Walking the Regal

umpire30

Silly question, perhaps, but I was wondering if there is an area on the Regal where early morning walkers tend to take their morning stroll. I understand there's no Promenade that goes all around the ship, but I was hoping there was a spot where morning walks are frequented. Not a big deal, but I've found that if I avoid the buffet and take that morning power walk my clothes tend not to shrink over the course of the week. ;>)

"Is walking on the promenade deck on the Regal at all possible? "

No. There really is no promenade on the Royal and Regal. Only a short section mid ship that is only suitable for lounging and another short section aft on either side. Neither is long enough to walk. Look at the deck plans and you will see what I mean.

I hate the jogging tracks on most all cruise lines but The walking/jogging track on the Royal is great. It has plenty of space and great views.

Should be a wonderful time this spring. Looking forward to the walking (and the lounging!)

We were on the Regal transatlantic. I thought I was going to hate the walking/jogging track instead I liked it so much better than walking on the promenade. Everyone walked the same direction and the people jogging had their own lane. I know many do not like it but we did not miss walking on the promenade.

The walking/jogging track on the Royal is great. It has plenty of space and great views.

This is true, but if you have red hair & freckles, as I have, there is no shade whatever up there.

I love the promenade deck on the Grand class and Coral/Island. I have fair skin but I love to be outside and walking or just people watching. The promenade deck is perfect for this. Too bad the new builds don't have this option. I am sure I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

The walking/jogging track on the Royal is great. It has plenty of space and great views.

This is true, but if you have red hair & freckles, as I have, there is no shade whatever up there.

So if you don't have red hair & freckles, there is shade? Wow, she really is a technologically-advanced ship.

So if you don't have red hair & freckles, there is shade? Wow, she really is a technologically-advanced ship.

LOL, I may be sorry to have quoted these comments.

But here goes. There is some shade on the jogging area depending one the time of day. There is more shade on the Lido deck, depending on the time of day (more times will be available than on the jogging track area) and no problem slow jogging or walking if you are courteous to others walking or lounging around. If you just want to walk fast, pick a deck above the promanade and carefully walk the hallways. No sun at all (btw, if you are not in a hurry, stop and smell the roses. In this case, check out all of the great photos on each deck hallways on the Regal and the Royal...good stuff).

So, the story is, if you don't want the sun and want exercise, walk the halls, climb the stairs, and get on a treadmill at a convinent time in the gym, and then for the fresh air, find an shaddy spot outside. There are a bunch.