Help Re Oceanview on Brilliance

Is there any distinct difference between Oceanview cabins on Deck 3 vs Deck 4 on the Brilliance? Any specific pro or con to either? Any cabins to avoid, or to ask for?

We are booking a quick (unexpected) getaway. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

We prefer to be on deck 4. It's the same floor as the Centrum where a lot of things are happening throughout the cruise. It's also the same floor as the lower level of the main dining room. At the front of the ship, there is an entrance to the theater. Bottom line, you can get to a lot of places without going up and down stairs if you're on deck 4.

Just got off the ship yesterday and our favorite cabins were built over part of the dining room area and start at 4580. The portholes are the same ones found in the dining room, about 5 feet in diameter. You can lie in bed and watch the sea with the curtains open. There are only 9 cabins there. 6 ocean view and 3 single inside cabins. Very quiet and very near the Centrum.

Just got off the ship yesterday and our favorite cabins were built over part of the dining room area and start at 4580. The portholes are the same ones found in the dining room, about 5 feet in diameter. You can lie in bed and watch the sea with the curtains open. There are only 9 cabins there. 6 ocean view and 3 single inside cabins. Very quiet and very near the Centrum.

Thanks Watchdog. I noticed these cabins and wondered why they were off on their own. Were they spacious and laid out well? And bright? We have always booked balconies, but this is a spur of the moment decision and want to keep costs as far down as possible.

Those cabins are new. They were just installed when Brilliance went through her refurbishment.

We just returned from the Jan 3 sailing and were in 4002. It was convenient to be so close to the dining room and theater (the only places I was going in heels!) and very close to the forward stairs/elevators. We found it very quiet at night and there are several handicap-accessible cabins on that hallway so I think it's unlikely to be party central at any time. The only potential downside is that it is almost as far as you can get from the Windjammer, so for snacks and self-service juice and water refills, it will be a bit of a trek. We didn't mind, though.

Our steward, Allen, was also very attentive. Some friends sent us a bottle of wine and although we couldn't finish it in one night, it stayed on ice without us having to ask for several days.

The window is very lovely and we really enjoyed relaxing in our cabin and having such lovely views. I'm attaching a picture of sunset from our cabin the last night. I really don't think a balcony would be worth it to us vs the window (we're not sun worshipers and I hate being windblown). We would book this cabin again.

window.jpg.fc8c3cc2c45dfa320c64ffc6365c278f.jpg

Those cabins are new. They were just installed when Brilliance went through her refurbishment.

And just to confirm - the OV rooms are the same size as all other OV rooms, correct? I ask because I've come across some posts here that refer to these rooms as being single rooms and very small.

We just returned from the Jan 3 sailing and were in 4002. It was convenient to be so close to the dining room and theater (the only places I was going in heels!) and very close to the forward stairs/elevators. We found it very quiet at night and there are several handicap-accessible cabins on that hallway so I think it's unlikely to be party central at any time. The only potential downside is that it is almost as far as you can get from the Windjammer, so for snacks and self-service juice and water refills, it will be a bit of a trek. We didn't mind, though.

Our steward, Allen, was also very attentive. Some friends sent us a bottle of wine and although we couldn't finish it in one night, it stayed on ice without us having to ask for several days.

The window is very lovely and we really enjoyed relaxing in our cabin and having such lovely views. I'm attaching a picture of sunset from our cabin the last night. I really don't think a balcony would be worth it to us vs the window (we're not sun worshipers and I hate being windblown). We would book this cabin again.

Thanks. Lovely photo. I'm afraid that cabin would be too far forward for me, though. Not because of the walk, but more because of the possibility of feeling more movement. :eek:

Thanks. Lovely photo. I'm afraid that cabin would be too far forward for me' date=' though. Not because of the walk, but more because of the possibility of feeling more movement. :eek:[/quote']

There was a tiny bit of movement, nothing more than very very gentle rocking, though. We found it hardly noticeable when standing and relaxing when laying down, but neither of us is prone to motion sickness!

• 1 month later...

So glad to read this. DH and I will be on Serenade in a few weeks in cabin 4590 which is the same area you are talking bout on your ship. I had read it was converted from previous dining room space and wondered about the layout as well as the noise level. Sounds like we picked a great cabin in a "cul-de-sac" (so to speak, lol).