What is a reasonable cost?

mommareds

So I just purchased a policy for our upcoming cruise. It's Travel Guard Gold, it covers my husband and I and our 5 children for a 12 day cruise (14 day trip total with flights on both ends). Because I bought it after the 15-day final payment window, the Medical coverage is secondary and we don't get the Pre-existing Condition Waiver or Cancel for Any Reason benefit--all of which is fine with me.

(I primarily want it for the medical coverage--5 kids over 12 days in foreign lands who knows! lol)

Odd as this may sound, the cost has me concerned because I feel it was extremely LOW! (I'm not sure if I can/should specify how much?)

This policy/company I've seen recommended a number of times, and we are fairly young, and I'm sure having the Pre-Existing Condion and CFAR coverages excluded all helped keep the cost reasonable...

But I've seen many places where people say "Well it was pricey, but worth it for the peace of mind."

To me, this seems so low that I wonder if I made a mistake somehow???? I've checked and rechecked all the info...seems correct.

I did see where our minor dependants are no additional charge, so maybe that's it. I'm thinking a policy for 7 people, but we're only paying for 2?

Edited by mommareds
5 kids, not 7! I'm not that crazy haha!

Thank you for your replies. Crunching some numbers it looks like we're around 6%...so maybe the reduced benefits /lower time frame until departure have something to do with it?

Either way, I think we can safely say this is one time where we WON having 5 kids ;):cool: