Non Drinker and 123 Promo

pamkev

Has anyone succeeded in doing this when the classic package came as part of a promo? I'd really rather do this as well. Would enjoy the premium water which is not included in the classic package.

Linda

There were a couple threads on this sometime in the past year although I can't find them right now. Several different posters reported that they were ably to convert from the classic alcoholic to the premium non-alcoholic on request at guest relations on embarkation day. I can't recall for sure but I don't remember anyone who reported attempting this and being denied. At the same time everyone who reported asking this question in advance of their sailing by calling Celebrity was told this could not be done. Apparently another disconnect between the customer service information and actual practice on the ships.

------

edit:

Found one of the old threads. See post #20 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42873042

I recall seeing a couple others too.

Edited by Lsimon

There were a couple threads on this sometime in the past year although I can't find them right now. Several different posters reported that they were ably to convert from the classic alcoholic to the premium non-alcoholic on request at guest relations on embarkation day. I can't recall for sure but I don't remember anyone who reported attempting this and being denied. At the same time everyone who reported asking this question in advance of their sailing by calling Celebrity was told this could not be done. Apparently another disconnect between the customer service information and actual practice on the ships.

------

edit:

Found one of the old threads. See post #20 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42873042

Larry, I've always contended that they're two different companies. :D Thanks for looking for the old thread.

Linda

------

edit:

Larry, thanks for the link. I'm going to try this too!!:)

We have the Classic Package for our next cruise, but on our first Celebrity Cruise where we had to buy a package, it was cheaper for us to buy the premium non alcohol package for the $20 and then pay for the one or two drinks we had a day.

We drank plenty of coffee, Pellegrino, waters and sodas depending. But usually enjoyed one umbrella drink by the pool and a glass of wine with dinner.

That fell below the price of the premium and classic alcohol packages.

That's why the "formula" shared isn't necessarily correct. When someone says they spent $24 before lunch on coffees and water, it's really only $20 and would remain constant for all the non alcohol you had for the rest of the day.

Accounting nerd here.

We had the drink package promo on our December cruise and DH doesn't drink alcohol. He did not try to downgrade, but was able to get Evian under the Classic package as long as he asked for the small (single serving) bottle. I had upgraded to the premium package, so when we were getting large bottles to take back to the cabin or off the ship we just got the large bottles of Evian on my card.

So if I am on the classic package (alcohol), I can get a pina colada with rum...but I'm not allowed to get one without rum??!! I doubt that...

What is the difference between a premium coffee & a specialty coffee? (just regular coffee at the coffee place v. a latte?)

Water is water, imo--but the premium NA plan does include Red Bull & Vitamin water.

We had the drink package promo on our December cruise and DH doesn't drink alcohol. He did not try to downgrade' date=' but was able to get Evian under the Classic package as long as he asked for the small (single serving) bottle. I had upgraded to the premium package, so when we were getting large bottles to take back to the cabin or off the ship we just got the large bottles of Evian on my card.[/quote']

Do you know if you can get the large Pellegrino's with the premium? I'd like to take one to the room and going to get a small bottle over and over might get kinda annoying.

Do you know if you can get the large Pellegrino's with the premium? I'd like to take one to the room and going to get a small bottle over and over might get kinda annoying.

When I order Pellegrino at Tuscan Grille or Murano, I believe those are the large size bottles that you are referring to. And yes, they are covered by the premium nonalcoholic beverage package or the premium alcoholic beverage package. As long as the cost is less than $13, you're fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Other than Evian, Pellegrino, Vitamin Water, and Red Bull, it's not clear to me what the Premium NA covers that the Classic alcohol doesn't.

But if you want those specific things, it's worth asking to swap.

It frosts me that under-21 passengers get the Classic NA under the 123 promo, because that really doesn't include much besides soft drinks and regular bottled water. Would it kill them to make it Premium NA?

Edited by schlimazel_traveler

Im confused. Im new to Celebrity and booked with them during the 123 promo. They told me that my kids will still be able to get the mocktails virgin pina coladas, smoothies ect. I'm just afraid that when we get there their drink package might be modified to the Classic non alcohloic that doesn't list those things. They are in a different room than us. I just don't want them to be disapointed considering both rooms are same price.

Here is a picture of the descriptions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44916001&postcount=52

Maybe call and check?

I may have been told the wrong information.

Worst case, you can upgrade for $4/ day.

The smoothies are weird, though.

I don't know if they would appeal to kids.

That's the thing several agents told me there won't be any problem with them getting the frozen drinks. They are 18 and 20.

Ah, not kids then. They may like them. They are kind of health/spa concept.

I am sure someone knows for sure what package the under-21s get. I was told Classic NA but our just-completed cruise was not booked under that promo and we bought our own. (2 soda packages, 1 classic NA)

Thanks I'll ask again. Next time I call them.

So if I am on the classic package (alcohol), I can get a pina colada with rum...but I'm not allowed to get one without rum??!! I doubt that...

QUOTE]

Not true, I tried several frozen virgin drinks and the pina colada was quite good actually. They actually have a menu of "Zero Proof" drinks.

enjoy

Yes, Pellegrino and Perrier in large bottles are covered under the Premium Package, but not the Classic Package. Only "non-Premium" (Evian) in large bottles (my cruise it was Crystal Geyser brand) were available under the Classic Package.

Water is water, imo--but the premium NA plan does include Red Bull & Vitamin water.

Yes, you can still get virgin drinks under the classic alcohol package. For water, large bottles of non-Premium are available under the Classic Pkg. If you don't care about water brand then this will not matter to you, but some people prefer specific brands.