Any Must Have Food?

amallison

Does NCL have anything that they are known for as far as food is concerned? I know RCCL has their roast beef sandwiches and CCL has their chocolate melting cake, is there anything that stands out like that on NCL?

We're sailing on the Dawn in a few weeks and of course the food is one of the best parts! I can't stop thinking about how awesome it will be to eat yummy food that I don't have to cook...everything's tastes better when someone else cooks it right?

If NCL doesn't have anything that they're "known" for, what is your favorite item that I absolutely have to try on my first NCL cruise? Of course you have to tell me where to get it as well!

Sounds crazy, but I LOVE NCls Muesli. This is a cold cereal (oats, yogurt, fruit and nuts). I sprinkle a bit of Brian sugar and I am in heaven. It is on the Buffett at breakfast. I eat this eveey morning of the cruise!

It's delicious and good for you. I had muesli for breakfast every morning during my last cruise with HAL. I had my egg white omelet after a bowl of muesli. YUM. I hope Star has omelet station so I can have similar breakfast. I also like bread pudding.

Chicken Pot Pie and Mozzarella Sticks in O'Sheehans (sooner the better we have found. It's still good the whole cruise but on embarkation day they were WOW!)

If you eat at Moderno and you like flan the Coconut Flan is our new favorite dessert. Her old #1 was the Ricotta Cheesecake in the Italian and mine was the Tiramisu also in the Italian.

Also, the Bread Pudding!! So good!!!!

Oh my, I just ate breakfast and now y'all have my tummy growling again.

kdzkatz, believe it or not, I've never actually tried flan. I've heard it's yummy but haven't had an opportunity to taste it. Random question, can you get it without the coconut topping? I can't eat coconut, that's why I'm asking.

For breakfast, the hot oatmeal. It's really good and there are dishes with raisins, brown sugar, etc to add. For lunch, a sandwich on a pretzel roll, for snacks their oatmeal cookies. I second the Moderno's suggestions. Their salad bar is excellent and I loved the grilled pineapple at the end of the meal. Be sure to try that.

Since O'Sheehan's is new for us when we cruise in a couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to trying their pot pie and bbq ribs.

The chicken pot pie at O'Sheehans and the new scallop dish they are serving for lunch in the main dining room. Both outstanding. I saw some people mentioned Moderno. It's quite good, but if you've ever been to Fogo de Chao, or even Texas de Brazil, you may be disappointed in the selections of meat and the salad bar/accompaniments. Again, nothing wrong with it, its quite good, but not spectacular.

The things I love the most:

1. Cagney's…the filet is melt-in-your-mouth amazing. All of the side dishes!

2. Teppanyaki…typical Benihana type fare, but oh so good. The fried rice is the best!

3. Moderno…while the meats are abundant and flavorful, the salad bar is quite delicious. So many choices!

4. The Szechuan Chicken in Taste (MDR). Shocking to find an very well done Asian dish the main dining room, but it's fantastic.

Oh my, I just ate breakfast and now y'all have my tummy growling again.

kdzkatz, believe it or not, I've never actually tried flan. I've heard it's yummy but haven't had an opportunity to taste it. Random question, can you get it without the coconut topping? I can't eat coconut, that's why I'm asking.

I'm not sure. I think the coconut is part of the flan. I do believe there is flan at other parts of the ship (not sure where or when but seems like I recall seeing it). I don't recall having other flan before so if I did it was not memorable. If you eat at Moderno or even considering it I would ask them if you can get their flan without coconut. It sure wouldn't hurt to ask. :)