Amsterdam transportation to Cruise Port

What is the best, inexpensive way to get from hotel in downtown Amsterdam to the Felison Cruise Terminal? Called Celebrity, they said it is Piet Heinkade 27.

This is the PTA (passenger terminal) in Amsterdam - about a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station.

Taxi would probably be your best option - don't know where you are staying.

Just to make sure, the cruise terminal in Amsterdam is on Piet Heinkade as explained above. It is not too far from Centraal Station.

However the Fellison Terminal is in IJmuiden which is 20 kms. west of Amsterdam. And that is NOT Piet Heinkade.

What is the best, inexpensive way to get from hotel in downtown Amsterdam to the Felison Cruise Terminal? Called Celebrity, they said it is Piet Heinkade 27.

Good catch, Ine. Yes, the PTA is on Piet Heinkade.

The Felison is not in the city of Amsterdam. Like Ine said, it is in Ijmuiden.

I would check again with your cruise consultant - it sounds like they are giving you incorrect information.

I have cruised to AMS on Celebrity ships - they have always docked at the PTA on Piet Heinkade.

What Celebrity ship will you be on? It is definitely not the Insignia. Is it the Silhouette or the Eclipse?

I just checked the cruise calendar for the Felison terminal for 2015 - there are NO Celebrity ships docking this year.

http://www.felisonterminal.nl/calendar

The Celebrity Silhouette will dock at the PTA. The PTA cruise calendar is below.

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index_en.php?site=cruises&hc=cruisecalendar

Edited by dogs4fun

Good catch, Ine. Yes, the PTA is on Piet Heinkade.

The Felison is not in the city of Amsterdam. Like Ine said, it is in Ijmuiden.

I would check again with your cruise consultant - it sounds like they are giving you incorrect information.

I have cruised to AMS on Celebrity ships - they have always docked at the PTA on Piet Heinkade.

What Celebrity ship will you be on? It is definitely not the Insignia. Is it the Silhouette or the Eclipse?

I just checked the cruise calendar for the Felison terminal for 2015 - there are NO Celebrity ships docking this year.

http://www.felisonterminal.nl/calendar

The Celebrity Silhouette will dock at the PTA. The PTA cruise calendar is below.

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index_en.php?site=cruises&hc=cruisecalendar

They said Piet Heinkade 27, this is new to me and this is what Celebrity said?? We are on Celebrity Silhouette of August 8, 2015. Mary

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

They said Piet Heinkade 27, this is new to me and this is what Celebrity said?? We are on Celebrity Silhouette of August 8, 2015. Mary

You ship is mentioned on the PTA list Amsterdam, not on Felison IJmuiden. So it looks like the person in Celebrity does not know which is which.

• 1 month later...

I wrote to Port of Amsterdam to ask if the tall ship event would effect our departure. Here is the reply:

"It is correct that the Celebrity Silhouette will dock at an alternative quay due to SAIL 2015.

The cruise ship will dock at the Amsterdam Marine Terminal (Corsicaweg 10 – Amsterdam) this terminal is located outside the city centre, in the harbour of Amsterdam. No hotels are located nearby, you need to take a taxi to go from your hotel to the ship.

If you want to have a glimpse of the SAIL event at the river IJ (old tall ships) then we suggest you stay in a hotel in Amsterdam, nearby the Central Train station. Around this area the happening takes place – walking distance from the station! A must see as it only happens once every 5 years!

When on your way to embarking the ship it is best to take a taxi from the hotel in the city centre. Double check with the hotel if taxi’s can drive upon the entrance of this hotel due to Sail. Please take into consideration that the area around the central train station and PTA is closed for all traffic (also taxi’s).

If you only need to stay a night in Amsterdam to have a rest before starting your cruise it is best to book a hotel outside the city centre or even near the airport.

As the ship docks at the AMT – outside the city centre it is best to take a taxi who brings you to the hotel. Walking is not an option.

We trust to have informed you enough, our apologies for the possible inconvenience, but the SAIL event is a must-see and we hope you might find the time to have a look around. Enjoy your cruise and your time in Amsterdam!"

Just to make sure, the cruise terminal in Amsterdam is on Piet Heinkade as explained above. It is not too far from Centraal Station.

However the Fellison Terminal is in IJmuiden which is 20 kms. west of Amsterdam. And that is NOT Piet Heinkade.

I wrote to Port of Amsterdam to ask if this event would effect our departure. Here is the reply I received:

"It is correct that the Celebrity Silhouette will dock at an alternative quay due to SAIL 2015.

The cruise ship will dock at the Amsterdam Marine Terminal (Corsicaweg 10 – Amsterdam) this terminal is located outside the city centre, in the harbour of Amsterdam. No hotels are located nearby, you need to take a taxi to go from your hotel to the ship.

If you want to have a glimpse of the SAIL event at the river IJ (old tall ships) then we suggest you stay in a hotel in Amsterdam, nearby the Central Train station. Around this area the happening takes place – walking distance from the station! A must see as it only happens once every 5 years!

When on your way to embarking the ship it is best to take a taxi from the hotel in the city centre. Double check with the hotel if taxi’s can drive upon the entrance of this hotel due to Sail. Please take into consideration that the area around the central train station and PTA is closed for all traffic (also taxi’s).

If you only need to stay a night in Amsterdam to have a rest before starting your cruise it is best to book a hotel outside the city centre or even near the airport.

As the ship docks at the AMT – outside the city centre it is best to take a taxi who brings you to the hotel. Walking is not an option.

We trust to have informed you enough, our apologies for the possible inconvenience, but the SAIL event is a must-see and we hope you might find the time to have a look around. Enjoy your cruise and your time in Amsterdam!"

depends on where you are staying, taxis can not go to certain places. I had called Celebrity before getting this info. I Had been given info several months ago from Ina on these threads, she lives there and told me of this. Celebrity Customer service has not been given info yet. This info you have read is from the PORT OF AMSTERDAM officials

Corsicaweg is indeed part of the port of Amsterdam. It is situated in the western section of town, just west of Coentunnel. It is an industrial section, donot expect any shops etc. there.

Closest trainstation will be Amsterdam Sloterdijk, but with luggage it is not really walkable. Frequent trains from Sloterdijk there into Centraal station and also to/from the airport. At Sloterdijk station you will find the rather new Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

From Corsicahaven to town indeed a cab will be best, I only hope there will be plenty there due all the events in town.

In case you opt for public transport check this site. I put in a fictitious trip from Corsicahaven to Amsterdam Centraal: http://9292.nl/en/journeyadvice/amsterdam_corsicaweg/station-amsterdam-centraal/departure/2015-02-25T0900#

You can use this site for all information about public transport.

If you use google maps you will find the exact location.

We are staying at the RHO hotel. How far is it from Piet Heinkade terminal.

Thank you

About 3-4 miles I think. Check the map given on the hotel website. Cruiseterminal is east of Centraal Station.

Edited by Ine