Diamond Princess A706 - any advice

aussie57

Hi all

We have a hold on A706 on Diamond Princess Deck 12. It's an accessible inside cabin for Singapore to Sydney in Sept. Above is Horizon Court & a public toilet, below is a laundromat & cabins. Has anyone cruised in this area of Diamond or Sapphire, & know of any noise issues?

We have never been in a cabin this high before but did sail in the same location on Emerald Deck on Sapphire 7 yrs ago but it was very quiet.

Also worried that it's the "last" wheelchair cabin on the ship. Does that mean it's been overlooked by everyone else for a reason?

Please help.

Thanks

I have been in that cabin in 2006. I do not recall being bothered by noise but I could have just ignored any noise and was just grateful that a HC cabin was available for me.

It is possible that it was the last one selected because of location, but if you really need the amenities of a HC cabin and want the itinerary, I also feel you should book it before it disappears. You can ask your TA to put you on a waiting list if another HC becomes available.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have been in that cabin in 2006. I do not recall being bothered by noise but I could have just ignored any noise and was just grateful that a HC cabin was available for me.

It is possible that it was the last one selected because of location, but if you really need the amenities of a HC cabin and want the itinerary, I also feel you should book it before it disappears. You can ask your TA to put you on a waiting list if another HC becomes available.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much Rascalrider.

I'm encouraged by your reply. Yes, we really need the HC as hubby is an above-knee double amputee. We have booked the cruise.