jade cruise director

I don't think it will be Pedro. Had an email from him over the Hoildays (sailed with him three times in one year a while back and we have corresponded semi regularly since). In his email he said he would be joining Epic in March....I presumed when she reaches Europe.

In his email he said he would be joining Epic in March....I presumed when she reaches Europe.
The Epic repositions in mid-April, so it sounds like he will be doing a couple of Caribbean cruises before that.
Is he good?
He reminds me of the Devil but I guess he is a good CD.

I will also be on the Jade (again!) this upcoming May so I also wonder who will be the CD. When I was on the Jade last May, Rico was the CD. I liked him and remember he was soft spoken on the intercom. He would always make his announcements in both English and Spanish as he was Canadian-Dominican.

Is jill any good as a cruise director

She's English, comes from Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Tries hard, is pleasant and happy to talk when you see her around ship. Other than that AFAIK she does her job competently without being OTT.

Xmas 2013, very poor performance on some critical Xmas activities like the carols and the kids gift activity.

Pleasant enough but nothing dynamic, things might have improved, it was over a year ago.

Be interested if the activities Garry introduced that improved the Jade experience a lot are still on-going without him?

Xmas 2013, very poor performance on some critical Xmas activities like the carols and the kids gift activity.
I would have said the same thing, but it turns out Pedro wasn't really any better this past Christmas. (And unlike Jill, he did not dress up as Mrs Claus on Christmas morning :D)