Gratuity on Free Ultimate Beverage Package

biguntx

No, you will not be charged. When you booked, gratuities were included.

If you want to verify, you can look at your account balance. Those who were charged gratuities on promos were charged at the time they booked the cruise. Their online accounts look like this (although the fee varies based on cruise length):

promofee_zpsmnprqnlf.jpg

If you booked with a TA, you might not be able to see your account like that.

Thank you. That is exactly what I believed.

• 10 months later...

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation. Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer. Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package. A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations. Does not apply to the Ice Bars. Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Just booked up in the UK and got the free UBP which includes gratuities.I understand this is an old post but have a couple of questions:

1. Does the upto $15 mean drinks up to $15 including gratuties or are they additionally added on?
  2. Does anyone have an updated drinks price list?

Thank you to anyone who can offer advice:)

Just booked up in the UK and got the free UBP which includes gratuities.I understand this is an old post but have a couple of questions:

1. Does the upto $15 mean drinks up to $15 including gratuties or are they additionally added on?
  2. Does anyone have an updated drinks price list?

Thank you to anyone who can offer advice:)

Drinks up to $15 are included without any additional charges (gratuity up to that amount is included in your package). If you buy a drink that costs $18 you pay the difference plus the gratuity. For me, paying in USD, it would be: $3 plus .54 (not sure if they bill you in $$$ or your home currency, but you get the idea on the pricing!)

Drinks up to $15 are included without any additional charges (gratuity up to that amount is included in your package). If you buy a drink that costs $18 you pay the difference plus the gratuity. For me, paying in USD, it would be: $3 plus .54 (not sure if they bill you in $$$ or your home currency, but you get the idea on the pricing!)

Thanks for the clarification:) much appreciated. I think i just got confused reading through this post, i've only cruised with carnival before and just paid for my package upfront and signed reciepts with zero balance so its all new:)

Yeah, I'm also sorry I took the trouble to answer your question. I really appreciate your snarky response.

You see how you used the words "had read" ? That's not what I wrote...the "had" wasn't in my response. I said "If you read"...which was an invitation to verify my answer by reading the T&C .

Next time try saying "Thanks".

The problem is that the word 'read' can be pronounced 'reed' which is how you meant it or can be pronounced 'red' which implies something else and is how the OP interpreted it.

Hi - You will be able to locate lots of pricing and drink menus on this site. There are many many pictures of different bar menus showing what is available and the pricing. Also you can google, for instance, NCL Escape menu pricing and more information will be available.

Just a note in case you were not aware ( I wasn't until it was pointed on on my Roll Call ). When the ship is in the Port of Miami, you will pay the state tax for whatever you drink with your UBP. This tax is not covered in the cost.

Just an FYI .. happy sailing!

The problem is that the word 'read' can be pronounced 'reed' which is how you meant it or can be pronounced 'red' which implies something else and is how the OP interpreted it.

Why are you arguing with something I wrote almost 18 months ago? Is there some value you're adding to the discussion by doing that?

I love it when so done reopens an old thread for no reason. Invariably some posters will pay no attention to dates and just can't wait to argue about things that were laid to rest months or years ago.

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks...I am a legendary over tipper.

After reading some reviews here i took a $100 in ones, and tipped when i could. I will say service was good with out tipping, and Very good when I did.

Why are you arguing with something I wrote almost 18 months ago? Is there some value you're adding to the discussion by doing that?

I love it when so done reopens an old thread for no reason. Invariably some posters will pay no attention to dates and just can't wait to argue about things that were laid to rest months or years ago.

By the way, in addition to starting an argument about an 18 month old post, you apparently don't know enough about writing a proper sentence to understand what I wrote. There's no way what I wrote could mean what you think it could. My first words are: "If you read the promotion's terms and conditions you'll see..." . The "you'll see" at the end of that phrase means that the "read" in the "If you read" can't possibly be interpreted as the past tense with the "red" pronunciation you suggest, because my sentence would be non-grammatical gibberish if it was .

Edited by njhorseman

• 8 months later...

