolest day with only a high of maybe 68? Thursday was mostly cloudy unfortunately...and I froze trying to stay by the pool. It was super windy as well. But we had 3 other excellent days of sun, so we were lucky. Maybe it did get into the low 70's the other days...but that air felt cool!

Also, the hotel blocks the sun beginning around 1/2-ish, so we moved to the beach after that.

They said the pool was heated, and we asked them to bump it up, but they really didn't, or not by much. To me, 82 pool temp is cool when the air is that cool. Maybe we're spoiled - one of our favorite hotels is the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach and their pool is very warm....we love it.

Also, I am a freeze baby, so take that into consideration...ha ha.

Anyway, had a great time and really miss it.