Query about M Class C1 Cabins

Killington

I am looking at a cruise for Christmas/New Year Dec 2016 from Abu Dhabi on Constellation. Currently every level from 2C up to C1 has open availability in a larger than normal balcony cabin. Thanks to current UK 123GO promo the extra cost for C1 over 2C is only £320 for both of us so I am prepared to splash out. My question to anyone who has experience of the C1 cabins is - which would you prefer 6143/4 or one of the aft cabins? Also is there any difference between the afts depending on deck 7/8/9?

As I have just realised on a holiday sailing could an aft be problematic due to large (possibly loud) families either side. I suppose I can answer that myself - yes, very possible.

Edited by Killington
spelling

Killington,

We have been on decks 7, 8 and 9 on Connie's sister ships in C1 aft, and the balconies are HUGE. You can't go wrong with any of those staterooms. We've also been on deck 9 twice on Infinity and noise was not any kind of problem. In fact, we are on deck 9 (9162) on Millie next July.

The Deck 9 aft-facing cabins on the M-class ships are right below the Oceanview Bar. If equivalent cabins are available on Deck 8, where you'd only have cabins above and below you, why take a chance being aft on Deck 9 where you are below a bar?

I love the aft cabins and have been in 6144 on the Millie. I'd take the aft just for the balcony.

There is a butler's pantry adjacent to 6144. It also has a balcony which has maintenance equipment at the rail but that won't be a problem. Back in the good ole days the crew used to use the balcony to grab a smoke so there's been little activity there since the X smoking restrictions.

What a wonderful choice you have! Enjoy your cruise.

We were in 6144 on the Summit. Very quiet and large balcony. The butler would leave us "treats" when did afternoon tea service for the PH and Royal suites.

Oh now you have made me wonder about changing my choice:confused:

we prefer 6143, as they are large & quiet. You also can see better from the balcony. The aft cabins have deep balconies bit are not private if you want sun. Also you only have an aft view.

We were in 6144 on the Summit. Very quiet and large balcony. The butler would leave us "treats" when did afternoon tea service for the PH and Royal suites.

We had the same thing happen when we had Summit 6144 back in 2007 - it was a nice perk. That cabin is about a foot wider than other C1s and has a lovely and huge teak floor balcony. That said, I since have grown to love aft/wake views, so might opt for a Deck 7 aft C1 if available.

Thanks everone for all your helpful comments. I have booked 7203. I was tending towards aft anyway from your comments, if not aft I wanted port side and 6143 got taken. Aft should be great, 2 ports, followed by facing west for 3 sea days, then south for 4 port days, finally east for morning sun last 2 sea days. Christmas Day at Cochin, India, New year's Eve in Dubai:D

Oh now you have made me wonder about changing my choice:confused:

I thought all Concierge cabins got a daily delivery of canapé's.

Suites get those plus a second delivery of tea cart and sandwiches and deserts.

Edited by cle-guy

I think suites get afternoon tea as well, prehaps that's what the treats were. Concierge get canapes, we liked them, tho' some people don't. Anyway next 2 cruises are 2B so it willeither be something from the buffet or cheese or shrimp from room service:p