Chops and Giovanni's, is the food a lot better than MDR?

Natmom

Its just a different experience. What I like about MDR is the ability to order multiple apps, entrees, desserts, etc .. and its free. Certainly nothing wrong with MDR.

Chops is good .. but each and every time we've done Chops (5 times now), its taken FOREVER. Always friendly warm service .. but, just as in MDR, not enough staff! Our poor server each time was in the weeds ... things just took forever. The "dining room manager" just seems to oscillate around the dining room acting as if everything is wonderful, looking over peoples heads .. but does not bother helping the overworked servers.

Steaks and quality of the food is wonderful though. The filets, the seafood and OMG those shrimp cocktails with the HUGE shrimp are to die for.

Those tacky tater tots? Not so much ... they even call them tater tots, I think. I aint payin no $30 for some Ore-Ida crap outta some bag! Just sayin!

We did notice that when they are out trolling with "special offer" for Chops .. and knock it down to $25 or even $20 .. . the tip on those nights is NOT included

pretty tricky of them ... so be carefulof that if u think ure in there getting a deal.

Edited by F27TW

Another note about Chops is we have cruised many lines most recently several cruises on Hal and while I much prefer RCCL in general, Hal steak restaurant Pinnacle is far superior to Chops in food , service and décor, also why is there no white table clothes in Chops and other specialty restaurants and there is in MDR?? Also specialty on Celebrity are way better than chops.

Another note about Chops is we have cruised many lines most recently several cruises on Hal and while I much prefer RCCL in general, Hal steak restaurant Pinnacle is far superior to Chops in food , service and décor, also why is there no white table clothes in Chops and other specialty restaurants and there is in MDR?? Also specialty on Celebrity are way better than chops.

I would expect specialty on Celebrity to be better. RC is a mass market cruise line. To expect anything more at this point is wishful thinking. That was why I said that folks have too high expectations. In today's world this is what you get for an extra $30. If it's not to your liking then Celebrity is probably a better fit.