FLL boarding process

tsxgray1

I have not sailed out of FLL in several years. We are sailing on the Royal on 1/18 and I know that the port will be very crowded that day. What is the boarding process? After elite/suite boarding, is it first come first serve? We would like to board as early as possible. If we arrive around 11, will we have to sit and wait? Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We got in last year around 11 and walked right in. Only a couple of lines here and there for security, but I'd say 15-20 minutes and we were onboard the ship... didn't notice any of us regulars waiting for any elite members to board or anything like that.

Edited by xjmox14x

Princess normally starts check in around 11am sometimes a little later. After you go through security and check in you will receive your cruise card and be shown to the waiting area. Boarding normally start around noon, maybe a little earlier. The first to board are the BVE passengers and guests, then HC and those that require assistance. This is followed by Full Suite and Elite,then Platinum passengers and then those in the order of arrival. If you arrive by 11am you should be on board before 12:30 or sooner. Remember go directly to your cabin it will be ready. Also one DR will be open for lunch, probably mid-ship deck 6, but ask, from noon to 1:30 if you desire to eat there. Other free lunch options include, Alfredo's, International Cafe, Horizon Ct./Horizon Bistro/Pastry Shop buffet, Trident Grill, Prego Pizza.Look at the deck plans to locate these.

Last month for a December 13th sailing on Ruby, we arrived at Pier#2 about 10am – wound up with maybe two dozen people ahead of us in line outside. the line grew pretty quickly behind us!

Doors opened for registration about 11am that day. After sitting and waiting awhile, the first passengers (following elites) were boarding about 12:15pm.

Princess representatives did a good job coordinating embarkation such that those of us that had arrived early were also the first to begin general boarding.

We were also told that there was a large group of passengers (about 1200 if I recall) carrying over from the prior cruise and that added a slight delay to our boarding time that morning.