Carnival ruined our Cruise by not caring about safety!

lovewine

We cruised on the Freedom and loved it, it is our fav cruise by far. Sorry you couldn't find something to be happy with. We are non-smokers and the smoke didn't bother us, not even on our balcony. And please show me a ship that the pizza line is not long?!?!?!?!?! There isn't one!

Maybe like others said you should try a different cruise line. Freedom is a great ship!

I was looking for my soapbox but found a good sturdy deckchair someone threw down here...that works.

Besides the misleading title the OP placed, it's posts like this that really show how much expectations have eclipsed reality. How entitlement has become merely a tantrum by those that should have supposedly grown out of that stage.

From the fact the OP has not returned to defend/clarify themselves, it seems to re-enforce the tantrum of the eye-straining original post.

The mere number of people, logistics and countless pieces that must fit perfectly to make cruises even possible seems to have been lost on some. Not all cruises are perfect, but I for one am grateful for what the cruise industry provides us as a way to unplug from the chaotic beehive of our daily lives to perhaps take a step back on purpose and enjoy what really matters... the beauty of the world around us and seeing that cozy room after a turndown service that reminds you of something you normally only see in your dreams.

Cruises and life are what you make of it and I consider myself to be lucky to partake in both.

Edited by TAPNKEGS

Don't forget mini croissants and cinnamon rolls - yum! :)

Sometimes I think when people complain about the food at the buffet, they are really complaining about the atmosphere ... Lines, noise, getting a table. I don't knew why more don't try the MDR - more or less the same food, with maybe a couple extra choices, and you get to sit down and someone brings it right to you!

But I suspect after the chair incident the OP wouldn't have happy the rest of the cruise no matter what happened!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No lines, noise, or problems getting a table at 0630. :)

1. Agree that deck chairs incident would be troubling and terrifying.

2.Sounds like OP has some unrealistic expectations.

3. Perhaps should consider a meditative retreat in Tibet. (I'm sure the monks aren't throwing anything!)

This is what I don't get. Eggs several different ways (and btw, the omelette ingredients are sitting right there within sight. How hard is it to figure out the options?) Every type of bread to toast including bagels, muffins and Danishes, french toast, pancakes and waffles, bacon and sausage, oatmeal and grits, cold cereals, fruit galore, even cold meats and cheeses. Honestly, what else could one want for breakfast?

Exactly! Plus there are multiple omelet stations throughout.

My only problem with breakfast is that there are too many choices for me to decide what I want, so sometimes I get pizza. :D Mmm!

Exactly! Plus there are multiple omelet stations throughout.

My only problem with breakfast is that there are too many choices for me to decide what I want, so sometimes I get pizza. :D Mmm!

Pizza for breakfast? Genius! I was rewarded for reading this thread to the end. I can't believe I haven't thought of that before.

............ but then he decided to go all religious on us. Sang a gospel Jesus song. So inappropriate on a cruise. No one even asked for the song to be played, he just decided he wanted to preach to us all.............

So out of 3 or 4 dozen songs he has a gospel song and you think that's going all religious and preaching? Maybe some people like to hear those once in a while. Maybe I wouldn't want your first choice but I understand I'm not the only passenger to keep happy.

I think the OP deserves the personal attention that one gets while experiencing a land based all inclusive resort. Give up standing in long lines, it's not for you. Give up breakfast buffets and compromised schedules......it's not your style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you think you are owed a detailed explanation

as to how they handle a situation with another passenger?

Quite frankly that's none of your business.

:D Couldn't agree with you more! :)

Some people like to think they're in control..

Some people aren't good with just Rolling with Life's Punches!

Edited by Aplmac

So out of 3 or 4 dozen songs he has a gospel song and you think that's going all religious and preaching? Maybe some people like to hear those once in a while. Maybe I wouldn't want your first choice but I understand I'm not the only passenger to keep happy.

I agree with the OP on this one. The piano bar is not the place for religious music. Fact is …. we are not all Christians. HOWEVER it would not have ruined my cruise nor would I think Carnival was responsible. The best thing would have been to fill out a comment card complaining of this particular song choice at this particular venue.

Honestly this goes along with the Comedy Club, if you don't like something being said/sang or are offended you can simply walk out. But you also sound like a reasonable person so it sounds like that is what you would do. Some would rather make a big deal about everything instead. And the OP had quite the list. I really wish the OP would come back but I think they have hit the road.

I agree with the OP on this one. The piano bar is not the place for religious music. Fact is …. we are not all Christians. HOWEVER it would not have ruined my cruise nor would I think Carnival was responsible. The best thing would have been to fill out a comment card complaining of this particular song choice at this particular venue.

First off, we don't know what song was sung. Did the OP do a poll to be able to say "no one" requested it? There may have been a Christian group attending.

1. Carnival does not and should not disclose security information about other patrons to other patrons. How would you feel if they were giving information about you to other people

2. Football is king. They're going to postpone the comedy show to keep selling drinks during the football game, to sell more drinks during the comedy show. They don't care if they've inconveniencing 2 people.

3. Aruba decided to close the port early, not Carnival. They have to comply with Aruba's rules. Don't blame Carnival.

Sorry for being honest, but it sounds to me like you are just being a whiner. I think your lofty expectations ruined your cruise more than carnival did. Hope you find success and happiness with another cruise line :)

If you are an anglophile like me, try Cunard. Sure these last two are more $$$, but you know the saying.... ;)

Just curious, what kinds of breakfast does Cunard offer?

Edited by guxu