This week I booked a cruise on NCL. We chose a suite and because of that we received 4 free perks. Friends of ours also booked the cruise and chose a mini-suite. They qualified for 2 free perks. They chose the free drink package. When they printed their contract there was a $396 charge for "Beveridge service charge". At 18% gratuity they would have to purchase $2200 worth of beverages during a 2 week cruise. Why would NCL not just charge you the gratuity when you purchase the drink? This borders on false advertising.

At 18% gratuity they would have to purchase $2200 worth of beverages during a 2 week cruise. Why would NCL not just charge you the gratuity when you purchase the drink? This borders on false advertising.

With the package you always pay service charges based on the retail value of the package, not on individual drinks - fixed price is the whole point of the package.

If the terms of the promo and package don't suit your friends, they can choose a different promo and pay for their individual drinks - nobody forces them to get the package.

We booked in late June for an August cruise and we were told that when selecting the UBP we were required to pay the estimated 18% gratuity with final payment. For our 7 day cruise it came to $168 according to NCL

Our Alaska cruise on the Sun (2016) was booked prior to the change that assessed 18% gratuities on the beverage packages.

Now the 18% is charged and the choices for red wines on the package are severely reduced. NCL ruined a good promo. We booked a NE and Canada cruise for Fall 2018 and declined the beverage packages for that reason.

This week I booked a cruise on NCL. We chose a suite and because of that we received 4 free perks. Friends of ours also booked the cruise and chose a mini-suite. They qualified for 2 free perks. They chose the free drink package. When they printed their contract there was a $396 charge for "Beveridge service charge". At 18% gratuity they would have to purchase $2200 worth of beverages during a 2 week cruise. Why would NCL not just charge you the gratuity when you purchase the drink? This borders on false advertising.

The charge is double because the cruise is 14 days vs. the usual 7 days (14 x $79 per day for the package per person @ 18% = $199.08 per person).

The package ($79 per person per day) is covered by NCL. The 18% on the package is usually covered by the guest with a few exceptions such as booking a suite (your case) or booking from a country where "free" must be free.

If $14.22 per day for unlimited ($15 or less) drinks is too expensive, tell your friends to pick something else from the available promos.

Someone bumped a 2 year old thread. Great.

Can't win. If you ask a questions oft times you'll get 'did you do a search of the forum?' When you do the search of the forum and reply you get 'great, a two year old thread'

It's no wonder CC and it's long time posters have a not so sterling reputation.

Me and my best friend recently booked a 2018 cruise and originally pick the UBP but when we realized we were both being charged $99 each for tip, we changed it to another option since I don't drink alcohol and she wouldn't drink that much in a week. Not worth it for us.

Can't win. If you ask a questions oft times you'll get 'did you do a search of the forum?' When you do the search of the forum and reply you get 'great, a two year old thread'

Almost all questions can be found in a search if you wanna dig through a ton of responses. I think it takes more time to tell someone about searching then it does to simply answer their question if you know it. That's what this forum is for. So I understand your frustration!

I don't think this was answered here yet. So if you receive the free beverage package as a promo from NCL, do you have to pay the 15% of the beverage package?

Thanks for all the drink menu photos - nice to know the prices!

I did a mock booking one day to check that out, on the total bill there is a place that adds the prom surcharge on when you book , so the package is free but tips are paid on it!

Almost all questions can be found in a search if you wanna dig through a ton of responses. I think it takes more time to tell someone about searching then it does to simply answer their question if you know it. That's what this forum is for. So I understand your frustration!

Exactly and when doing a search it doesn't necessarily give you the answer without a little digging.

It's so much easier to just answer the question. If someone doesn't like it they "could" just move on.

Exactly and when doing a search it doesn't necessarily give you the answer without a little digging.

It's so much easier to just answer the question.

If someone doesn't like it they "could" just move on.

ThumbsUp!

Do you think there is a reason this site doesn't have FAQ's?

Sure, I understand that, but in this case, there is a lot of info in this post that is no longer correct. That's why I commented about the post being old.