is there a cheap hotel by Houston Itnl with free shuttle to port

spunky_girl8

i know there is tons of info on this subject. but cant find exactly what i am looking for...help!

Flying into to the major airport (not hobby) the day before our NCL cruise on Feb 13

trying to save money anywhere possible (single mom...just my 9 yr old and i traveling)

Is there a cheap hotel by the airport that would provide transport from the airport, then transport to the terminal?

I read its a long drive....cant afford a taxi to the terminal area i doubt

thanks so much

Short answer: NO.

Bush Intercontinental is about 75+ miles and about 2 hours from the Galveston Cruise Terminal. Hobby Airport is also a good distance away from Galveston. There are no free shuttles to Galveston as both airports aren't anywhere near Galveston.

There are no cheap hotels near Bush Intercontinental, either. The area is very overpriced.

There are several hotels in Galveston that do offer free shuttles to the Cruise Terminal. The Hilton springs to mind, but I know there are others.

Short answer: NO.

Bush Intercontinental is about 75+ miles and about 2 hours from the Galveston Cruise Terminal. Hobby Airport is also a good distance away from Galveston. There are no free shuttles to Galveston as both airports aren't anywhere near Galveston.

There are no cheap hotels near Bush Intercontinental, either. The area is very overpriced.

There are several hotels in Galveston that do offer free shuttles to the Cruise Terminal. The Hilton springs to mind, but I know there are others.

NCL uses Bayport, not Galveston, but the answer is still no.

The hotels at IAH are reasonable depending on the day. Weekends are much cheaper that weekdays. If you stay at the ones over on JFK and the beltway (Hampton inn, Hilton garden inn for example) there is a taco bell and Jack in the box and another restaurant within walking distance. If you go on the other side of the airport by Will Clayton Pkwy and US59 there are a few properties (super 8, best western) that have food within walking distance as well (sonic, waffle house). Pretty much all the hotels have shuttles to/from the airport (though some of the lower end ones use a shared shuttle). You also never said what "cheap" is..keep in mind this is a major city and major international airport so cheap to me/us that live here might not be the same as what you are used to. To be safe I would budget at least $100 for a room near the airport, and if you can find one cheaper using one of the discount websites all the power to you.

If you stay at the ones over on JFK and the beltway (Hampton inn, Hilton garden inn for example) there is a taco bell and Jack in the box and another restaurant within walking distance. If you go on the other side of the airport by Will Clayton Pkwy and US59 there are a few properties (super 8, best western) that have food within walking distance as well (sonic, waffle house).

Keep in mind that these roads (JFK Blvd and Will Clayton Pkwy) do not have many sidewalks, so walking anywhere will require you to either walk on the road or through the brush and/or drainage ditches on the sides of the road. Please be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got 2 quotes for 2 different cruises & plan to stay & park there.

One is $85 plus tax on a Saturday. The other, on a Thursday is $129, the week

before Thanksgiving.

They do have an airport shuttle & will also let you use their shuttle to eat in the area. phone: 281-219-2000.

Happy sailing,

Cruzin Lady