Is everything nice on RCL now an Upcharge?

...I was being a bit dramatic but I think you get the point.
More than a bit dramatic. The point I get is that your mind is made up and cast in concrete before you have had a single meal. With that attitude my suggestion is for you to cancel your Liberty cruise - I think both you and the rest of us would be happier if you made that decision.

#sorrynotsorry

What's the big deal if one entree on the MDR menu is burgers??? They're good for people who are picky and don't like to venture out in terms of food. They're not the only option on the menu...and no one is forcing you to eat the burgers.

You'll have several entree choices each night, that change nightly, and are very good.

What's the big deal if one entree on the MDR menu is burgers??? They're good for people who are picky and don't like to venture out in terms of food. They're not the only option on the menu...and no one is forcing you to eat the burgers.

You'll have several entree choices each night, that change nightly, and are very good.

No!!! If there's a burger on the menu... must run screaming from the MDR to the nearest specialty restaurant! [emoji125] [emoji488]

The Angus Beef Sliders are on the always available part of the menus now. They are actually pretty good.:)

And that's what I order when it's the Pimiento menu.

But the kids menu does have pizza and hamburgers, as well as spaghetti, steak and chicken tenders (chickens don't have fingers).

Edited by nolesrule

We just got off Adventure on an Xmaas cruise.

I, Too, am a foodie.

Windjammer had very bland food and line ups every day for the one omelet station they had open whenever we were there. Can't say I enjoyed any of the beffet offerings.

MDR had eggs benny every day but de-barkation day.

Upcharge in the MDR for filet mignon and lobster, but they did serve a tail and shrimp one night - very small.

Food in MDR got better as the week went on - Rack of Lamb on the last night was the best.

I started cruising because they had better food than most AI's I had been to, but I see the switch happening again, better options included in AI's, and cruises becoming more mass market, bland and boring.

Looking to do something different in the future - upscale cruise or 5 star AI - maybe a Karisma resort.

We just got off Adventure on an Xmaas cruise.

I, Too, am a foodie.

Windjammer had very bland food and line ups every day for the one omelet station they had open whenever we were there. Can't say I enjoyed any of the beffet offerings.

MDR had eggs benny every day but de-barkation day.

Upcharge in the MDR for filet mignon and lobster, but they did serve a tail and shrimp one night - very small.

Food in MDR got better as the week went on - Rack of Lamb on the last night was the best.

I started cruising because they had better food than most AI's I had been to, but I see the switch happening again, better options included in AI's, and cruises becoming more mass market, bland and boring.

Looking to do something different in the future - upscale cruise or 5 star AI - maybe a Karisma resort.

Go for it!

No wonder people don't like to post messages, they are chastised if they haven't drank the Royal Caribbean Cool-Aid by you people. Sorry if I have different taste levels than you, sorry if you'll go to your grave defending the food on RCL. People are different so get over it. Go be a lemming to the RCL marketing department.

I am an old time cruiser where in the 80's you paid about double the cost of a cruise today for a first class product (Yes, on RCL not HAL or Cunard) so while understandable from a finance perspective it's still upsetting as a old time customer.

If you want to tell me what I should do (cancel my cruise TravelerThom & awhcruiser) then give me your address and I'll start sending you my bills because that's about the only way I'll do as you say.

No wonder people don't like to post messages, they are chastised if they haven't drank the Royal Caribbean Cool-Aid by you people. Sorry if I have different taste levels than you, sorry if you'll go to your grave defending the food on RCL. People are different so get over it. Go be a lemming to the RCL marketing department.

I am an old time cruiser where in the 80's you paid about double the cost of a cruise today for a first class product (Yes, on RCL not HAL or Cunard) so while understandable from a finance perspective it's still upsetting as a old time customer.

If you want to tell me what I should do (cancel my cruise TravelerThom & awhcruiser) then give me your address and I'll start sending you my bills because that's about the only way I'll do as you say.

You made your own point. Food has to be cheaper since the fares have gone down. Most cruisers are willing to pay less and get less, some are willing to pay less, and then a little more to get more. And then others are willing to pay the same relative amount from the 80-90's, but have to find a different cruise line, as RCI does not offer that product anymore.

BTW, while there are a lot of people saying that the food is good, there are also many who are pointing out that a lot of the stuff you think you have to pay for is still available for free. As well as the post that point out that you can get things other that pizza and burgers. Those are not exacly opinions, but statements of fact.

No wonder people don't like to post messages, they are chastised if they haven't drank the Royal Caribbean Cool-Aid by you people.

Welcome to CC!!!

Seriously-some people have drank the kool-aid and can find no wrong.

Some people come on here just to chastise and yes, internet bully some people.

Some people want you to have the same opinion as themselves and will hold you down and try to shove it down your throat until you take it.

Others will try and give you good advice.

Others will stick to the facts.

Take the good with the bad around here!!;) Also-when you ask for an opinion around here---be ready to get one...and then some!!:)

perhaps those who you claim are chastising you, are doing so because of the inaccurate assessment you made concerning the food choices available to you in the main dining room. If pointing out that such items as Lamb, veal, duck, and other such entrees regularly appear on those menus, means that they have drunk the "Cool Aid (sic)", perhaps you should admit that your characterization was more than a bit overly dramatic. .

perhaps those who you claim are chastising you, are doing so because of the inaccurate assessment you made concerning the food choices available to you in the main dining room. If pointing out that such items as Lamb, veal, duck, and other such entrees regularly appear on those menus, means that they have drunk the "Cool Aid (sic)", perhaps you should admit that your characterization was more than a bit overly dramatic. .

