Breakfast on Riviera

SusieO

Hubby and I are sailing on the Riviera in a few weeks. This will be our first time to sail on Oceania. My question is; at home we make ourselves a "smoothie" for breakfast using mixed greens, assorted fruits, coconut and almond milks. Would this be a definite no if we inquired to have something like this on the ship? I wondered about asking the butler if this could be arranged. Thanks much!

As Lyn says, you can always ask. But I would think that this would NOT be possible. If only one cabin asks for this, maybe... but if one asks, maybe many more would ask. That could be very difficult for the ship to accommodate.

Mura

Hubby and I are sailing on the Riviera in a few weeks. This will be our first time to sail on Oceania. My question is; at home we make ourselves a "smoothie" for breakfast using mixed greens, assorted fruits, coconut and almond milks. Would this be a definite no if we inquired to have something like this on the ship? I wondered about asking the butler if this could be arranged. Thanks much!

If the cabin that you have booked is one which comes with the services of a butler, then you will absolutely be accommodated.

My only recommendations would be that you request the Coconut and Almond milks, via Special Services, in advance of your trip.

Each morning you will find a perfectly blended smoothie chilled and served on a silver salver with a doily.

Heaven!

Is it possible to just eat something else for breakfast on a trip? The Terrace Café has fresh berries, fruit and Muesli, add milk, yoghurt, or juice. Very healthy.

I am sorry, but on one of our last trips, one participant drove everybody nuts by constantly asking for foods that were unavailable in the country, especially his morning smoothie. Every day for an entire month. :rolleyes: I have now become allergic to special food requests not based on medical reasons.

On our last cruise in November on Riviera, Oceania was offering smoothies for breakfast. In fact, they had a different special each day, along with some standard ones. They put cereal in them which I found strange. Unfortunately, I did not ever see one with "greens" listed as an ingredient nor almond milk. I agree with Jim, you might want to request your milks ahead of time to make sure they are on board the ship.

Cenia

Some people may believe this is eccentric or just a fad, but I really have no other choice in the morning except a protein shake. I can eat eggs, but 10 days of eggs will kill me! I cannot drink coffee, tea or milk, and if you've ever tried to down a muffin or those fancy pastries with just water, you will know what it's like. However, that said, I am already planning to send my protein powder ahead or carry it on in my luggage and my cruise isn't until July. If something is really important or a health issue, one should plan ahead.

Thanks everyone! While it is NOT imperative that we have a special smoothie each morning, we can eat anything we want to, I just wondered if this was possible.

We are in a butler category type cabin, so I will ask about it. I will not throw a fit about it if told no. I love eggs, pastries and so forth, but we feel we are getting in some healthy foods, that we normally do not eat, by doing this each morning.

I know it is to late to request the Almond and/or Coconut milks, but on some cruise lines we have seen these milks behind the counter...you just had to ask for them. Since so many folks have a lactose allergy it seems they have them on hand more than what a person may realize who does not have allergies or just enjoys them over cows milk.

Some people may believe this is eccentric or just a fad, but I really have no other choice in the morning except a protein shake. I can eat eggs, but 10 days of eggs will kill me! I cannot drink coffee, tea or milk, and if you've ever tried to down a muffin or those fancy pastries with just water, you will know what it's like. However, that said, I am already planning to send my protein powder ahead or carry it on in my luggage and my cruise isn't until July. If something is really important or a health issue, one should plan ahead.

I usually drink water with meals even with the odd muffin or pastry so I do not see it as a problem

Lots of breakfast choices besides eggs ;)

YMMD

I know it is to late to request the Almond and/or Coconut milks, but on some cruise lines we have seen these milks behind the counter...you just had to ask for them. Since so many folks have a lactose allergy it seems they have them on hand more than what a person may realize who does not have allergies or just enjoys them over cows milk.

I have seen soy milk not sure on the coconut beverages but just ask they try to do their best to accommodate you

Lots of fresh fruit for the healthy food fix ;)