SetSail Pass & Luggage Tags Question

Does anyone know or has experience with how Luggage Tags work when you complete the online check in with the SetSail Pass? Do you get any in advance or do you just fill them out at the pier? (Sorry if this has already been answered but a search did not turn this specific question up).

Sometimes you get the actual bound "books" with luggage tags. Sometimes you get e-mail documents and have to fill out luggage tags at the pier. We've had e-docs our last 3 cruises, and were surprised to get the spirial bound books for Sept. 3 NOS cruise.

Sometimes you get the actual bound "books" with luggage tags. Sometimes you get e-mail documents and have to fill out luggage tags at the pier. We've had e-docs our last 3 cruises, and were surprised to get the spirial bound books for Sept. 3 NOS cruise.

Wow, I didn't know they did e-docs. I actually liked the spiral bound tickets, because it has all of the info in one place, including all the excursion info. I hope I get that for my Vision in Oct trip!

Hi! I was on the Grandeur 9-night out of Baltimore on August 5 and received that spiral book about a month before we left and in it were the luggage tags! Four total--two each for hubby (name already printed on) and two for me!

I believe that the "set Sail Pass" program is very recent, and will not be fully implemented for a while. We are booked on the Vision of the Seas out of Vancouver on 16 Sept '05, and have recieved our SetSail Pass, which I printed out on-line. This is not the same as the eDocuments, which I have used in the past. The SetSail Pass is a single page document, which is signed by only one of the cabin occupants for the contract validation, and a second signature to activate your credit card. Obviously there is no way to print out the baggage tags, which can be readily be obtained from the stevedores at embarkation.

I have, at times, had a problem getting blank luggage tags on the dock, when using eDocuments, as some of the stevedores didn't have them and I had to go into the terminal and locate someone that knew where they were kept. For my Vision cruise I asked my TA to contact RCI and have them mail us ONLY the luggage tags (and suggested the TA get some for future SetSail Pass customers), and the ever efficient RCI immediately sent me a complete spiral bound set of documents, including the tags.

The SetSail Pass appears to be a giant step forward. There will be no need for anyone to look through the documents, since all information will be preverified on-line, and no need to swipe your credit card (already done). Just hand the attendant your single sheet SetSail Pass and both of your passports and you are completely checked in. I am going to submit a comment to RCI regarding mailing of luggage tags to cruise customers.

Petert

Petert: While there is no need to "look through the documents" with the SetSail Pass, they will still need to see your credit card for verification. Otherwise, you have the process correct.

It is also hit or miss re: the spiral books with luggage tags and the SetSail Passes. We used luggage tags from the pier for our 8/05 Majesty cruise. However, we are already in receipt of the "books" with luggage tags attached for our 9/25/05 Serenade cruise out of Vancouver.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

I think it´s two different things.

One is the type of documents you receive. At the moment they have the regular paper docs that are mailed out and include luggage tags and the second option is that they give you e-docs. With e-docs you receive a link via email. This link will provide a .pdf file that contains your cruise docs. Yo print them out and can take them along to the pier like the regular paper docs. Main difference is that with edocs you won´t receive luggage tags unless you have a local TA that is able to print them to give them to you. Usually with edocs you arrive at the pier without luggage tags and get them from a porter.

Completely independent from the documents you receive they have now the online check-in called SetSail Pass. You can use this regardless of the type of documents you receive. Use of the SetSail Pass also has nothing to do with the fact if you receive luggage tags or not. This has only to do with what documents you get. Use of the SetSail Pass has also nothing to do with what sort of documents you ghet as this is primarily the choice of your TA, of course you can request paper docs with the most TA´s though some may already charge you for this.

Archived