Entrees & Desserts in Britannia - QM2, QV, QE

Transatlantic Tom

Last May while dining in the QM2's Britannia Restaurant, I asked if they could serve Strawberries Bombay for the table. It was prepared and served for the whole table without any questions asked or an eye raised other than perhaps at the tables next to ours.

• 2 months later...
Last May while dining in the QM2's Britannia Restaurant, I asked if they could serve Strawberries Bombay for the table. It was prepared and served for the whole table without any questions asked or an eye raised other than perhaps at the tables next to ours.

That's very cool, Frank !!!

What an excellent question - must say that I am pleased with the answers telling us that they are all still served.

The only time I have been disappointed with the food in Britannia was on a night when Grand Marnier Soufflé was on the menu.

My disappointment wasn't with food per se. We had been invited to dine at the Captain's table and were all presented with the same pudding at the same time by 12 highly synchronised waiters...... cheese cake.....we didn't get to choose. I was gutted and way too polite to ask for my hotly anticipated Grand Marnier Soufflé! :eek:

Honestly, you can't please some people......

The only time I have been disappointed with the food in Britannia was on a night when Grand Marnier Soufflé was on the menu. My disappointment wasn't with food per se. We had been invited to dine at the Captain's table and were all presented with the same pudding at the same time by 12 highly synchronised waiters...... cheese cake.....we didn't get to choose. I was gutted and way too polite to ask for my hotly anticipated Grand Marnier Soufflé! :eek: Honestly, you can't please some people......
Lovely story, great post, thank you so much Toffeegirl68 for sharing :) :)

What an excellent question - must say that I am pleased with the answers telling us that they are all still served.

The only time I have been disappointed with the food in Britannia was on a night when Grand Marnier Soufflé was on the menu.

My disappointment wasn't with food per se. We had been invited to dine at the Captain's table and were all presented with the same pudding at the same time by 12 highly synchronised waiters...... cheese cake.....we didn't get to choose. I was gutted and way too polite to ask for my hotly anticipated Grand Marnier Soufflé! :eek:

We had a two week cruise last summer and tasted the Grand Marnier Soufflé, it was fabulous - favourite dish of the cruise. In the Autumn we sailed again for just one week and on the penultimate evening I enquired from our waiter (who was actually the same one as we had in the summer) whether we would be getting the Grand Marnier Soufflé on the menu this cruise as I had been telling our table mates how good it was........next thing we knew he brought the maitre d over and we were promised he would speak to the chef and see what he could do.......the last evening we were all presented with a helping of the soufflé and a few spares for the table too. Needless to say everyone enjoyed it.

My husband likes his food quite simple and on a number of occasions requested either chicken or steak with a baked potato and this was provided without any problem.

Hopefully this summers cruise will include my favourite soufflé, if it doesn't I may need to put a special request in!

Apologies in advance for this comment;

Isn't that the way of things. I had the same privilege afforded me recently and also the 12 highly synchronised waiters who produced simultaneously - grand marnier soufflé!

M-AR

• 3 weeks later...

Need your assistance with Strawberries Bombay. Neither myself, nor Ask nor google have any idea what it is nor how to make it.

Of course of late unless there is $$ in it Google knows very little about anything.

Need your assistance with Strawberries Bombay. Neither myself, nor Ask nor google have any idea what it is nor how to make it.

Of course of late unless there is $$ in it Google knows very little about anything.

I, too, tried Google and got an answer which may or may not be what Calliope has in mind for Strawberries Bombay. It showed 3 layers of dark chocolate meringue separated by whipped cream, whipped cream on the top and strawberries on the cream. I hope he/she will come back and confirm or deny if this is correct.