Non Drinker and 123 Promo

pamkev

My hubby does not drink alcohol. He does like to drink the virgin drinks will this be included in the Classic Package? I know soda is included which he will partake of.

If I wanted to upgrade him to the top non-alcohol package if the virgin drinks are not included in the Classic Alcohol Package would we still need to pay the upgrade price of the premium alcohol package or would it be better to just pay as we go when he wants one of them.

My hubby does not drink alcohol. He does like to drink the virgin drinks will this be included in the Classic Package? I know soda is included which he will partake of.

If I wanted to upgrade him to the top non-alcohol package if the virgin drinks are not included in the Classic Alcohol Package would we still need to pay the upgrade price of the premium alcohol package or would it be better to just pay as we go when he wants one of them.

No need to pay more money to upgrade. Just downgrade the package to the premium nonalcohol package which is $20 per day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

No need to pay more money to upgrade. Just downgrade the package to the premium nonalcohol package which is $20 per day.

Has anyone succeeded in doing this when the classic package came as part of a promo? I'd really rather do this as well. Would enjoy the premium water which is not included in the classic package.

Linda

Has anyone succeeded in doing this when the classic package came as part of a promo? I'd really rather do this as well. Would enjoy the premium water which is not included in the classic package.

Linda

No personal experience but I've read a few times that people cannot downgrade. Weird!

I've read a few times that people cannot downgrade. Weird!

So have I. My hub is a Friend of Bill who loves mango smoothies and Pellegrino, so we've been following this topic closely, too. I've read contrary reports. Some say virgin drinks are covered, but not premium water, while others say you must downgrade to classic nonalcoholic, then upgrade to premium nonalcoholic for $4 a day. It appears that, as with so many other aspects of an X sailing, it depends on what employee you ask!

They don't exactly make this easy for nondrinkers, do they? I can't see the logic in requiring nondrinkers to pay more for consuming less.

Good luck!

So have I. My hub is a Friend of Bill who loves mango smoothies and Pellegrino, so we've been following this topic closely, too. I've read contrary reports. Some say virgin drinks are covered, but not premium water, while others say you must downgrade to classic nonalcoholic, then upgrade to premium nonalcoholic for $4 a day. It appears that, as with so many other aspects of an X sailing, it depends on what employee you ask!

They don't exactly make this easy for nondrinkers, do they? I can't see the logic in requiring nondrinkers to pay more for consuming less.

Good luck!

I know, crazy. You'll definitely get a good selection of non alcoholic drinks but just not the premium waters (San pelligrino) etc. he should still be fine and have enough choices.

Unfortunately we could not downgrade our classic package last year before we cruised we had to upgrade to the premium package simply for Evian water for our 25 year son. Alcohol and his medication just doesn't mix. We didn't try on the ship as Captains club UK had already told us it wasn't possible. To be honest Captains club are usually correct with their answers.

There have been no reports of anyone having success in doing what Vulcan recommended -- downgrading from Classic Alcohol to Premium Non Alcohol. It doesn't appear to be something that Celebrity allows.

For those who have the Classic Alcohol but don't drink alcohol, remember that your package includes a myriad of non alcoholic beverages, from cappuccino to fresh squeezed juice, to soft drinks and waters. They may not be the brand of water you prefer, but keep in mind that if you didn't have the package included in your cruise price you would be buying those bottles of water anyway, so there really isn't much difference in buying them now.

as we have the classic package included with the 123 ALL IN deal. We rarely drink alcoholic beverages--- On the Reflection before these deals started (we still came out ahead with cruise price and purchasing premium n/a package)--after that cruise, we saw we would have managed just fine with the regular n/a package- as it included perfectly good bottled drinking water and sodas which was all we cared about anyway, so wasn't worth the extra $80.00 for the 10 day cruise- For the very few smoothies and alcoholic bev that we purchased we did the math, for our upcoming cruise on Summit and saw that if we booked with the classic deal that came with the promotion-- Celebrity wouldn't give us any money to downgrade it to n/a/ package any way. Anyway, a very nice customer service rep said that unless you really drink a lot of fancy bottled water, she didn't think it would make sense to downgrade and then spend $4.00 per person to upgrade to premium n/a package-- at least for dh and myself.

