Disney 5k on Castaway Cay

Chimmicat

Sign up has been in the fitness center area in the past. If you don't see it on the Navigator, ask at GS or the spa. Then you just show up at the appointed place. Yes, it's free to run but the transportation will cost about a thousand......

Edited by moki'smommy

According to the Navigator's on the Nov 16 cruise, sign ups were at the Port Adventures desk (at least for that cruise). And they met at Fathoms on CC day at 8:15 to get off the ship. The 5K people are usually the first off.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Personal-Navigators-Magic-7N-Western-Day-1-Port-Canaveral-20141116.pdf

Sign up has been in the fitness center area in the past. If you don't see it on the Navigator' date=' ask at GS or the spa. Then you just show up at the appointed place. Yes, it's free to run but the transportation will cost about a thousand......[/quote']

Haha…well, that is TOTALLY worth it for 3.1 miles :-)

I'll be signing up my husband and I on our cruise.

I understand that sign up locations vary but does the Castaway Cay 5k race happen just on certain sail dates(months) or is it ongoing with?

It has been going on for years, weather permitting. This is the first year they are making a tie in between the WDW half marathon and the DCL 5K.

The normal 5K is only slightly advertised. There is a small notice in the Navigator, but it is easy to miss. Read each one carefully or just ask at GS to sign up on your cruise.

We had to go to The Tube on the Fantasy the morning of Castaway Cay. It will say in your navigator where/when to sign up. You get a plastic medal at the end and can buy the t shirt at the shop.

Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. It was very warm the morning we ran and there is little shade along the course.

Also, there is a big bin you can put your stuff (beach bag etc) into at the start/finish line, but I wouldnt put anything valuable in there. Or just have family/friends that arent running hold your stuff and you can meet them at the beach later. We didnt bring anything off the ship with us and had to return to the ship before hitting the beach.

Also, we were not the first off the ship. We walked off with the rest of cruisers ina big ol' group. I had read on here that we would be first off, but for ours we were not.

But we loved running it. Totally worth it. :cool:

Edited by monty913

It has been going on for years' date=' weather permitting. This is the first year they are making a tie in between the WDW half marathon and the DCL 5K.

The normal 5K is only slightly advertised. There is a small notice in the Navigator, but it is easy to miss. Read each one carefully or just ask at GS to sign up on your cruise.[/quote']

And the paid 5k associated with wdw marathon weeknd starts MUCH earlier than the free one, and is a somewhat different course.

Gotta go finish packing for embarkation today to do the inaugural paid 5k on CC.

And now, as of the day of the cc Challenge, they have brand new cute rubber medals for the island 5k. They said those medals will be ongoing for the island 5k that has been free.

I personally doubt if it will continue to be free so enjoy that while it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk