TIpping on a B2B

TEXASMIMI

Wondering if on B2B 7day cruise and you have same butler and steward both cruises do you tip after each or when departing ship??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't actually need to worry about tipping your room steward, as they receive a portion of the $12 pp pd Service Charge. This covers stewards, staff in the restaurants, behind-the-scenes crew, both for payroll, and some other crew benefits.

This is added directly to your room bill, so you don't have to worry about it, at all.

If you are in a suite, with Butler service then they are NOT part of the Service Charge and if I were in your shoes, I'd tip at the end of each leg... because there may be more than 1 butler onboard, and/or they may be leaving on vacation.

Stephen

Wondering if on B2B 7day cruise and you have same butler and steward both cruises do you tip after each or when departing ship??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tip each and every person getting a tip individually at the end of each segment.

When I was on a 38 day long B2B2B2B cruise, I tipped at the end of each of the 4 segments.

Let me chime in with a question. I will be on B2B on Jade in Venice. I am staying in same room; can you tell me what the protocol will be at the end of first portion? Will I have to pay my bill and start another one; will I have to get off ship and check in again, can I leave all my bags in my room? Thanks.

Let me chime in with a question. I will be on B2B on Jade in Venice. I am staying in same room; can you tell me what the protocol will be at the end of first portion? Will I have to pay my bill and start another one; will I have to get off ship and check in again, can I leave all my bags in my room? Thanks.

When we have had b2b's on NCL and stayed in same cabin, our onboard account was carried over to the next cruise.

Just make sure your key card shows your final departure date. You can take care of this at front desk by showing your boarding document for second leg if you didn't do that when you first boarded..

In Europe you can stay aboard ship on turnaround day if you wish. We did.

In the US they require everyone off the ship to zero it down, but this is not necessary in Europe.

In both Europe and US, if you are returning to same cabin just treat it as a regular port day for how you leave your possessions in your cabin.

Edited by NMLady