Kids swim free with the dolphins!!

mitsugirly

We might be heading back to Cozumel and my daughter has been trying to talk me into going back to Chankanaab so that my grandson can do the dolphin swim. (Last couple of times we were there, he was not with us so he has never done this).

Ā 

I told her I wasn't really interested in going back there again and would like to continue trying out "new" places...then she showed me this:

Ā 

Ā 

cozumel_zps18922092.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So now once again...I'm "considering" it.

Ā 

Ā 

I just thought others would like to know and possibly take advantage of the offer. I know someone was asking me a bunch of questions about the swim the other day and said they were going to stay on the look out to see if this special would run some time before their cruise...but I can't seem to locate what thread it was on now. :p

Ā 

Ā 

Can anyone tell me more about their sea lion "discovery"??? I know everyone on here refers to it as a sea lion "swim", but they call it a "discovery" at on the site. It does say in the description "There are many things to do in Cozumel and Dolphin Discovery is the only place in the island where you can swim with sea lions and have a day full of adventures." But it then goes on and says "The Sea Lion Discovery Program includes fun activities with sea lions including learning about their diet, feeding them, petting them, and getting a kiss from them." It mentions nothing about actually SWIMMING with them. :confused: I'm so confused.

Ā 

So has anyone done this? Can you tell me what you actually did during this discovery? Was you actually in the water with them? Do they take your pictures like they do with the dolphins and you have to buy their CD in order to get any pictures?

Ā 

Thanks in advance. :)

Was this offer sent to you via email or what, is a great deal if they offer it during my cruise on spring Break. I dont see anything about availability dates.

Ā 

No, it is listed on their site. The picture posted came directly from their web page. :) It is for any date and says availabled for a limited time. So, it doesn't state when it will expire.

I know someone was asking me a bunch of questions about the swim the other day and said they were going to stay on the look out to see if this special would run some time before their cruise...but I can't seem to locate what thread it was on now. :p

Ā 

I think that might have been me...at least I was one of the people asking you about the last time you saw the buy one, get one for $1 deal. :) Unfortunately, kids swim free won't work for me...no kids...just DH and I. I did call the company and they said they probably won't be running the BOGO one for a long time, since they ran it for most of Nov/Dec as a holiday promo. But glad you and others can take advantage of it! (I wanted to do the sea lion one too..)

Ā 

I'll probably skip the swims this time and just visit the park, since there aren't really any great deals for couples. Sounds like there's still lots of fun stuff to do!

Edited by Flafun888

It's a bummer for us...

Ā 

I saw the heigh requirements and measured my 6 year old, she's a few inches off.

Ā 

All she talks about it swimming with the dolphins on the cruise.

Ā 

I haven't had the heart to break her heart.

It's a bummer for us...

Ā 

I saw the heigh requirements and measured my 6 year old, she's a few inches off.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Where did you find the height requirements? I am also interested in doing this with my 4 year olds so would like to know if this sale would be available still in April.:o

It's a bummer for us...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Where are the height requirements? I can't seem to locate them.

Ā 

You can always do the encounter, which is still neat. My daughter did that when she was 3. You still get in the water with them, they do tricks, touch them, kiss them and get interactions with the dolphins. Are you talking about actually being pulled around by them?

Thank you Mitsugirly, that just saved me $178.00. My kids are 6, 4 but they said we could book the royal swim for me and my wife while my kids could do the non dolphin swimming portion which basically equates to the dolphin encounter for them.

Ā 

I don't think my kids are brave enough to do the dolphin swimming by themselves, but hoping I can have them grab onto my back during the dorsal tow swim.

Thank you for this tip! We just booked and 3 of our 4 kids got in free!!!! This is a big savings for us.

Ā 

Thank you Mitsugirly, that just saved me $178.00. My kids are 6, 4 but they said we could book the royal swim for me and my wife while my kids could do the non dolphin swimming portion which basically equates to the dolphin encounter for them.

Ā 

I don't think my kids are brave enough to do the dolphin swimming by themselves, but hoping I can have them grab onto my back during the dorsal tow swim.

Ā 

Ā 

Glad everyone is getting to take advantage of this awesome deal. :D

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Has anyone found where they list the height requirements? I know they use to have some and someone on here mentioned them, but I can not find it anywhere. :confused:

Sorry, they're not listed on the Cozumel swim.

Ā 

We changed our mind and are doing it at another port.

Ā 

But yes virtually all the other locations list the kids price and right next to it a height requirement of 3'11" I don't know if it doesn't apply in Cozumel. I emailed them to ask.

I just called and they said this offer was not good for cruise ship passengers. You had to be staying in a hotel.

Ā 

Bummer

Ā 

Ā 

Did they ask you what cruise ship? Because that would be the reason why. They have a contract with CARNIVAL and won't allow booking with them if you say that you are coming in on Carnival. All other cruise ships can book. ;)

I have been debating this deal for our March cruise and it is just too good to pass up! I am going to call tomorrow but my only concern is it says "children under 10 swim free" and my kids are 8 & 10. How tough do you think they are on the age? My daughter is a small 10 year old?šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app