Favorite Trivia Theme

jp12687

Hey,

so i know some people prefer to just lay out on deck and avoid the "structured" activities. But I enjoy some of them-- especially Trivia.

So my question is what are some of the crazier themes you have seen? what is your personal favorite trivia theme?

I've been reading alot about trivia on carnival but I have never seen or heard about it while sailing and I've been on 5 cruises. When and where do they have this and what is it about? Sounds like fun that I've been missing.

Typically i have seen it in the lobby bar area during sea days. its always listed in the fun times

Hey,

so i know some people prefer to just lay out on deck and avoid the "structured" activities. But I enjoy some of them-- especially Trivia.

So my question is what are some of the crazier themes you have seen? what is your personal favorite trivia theme?

Some of the trivia games we've played include: Sci Fi (which we bombed because there were too many Dr. Who questions and we don't watch the show), cartoon theme tunes (which we won because we watched a lot of older cartoons when we were kids), movie quotes (which we also lost because some of the movies were chick flicks and I do NOT watch chick flicks), 60's music (which we lost because we were too young), 70's music (which we also lost since we knew about half the questions), 2000 music (which we lost because we were too old). My favorite is the good, old, general trivia game.

I'm happy to say that we've won one Ship on a Stick on each of our 15 Carnival cruises. They sit proudly on a book shelf in our family room.

I've been reading alot about trivia on carnival but I have never seen or heard about it while sailing and I've been on 5 cruises. When and where do they have this and what is it about? Sounds like fun that I've been missing.

Every day's activities are listed in the fun times, including all trivia games.

Edited by stargate fan

We try to go to all the trivia games. Just look in the fun times and look to see where it is being played. We have about 15 ships on a stick, mostly from winning trivia. 60's and 70's are our favorite.

gosh- they must do 4-5 trivias a day-- even on port days trivia is always done and is always a nice turn out.

Some of the trivia games we've played include: Sci Fi (which we bombed because there were too many Dr. Who questions and we don't watch the show), cartoon theme tunes (which we won because we watched a lot of older cartoons when we were kids), movie quotes (which we also lost because some of the movies were chick flicks and I do NOT watch chick flicks), 60's music (which we lost because we were too young), 70's music (which we also lost since we knew about half the questions), 2000 music (which we lost because we were too old). My favorite is the good, old, general trivia game.

I'm happy to say that we've won one Ship on a Stick on each of our 15 Carnival cruises. They sit proudly on a book shelf in our family room.

Every day's activities are listed in the fun times, including all trivia games.

A part of what you said really hit's home for us and for the same exact reasons. We like the music trivia but it's normally held between 9 and 9:30PM, which is right in the middle of dinner (we always choose late seating). On our past two cruises, we've skipped "cruise elegant" or "formal" night and eat when/where ever and had the opportunity to try the music trivia. Like you, we only knew about half of the 70's. We thought we'd have a chance at the 80's, but the songs they used were dance music and we mainly listened to pop or rock. On our last cruise they had a "Classic Rock" trivia on a formal night, so we decided to do that. They played a clip of 20 songs & we had to know the song title and artist. We tied with another guy to win the famed SOS and they guy gave us each one and left before we could even compare answers. We just looked at each other and laughed. That was our first and only SOS. I'd love to try other kinds of trivia, but we just haven't made it a priority.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

My husband and I enjoy the trivia games on the ship too. They're fun but we've never been lucky enough to win one of the wonderful ships-on-a-stick, they seem to be very elusive for us. :(

I enjoy the 60's and 70's music, movies, TV theme songs, etc.

I wish they would have the trivia pertain to the crowd though. For example one time every person there to participate in the trivia was at least 50 years old. It would have been nice if they had trivia that us older folks would know more about. Instead it was very current and most people didn't know many of the answers so it was kind of boring.

My favorite on all of our cruises was Harry Potter trivia. My 10 yr old had a perfect score that tied a team that consisted of 6 adults. The host wanted to give two ships but my daughter refused and wanted to play sudden death. (The poor host was so worried that he would have a ten year old girl in hysterical tears)

She won. And the packed lounge went crazy.

ImageUploadedByForums1420934046.304234.jpg.2f7fd3b6fac1d781219c17764655f82c.jpg

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

Hey,

Well I have to say my dad and I really enjoy the trivia's ... we participate just for fun ... I love the music trivia themed ones I have won a few Ship on a sticks for it but I mostly do it for fun, usually to come out of the heat (

Super pale English skin)

My husband and I enjoy the trivia games on the ship too. They're fun but we've never been lucky enough to win one of the wonderful ships-on-a-stick, they seem to be very elusive for us. :(

I enjoy the 60's and 70's music, movies, TV theme songs, etc.

I wish they would have the trivia pertain to the crowd though. For example one time every person there to participate in the trivia was at least 50 years old. It would have been nice if they had trivia that us older folks would know more about. Instead it was very current and most people didn't know many of the answers so it was kind of boring.

Excuse me, but 50 is NOT old. :p I am a few years beyond 50 and I am not old. :D (If only I could convince my body...:eek:)

I love Sports Trivia....and I am a woman. Don't take this wrong guys but I love the look on a man's face when they realize that they lost to a woman with sports trivia. [emoji12][emoji12]

Another favorite of mine is Fun Ship trivia....all questions about the history of Carnival Cruise Lines. That was a fun one.

My least favorite trivia came a couple cruises ago....is was all questions about NASA. It was very hard

Edited by wrigley80

Trivia is held several times every day, more contests held on sea days. Always lots of fun.

On my last cruise my trivia team won 11 ships on a stick, champagne , and multiple medals. We played trivia games daily that included: music trivia from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, general trivia, Carnival Trivia, movie trivia, the ultimate trivia, and game show at night. My team ranged from people in the 40's, 20's, teenagers and Tweens. I think we covered most age groups so that helped.

It's just a moment, this time will pass

On our last cruise, I was the captain for the womens' team for Men Vs Women trivia.

We won by being able to answer the question, "This is the catchphrase from a popular 80s movie. Finish the phrase. There can be only.....?"

I didn't move from my spot. I didn't have to poll the women. I KNEW that answer.

The host looked at me. "Aren't you going to move?"

Nope. I knew it. And the guys were staring at me like I was crazy..how could i know this.

Duh. The answer was "Only one."...it's from one of my favorite bad 80s movies, "The Highlander". :D