FLL hotel day room reccomendation

buncobabe

We are getting off the Allure on Feb. 1 and have a 9pm departure flight. I would like suggestions for hotels that might offer a room for the day or possibly a day pass for their facilities. A shuttle to the airport would be nice, but not necessary. Does a day room typically cost the same price as an overnight room? TIA!

This is the list (see the last column) from http://www.sunny.org (the Fort Lauderdale tourism website): http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

This list is not that great - I've called the first two on the list that say "Yes" to dayrooms and they are both a firm "NO". The website needs updating!

Does anyone have any personal experience with any hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that actually offers Dayrooms - we'd like a place with a pool and walking distance to restaurants please.

Thanks!

This list is not that great - I've called the first two on the list that say "Yes" to dayrooms and they are both a firm "NO". The website needs updating!

Does anyone have any personal experience with any hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that actually offers Dayrooms - we'd like a place with a pool and walking distance to restaurants please.

Thanks!

As John notes in Post #2, the hotel noted most often (almost exclusively) on this forum is Rodeway Inn. Do a search on this forum and you'll see that reviews range from horrible to great. An additional factor for availability is the time of the year. Hotels are much less crowded (and much less pricey) in the off season.

We just returned from FLL from a cruise and did use a day room at Rodeway Inn. This is an old very basic motel although the furnishings in the room were nice the walls and floors had seen better days. The room was clean and the sheets were soft according to husband and daughter.

There is a small pool with lounges and a sports bar/restaurant (great burger) on site, the motel sits on a busy street but can't remember if anything of interest was within walking distance. They also have a good convenience store on site which has all sorts of cool stuff.

They do offer pickup at the cruise terminal but have read mixed reviews on the pickup service so we opted to taxi there (about at 14.00 cab ride). You can make a reservation for the complementary shuttle to the airport (about a 10 minute ride).

Again, very basic.. do not expect anything to "WOW" you at this place, but it beats having to sit at the airport for hours and you can't beat the price.

I'll look into Rodeway Inn. Do you know if there is anything of interest within walking distance?

Rodeway Inn is in an industrial neighborhood near I95. As for restaurants, there is a sports bar in the Rodeway and there is a restaurant called Rendezvous about 4 blocks away, on the road that runs east of the Ramada. Rendezvous has had 2 good newspaper reviews that I've seen, but I haven't eaten there.

There is nothing else around.

Thanks. I had seen the post about the Rodeway, but since the sunny.org listed a LOT more hotels that offered dayrooms, I though I'd ask and see if anyone had any luck elsewhere, rather than spending my time and money on long distance fees calling all the hotels on the list, just to be told the list is wrong. :rolleyes:

We ended up renting a minivan for the day. We disembark in the morning and don't have to be at FLL til 5 pm. When I called the various car rental places at FLL or at Port Everglades, they wanted $240 :eek: for the day all in for a minivan. (we need one for 4 passengers plus all our luggage). Thats Nuts! I was able to redeem Aeroplan points for a daily rental for a conversion points to cash value much less than the dollar amount charged so we'll drive around, shop, eat, etc.

Thanks again!

I did the same...i booked a rental car and spent the day at the beaches along A1A. You are about 12-15 miles away from beautiful beach areas and public parking (for a fee) and local restuarants, as well as chain restaurants--there's also local drug stores CVS, Walgreens. The public beaches have bathrooms, showers (not all), picnic tables. When leaving the airport, follow signs to A1A North...follow signs and you will do just fine. If you keep following A1A (the ocean will be on your right), keep going and you will see "Lauderdale by the Sea"...this is the older Ft. Lauderdale and is so nice and quaint. you can have lunch on the pier...it is lovely. don't forget to pack plastic bags for your wet towels when you head back to the airport!