Urgent opinion needed - Dawn Suite Conundrum!

Guindalf

I have a courtesy hold on a deck 12 suite on the Dawn for next week (1/18) and before I commit, I need to ask a question.

The suite does NOT have a balcony, just floor-to-ceiling windows!

We are frequent cruisers and haven't had less than a balcony room for our last several cruises.

Has anyone done this before? How much difference will it make? Being on deck 12, it's a few steps to an outdoor area. We got as good price and, of course, it includes the dining and drinks packages, and $300 OBC.

To book or not to book, that is the question!

I've seen pictures of those suites, and they look amazing. The floor to ceiling windows are better than a balcony as far a views go....

The few reviews I've read from ppl that have stay in the DOS on the Dawn have all said they loved loved the windows.

You might try a forum search and see if you can find one of the reviews - I know I've read at least 2, just finding them might be a challenge.

I have a courtesy hold on a deck 12 suite on the Dawn for next week (1/18) and before I commit, I need to ask a question.

The suite does NOT have a balcony, just floor-to-ceiling windows!

We are frequent cruisers and haven't had less than a balcony room for our last several cruises.

Has anyone done this before? How much difference will it make? Being on deck 12, it's a few steps to an outdoor area. We got as good price and, of course, it includes the dining and drinks packages, and $300 OBC.

To book or not to book, that is the question!

We love SJ suites as IMO they are best bang for buck in suites amongst the whole NCL fleet.

If you have a hold for Deluxe Owner's Suite, even better (free waters and sodas in the cabin fridge plus some free bottles of liquor to be enjoyed in the suite - as you'll get free UBP, you don't need free sodas or liquor outside of the suite ;)).

Edited by Demonyte

WHICH DOS do you have?

The two outer DOS suites are AMAZING. Floor to ceiling windows the entire way except for the back wall.

(Even the little wing looking back down the ship is floor to ceiling glass, which is shown as a *wall* on the online diagram for some odd reason.)

The middle two have two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and the window situation and sense of "space" are very different.

Edit to add: There is NOT a balcony on any of these for DOS suites on the Dawn.

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple

We are booked in a family suite with balcony the week after you. We were going to book the family suite (no balcony) when the price dropped. Being on deck 12 it wont make that much of a difference!! Have a great trip!!

OK, we've decided to go ahead. My TA is calling just to make sure there's no balcony suites available, but if not, we're going ahead anyway.

Thanks all for your help.

Other the the OS none of the balcony suites are as nice as the ones on deck 12 without balconies. Much nicer bathrooms and more room.

These are always low priced and the last to get booked.

Could be good for folks with little ones.

The perks are good, but we need that balcony, find the peace and quiet away from everyone a necessity. DW would not settle for them.

So "what ever floats your boat". :)

I love eating my breakfast on the balcony and I love eating breakfast in Cagneys....What a dilemma, decisions, decisions.....On our last cruise we came upon breakfast being served in Moderno, that was nice too.....Small buffet, but no crowd. Funny thing happened, my boyfriend put his bread in the toaster...it never came out, so one of the servers came over to check it out, put in another piece of bread, that never came out either, the bread was falling out of the back on the toaster behind the table.....:eek:

If you wouldn't mind posting your thoughts on the suite when you get back that would be great. I too went back & forth about the 'no balcony' and finally took the plunge & booked it for a fall cruise. It would be great to hear firsthand about how you enjoyed/or didn't.. the lack of balcony & the suite itself.

Happy Cruising,

Sandra.

If you wouldn't mind posting your thoughts on the suite when you get back that would be great. I too went back & forth about the 'no balcony' and finally took the plunge & booked it for a fall cruise. It would be great to hear firsthand about how you enjoyed/or didn't.. the lack of balcony & the suite itself.

Happy Cruising,

Sandra.

Sure thing. I have a bad memory, but I'll do my best!

We have only sailed in an SJ and we love them. The space is amazing and you will love the bathroom! You seriously can't go wrong here. We have wondered about missing out on a balcony but deck 13 is literally right outside your room to go up to enjoy the fresh air. We are booked again in an SJ in March and can't wait. We will be in a 2 bedroom in November (we will have the whole family with us) and this will be our first experience with a balcony. We also booked a forward suite with a balcony on the Dawn for 2016. I have to admit, I have wavered on giving up that amazing bathroom in the Family Suite for a larger forward facing balcony and I am hoping that I haven't made a mistake! The bathrooms in the forward penthouse are nothing compared to the suites on deck 12.

Let us know how you like it! You will have a fabulous time ....you will be enjoying the suite life so it's all good!

I'm interested in how you like it to. For me, the highlight of my holiday is falling to sleep hearing the movement of the ocean out my balcony door. Weird I know, but I don't think I could give that up, even though I bet the views in your suite will be better. Have fun.