Emerald to Australia

Futureaussie

Are you sure you don't mean the Golden Princess which will be doing a lot of cruises from Melbourne?

I cannot see any mention of the Emerald Princess coming down here. As far as I can see it will be doing cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Jennie

Are you sure you don't mean the Golden Princess which will be doing a lot of cruises from Melbourne?

I cannot see any mention of the Emerald Princess coming down here. As far as I can see it will be doing cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Jennie

yes its the Emerald and its on the aussie board

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6129

Yes it is coming down here but not until 2016!! That is another 22 months away.

Having cruised on both the Emerald and the Diamond, (since it was refitted for the Japanese Market in March last year), I much prefer the Diamond.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

Yes it is coming down here but not until 2016!! That is another 22 months away.

Having cruised on both the Emerald and the Diamond, (since it was refitted for the Japanese Market in March last year), I much prefer the Diamond.

Jennie

I only wish it were 10 years away. :D Wouldn't you prefer one of the nice new ships? ;)

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

The summer 2016 deployments for Emerald are not published yet. If she spends the summer in the Med., as she is doing in summer 2015, that means there will be a long trans Suez/ Indian Ocean voyage. At last such a voyage on a Princess ship other than those horrid smaller vessels. I would look forward to such a trip. This year Royal Caribbean has two of them, one on Explorer of the Seas and then Quantum. I am not a fan of that line so have ruled them out. P & O now seems a bit too formal and expensive for me.

If Emerald comes around to the Pacific, either via the Horn or new Panama Canal for the 2016 Alaskan season, we can expect another trans Pacific similar to what Star, Sea, Dawn, Sun and Golden have done over the past few years. I've done that voyage a number of times with P & O, Princess and Holland America and would much sooner see the eastern voyage materialize.

There is a thread about this on the Aussie board.

A poster Chez made this posting.

Having a search around I see the Emerald Princess is booked into Darwin on the 8th November, and Sydney on the 15th November, so it seems it is coming via Asia/Europe.

So maybe have a look around and check Dubai and Singapore schedules to see if you can see any bookings for the Emerald.

I would be much more interested in it if it comes via Suez Canal and Asia rather than a transpacific crossing.