Not sure where anyone's getting the idea that I specified pizza and burgers are served in the MDR at dinner because I certainly didn't. Outside the MDR however I am aware there is a pizza restaurant as well as Johnny Rockets. With a little inference the only reference to the MDR was the chicken breast comment. Prior to my post I had not seen the menu's so "Mea Culpa".

I in no way would mistake the RCI MDR for a Michelin 3-star (or indeed a Bib Gourmand) establishment. Have I enjoyed every item I have been served on RCI? No. Have I always been able to find something too eat that I enjoyed? Yes.

You posted the following AFTER you had been politely informed of the many options available (and without, by your own admission, having eaten on RCI in "many years"):

Well there is a pizza place onboard and generally buffets have burgers. I've seen Sliders listed as a "classic" choice on the MDR menu and to me that's a mini-burger so yeah, Burgers & Pizza. Okay, okay, pasta too, the same as I might buy for $.69/box at the local supermarket with some bland spaghetti sauce.

I was being a bit dramatic but I think you get the point.

I don't think you should be surprised that people feel your mind is made up, and that you seem intent on finding fault with the food on Liberty. IF that is the case, I sincerely feel that you would be happier elsewhere.

Perhaps if you re-read your initial post that mentions your belief that fruit juices, meats like veal, lamb,lobster, steaks etc are only available at an upcharge, you will be able to see why many people disputed your claim and were not simply defending the line blindly. Now that you have seen the menus you can better understand the reasons for many of the posts.

Edited by negc

Perhaps if you re-read your initial post that mentions your belief that fruit juices, meats like veal, lamb,lobster, steaks etc are only available at an upcharge, you will be able to see why many people disputed your claim and were not simply defending the line blindly. Now that you have seen the menus you can better understand the reasons for many of the posts.
Msg #18 which implied that dinner choices were limited to pizza, burgers and bland pasta was posted over three hours after the link to the menus was given in Msg #3. Hence my impression that OP was determined to be disappointed in the food.

You posted the following AFTER you had been politely informed of the many options available (and without, by your own admission, having eaten on RCI in "many years"):I don't think you should be surprised that people feel your mind is made up, and that you seem intent on finding fault with the food on Liberty. IF that is the case, I sincerely feel that you would be happier elsewhere.

As I said read my original post and frankly I didn't ask you to discern an opinion either way as to my pleasure or distaste of the menu. I asked if the "tasty food" was now an upcharge. You could say "Yes", you could say "No", you could say "that our taste buds are different so you really cannot comment" but you certainly don't need to act like some CruiseCritic Know it all God and ASSUME to know where my mind is at and tell me to go elsewhere. Please show some manners when your share your "expertise" of RCL with other posters and always remember. Assuming makes and Ass out of YOU & me.

" Is everything nice on RCL now an Upcharge?

"

NO, Coastal kitchen/suite lounge are included in the cost of your suite cabin on Oasis. The food/service/presentation is top notch. And, it should be coming to Allure later this year

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

Edited by setsail

As I said read my original post and frankly I didn't ask you to discern an opinion either way as to my pleasure or distaste of the menu. I asked if the "tasty food" was now an upcharge. You could say "Yes", you could say "No", you could say "that our taste buds are different so you really cannot comment" but you certainly don't need to act like some CruiseCritic Know it all God and ASSUME to know where my mind is at and tell me to go elsewhere. Please show some manners when your share your "expertise" of RCL with other posters and always remember. Assuming makes and Ass out of YOU & me.

You do realize that your first post has a list of assumptions from you....

Not questions, but statments.

As in:

I'm a foodie and reading thru these boards has me believing that anything that's actually tastey will be an upcharge (eggs benedict, fruit juices, lobster, certain cuts of steak, etc). Now I realize the buffets and MDR are designed to feed the masses but what is it they are putting out? I"m not standing in a 45 minute line for a omelet at a buffet. I'm on a cruise so I don't want to be eating pizza and hamburgers for supper nor do I really want the same kind of chicken breast I may make to eat at home any night of the week. Some nice seafood, veal or lamb would be great but now I worry it will always cost me extra.

So you assume that all tasty food incouding eggs benedict, fruit juices, lobster, and some steak is all at an upcharnge.

The only question in your post was something about the MDR feeding the masses, and what are they putting out for that. No other questions.

It's interesting that YOU can assume that, but others can not assume stuff. ok.

None the less, you assumptions are incorrect. You don't even have to wait 45 min for an omelet.

I'm not a foodie per se, but I do like diversity. I think Royal has decent food in the MDR. What I really don't understand though is why some people would cruise to the Caribbean to have burgers and fries, not only on the ship but also in port. "Hey honey I have a great idea. Let's go to Grenada and get a big juicy hamburger and some thin crust pizza." I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just don't understand. To each his own. Heck, even I have had my occasional slice of pizza late, late at night if some over drinking was involved. Hope this was not too off topic.

you do realize that your first post has a list of assumptions from you....

Not questions, but statments.

As in:

So you assume that all tasty food incouding eggs benedict, fruit juices, lobster, and some steak is all at an upcharnge. Wrong, was an impression, hence the word "believing"

the only question in your post was something about the mdr feeding the masses, and what are they putting out for that. No other questions. Wrong again, the mdr's & buffet do feed the masses, was a factual statement. I asked what kinds of foods they typically serve if "nice" dishes are now extra...please follow along..

It's interesting that you can assume that, but others can not assume stuff. Ok. Ummmm, sure?

None the less, you assumptions are incorrect. You don't even have to wait 45 min for an omelet.

thanks for your input.