Romance Packages?

Hello!

We will be on the Liberty this July for our 15th Anniversary.

We have been looking at various romance packages and would like to hear about what other think of them.

Also, has anyone ever done a vow renewal on-board? How was the planning / assistance in that?

Thank you!

I actually really enjoy the Romance Packages. We had one for our Honeymoon, and I asked for one for our next sailing (for Christmas!). The one we always ask for is the Classic (I think) and is around $100. It comes with bubbly in the room, little snackies before formal dinner, dessert after formal dinner, and breakfast in bed the next morning (an upgraded one--which is actually kind of nice!). You also get a picture frame and you get to pick your picture (we chose one from a formal night).

You can order them through Gifts & Gear.

Honestly, it's really nice and worth the dough. It's just something a little fun and special!

XO,

DG

I actually really enjoy the Romance Packages. We had one for our Honeymoon, and I asked for one for our next sailing (for Christmas!). The one we always ask for is the Classic (I think) and is around $100. It comes with bubbly in the room, little snackies before formal dinner, dessert after formal dinner, and breakfast in bed the next morning (an upgraded one--which is actually kind of nice!). You also get a picture frame and you get to pick your picture (we chose one from a formal night).

You can order them through Gifts & Gear.

Honestly, it's really nice and worth the dough. It's just something a little fun and special!

XO,

DG

I keep going back and forth on that package... It sounds pretty neat! I like the idea of champagne waiting for us, the photo & frame alone is probably worth $50, and the breakfast in bed is intriguing... But as my BF says, I have "a chastity belt on my wallet," LOL. Still, it's his first cruise ever, and it'll be Valentine's Day, and it just all sounds really nice.

I have a question: What does "breakfast in bed" even entail, since room service is complimentary anyway? Are there expanded options to choose from or something?

-gina-

We renewed our vows back in 2002 on our first cruise, we contacted RCI who arranged it all. When we arrived on board we where contacted by the loyal team to arrange the date we opted for a formal night which we didn't know at the time was Thanksgiving day. The service was conducted in the library with Champagne and a cake and photo's where also taken all around the ship.

The Ultimate Romance package was nice. We did it on a cruise in 2013. Well, I should say the contents were nice. The execution was pretty well botched. We didn't receive everything we were supposed to when we were supposed to, and Guest Services had us running in circles to get some other parts of the package.

I keep going back and forth on that package... It sounds pretty neat! I like the idea of champagne waiting for us, the photo & frame alone is probably worth $50, and the breakfast in bed is intriguing... But as my BF says, I have "a chastity belt on my wallet," LOL. Still, it's his first cruise ever, and it'll be Valentine's Day, and it just all sounds really nice.

I have a question: What does "breakfast in bed" even entail, since room service is complimentary anyway? Are there expanded options to choose from or something?

-gina-

We have done the Romance packgae twice. MY DW really likes the thought and we cruise during our anniversary so it is worth the price for us!

The breakfast is an expanded menu plus you have your choice of a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary. If you get the package that comes with the Terry Cloth Robes, keep in mind that they are quite bulky and you will need extra space in your baggage to take them back with you. We actually bought a small carry on suit case in one of the ports to put them in because there was not going to be room for them in our bags we brought with us. The second time we got a romance package we got the one without the robes. :cool:

We have done the Romance packgae twice. MY DW really likes the thought and we cruise during our anniversary so it is worth the price for us!

The breakfast is an expanded menu plus you have your choice of a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary.

Oh, nice!! It should mention that in the description... Or maybe one of the 3 different people in the Gifts & Gear department I have asked could have maybe told me. :rolleyes: I've actually been told something different each time -- they're very friendly and polite, but they just make stuff up! Lol

That's too funny about needing an extra carry-on for the robes! It's waayyyyy too hot here 99% of the time to even have robes like that, so they would be wasted on us. Just your description of how big and fluffy they are made me swoon a little bit from the heat. :p

-gina-

Thank you all very much for your responses. I have been on the Gifts & Gear site, but wanted to hear from people that actually have done them before -

you have all helped a lot in making a decision!! :)

We are driving to port, so the bathrobes will fit nicely in our car trunk...:p

Hello!

We will be on the Liberty this July for our 15th Anniversary.

We have been looking at various romance packages and would like to hear about what other think of them.

Also, has anyone ever done a vow renewal on-board? How was the planning / assistance in that?

Thank you!

Two years ago we renewed our vows on our 30th Anniversary . There was another couple that also did it at the same time. For a small fee we were able to invite our tablemates that we had met on the cruise. Then we were able to make a reservation for a specialty restaurant for all of us. The Captain spent close to an hour with us, having cake, appetizers. A really special time. They pick the time and day .

We have had anniversary packages before and I think that they just add another special memory at a very affordable cost. Less than the cost of going out for a dinner on the lead up of your cruise. The idea of the breakfast with a drink and upscale menu sounds enticing.

Make sure you let RCL that its your anniversary.

Happy planning

Thank you all very much for your responses. I have been on the Gifts & Gear site, but wanted to hear from people that actually have done them before -

you have all helped a lot in making a decision!! :)

We are driving to port, so the bathrobes will fit nicely in our car trunk...:p

That's perfect then! You can just wear them off the ship! LOL!!!!!! :D

We're on Navigator the cruise after your's...we're looking forward to it. Have a very happy Anniversary and Valentine's Day! <3

XO,

DG

I have another quick question for you guys -- We went ahead and got the Classic romance package, but the girl said we had to pick one day for the package to be delivered, then go to guest services once onboard and change the days of the individual things if we wanted to. :confused: I told her to just put it for our embarkation day so that the champagne will be waiting for us, but having to wait in line at GS to sort the rest of it out was not something I wanted to do as soon as we get onboard...

Those of you who have done the packages, is this what you had to do?

-gina-

I have another quick question for you guys -- We went ahead and got the Classic romance package, but the girl said we had to pick one day for the package to be delivered, then go to guest services once onboard and change the days of the individual things if we wanted to. :confused: I told her to just put it for our embarkation day so that the champagne will be waiting for us, but having to wait in line at GS to sort the rest of it out was not something I wanted to do as soon as we get onboard...

Those of you who have done the packages, is this what you had to do?

-gina-

This is from the RCL site :Classic Romance Package $108.70 CAD

Package contains vanilla cupcakes, a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival, a tray of elegant canapés in your stateroom before dinner on a formal night, petit fours after the meal, breakfast in bed and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait.

In my experience the Champagne was there at embarkation, the canapés on the first Formal night, the little cakes in the room after dinner. I did not have Breakfast included. Getting the portrait I think I had a coupon but might be mistaken.

If you call back you will probably get another answer! Karen

We once did the ones with robes in them and still wear them as they have held up very nice. Our robes were heavy cotton. The breakfast is special and can be arranged with head waiter. We had a coupon to give him. Not just your standard and came with mimosas. They have probably changed things by now but we thought it was worth it when you added each thing up separately like the pic and frame, robes and we got flowers for the room which they do not do anymore. We still display a picture in our silver frame.

We once looked a the vow renewal but thought it was too pricey for what you got.

Have a great time and it's wonderful you even think about romance!

Edited by cruiselvr04

I got 1 of the packages once and never got my "Ivory Lacquered & Crystal Frame" It says "While Supplies Last" but clearly supplies haven't run out since they are still advertising.

Has anyone received their frame?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app