I don't drink and had the classic package on the Equinox in December. I loved it. Would I buy it just for me? Heck but my wife does drink some so it was worth it to us.

I has smoothies from the Aqua Spa cafe and lot's of good coffee from the Cafe including a cold one that was great in the evenings. Drank a few sodas and a lot of bottled water. Oh yea, a few virgin Pina Coladas thrown in too. They even had a zero proof menu. To me water is water, I'd never upgrade just for water. Even if I drank it at home, 7-10 nights without Evian wouldn't kill me. I like Pepsi and they only serve Coke. No big deal I can live with it for a while.

Actually quire a few nights at dinner I'd order the same drink and my wife and just give it to here. Seriously an Amaretto Sour with ice had probably 3 oz of liquid so instead of having the server come back we'd just order 2.

If you are not hung up on brands then you'll be fine.

Duane

Edited by Duanerice1

Good luck!

This is what I did. My invoice shows Classic Non-Alcoholic and my DH's says Classic Alcoholic. I will upgrade to the Premium Non-Alcoholic on the ship and use OBC for it. It should be $4 a day + grants. My TA did say it took her a few phone calls to get that adjusted.

Edited by sr4mjc

This is what I did. My invoice shows Classic Non-Alcoholic and my DH's says Classic Alcoholic. I will upgrade to the Premium Non-Alcoholic on the ship and use OBC for it. It should be $4 a day + grants. My TA did say it took her a few phone calls to get that adjusted.

Good for you!! Hope I can do the same for our next cruise. I don't drink alcohol and prefer the premium non-alcoholic package for the sparkling water and frozen drinks. :):) happy cruising

Hi there, we have the Classic Alcohol package as part of the 123 promo as well and I don't drink alcohol, my wife does a little. I had asked celebrity if I could have the premium non alcoholic package instead and they said no. I did read some threads on here recently by searching where people said if you go to guest relations as soon as you board the ship and before you swipe your card to get a drink they may let you switch to the premium non alcoholic package as a down grade with no refund for the difference in value. I might go and ask, otherwise we will just by the odd bottle of san pelligrino or whatever is not included if we really want it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree with Linda it makes no sense for some one who doesn't drink. We have a lot of OBC and for a 10 days cruise at $4 a day it's not much although it still makes no sense.

Pam

Good for you!! Hope I can do the same for our next cruise. I don't drink alcohol and prefer the premium non-alcoholic package for the sparkling water and frozen drinks. :):) happy cruising

I live on those fizzy waters :D

We had the classic alcohol package on Eclipse last May. My OH doest drink alcohol but we visited guest relations within hours of boarding and asked politely. They had a ready printed form for him to sign agreeing that the downgrade to the premium non alcoholic package would not entitle any refund or price differential. After that he was good to go. Downgrading allowed access to the premium waters that the classic alcohol package excludes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had the classic alcohol package on Eclipse last May. My OH doest drink alcohol but we visited guest relations within hours of boarding and asked politely. They had a ready printed form for him to sign agreeing that the downgrade to the premium non alcoholic package would not entitle any refund or price differential. After that he was good to go. Downgrading allowed access to the premium waters that the classic alcohol package excludes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting. I have spoken to people on the cruise ship when I recently sailed, but because I didn't know who they were I couldn't point to any first-hand evidence.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree with Linda it makes no sense for some one who doesn't drink. We have a lot of OBC and for a 10 days cruise at $4 a day it's not much although it still makes no sense.

Pam

Pam, I've asked my TA to check with her rep on this. If Celebrity says no, we can go to GR when we board and try again.

Linda