New to Azamara

Trend

Bathrobes are supplied in the staterooms & also in the spa. Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel,body lotion, soap, cotton balls, cotton buds & tissues are provided in the stateroom & replenished as required. Whilst the shampoo & conditioner isn't to everyone's liking. I used it, but was happy for a change after 30 days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

In a suite they say you can use specialty resteraunts do you need to book this for each night at the beginning of the two week cruise. I understand when paying up charge but as a suite passenger do you need this pre booking?

Any other perks I should be aware of for suite members, I know something about the spa pool area not sure what it is any help would be appreciated.

Specialty restaurants only have seating for about 100 max, I would guess, so popular times are most sought after, especially on sea days. Make sure you find out when the Azamazing evening, the White Night party and the staff farewell (usually the last sea day) & book around these, if this is important to you. Sometimes you meet people & you want to change your bookings so you can share a table, they were very accommodating of our change requests. The pre booking depends on how flexible or not you are, eg the time that you eat.

If you are in a suite you do have dinner with the Captain or a senior officer at some stage, but this also happens to stateroom guests, so not sure of the criteria. The spa facilities: ie the Thessaloniki spa pool and forward deck on deck 10, are complimentary for suite guests. A nice quiet area with lounges & chairs, that isn't as crowded/ hectic as the pool deck - usually. You can ring to the pool bar &/or grill and order food & drinks to be served to you in this area, as waiters are infrequent. Other guests have to pay for the priviledge of using this area. The services of the spa ( manicures, massages, etc) are not included with these complimentary privledges.

Hope this helps,

Karyn

The spa facilities: ie the Thessaloniki spa pool and forward deck on deck 10, are complimentary for suite guests. A nice quiet area with lounges & chairs, that isn't as crowded/ hectic as the pool deck - usually.

Do you mean Thalassotherapy pool?

If you are in a suite you do have dinner with the Captain or a senior officer at some stage, but this also happens to stateroom guests, so not sure of the criteria.

We were in a Club Continent Suite for both of our cruises and were not invited to dinner with the Captain or a Senior Officer. I don't think that is a perk for all suites.

We were in a Club Continent Suite for both of our cruises and were not invited to dinner with the Captain or a Senior Officer. I don't think that is a perk for all suites.

It isn't. The big suites--at least some of them, and maybe all in a longer cruise--are invited to a "Best of the Best" dinner served in the library with the captain and other senior officers. The executive chef explains each course and the head sommelier discusses the paired wines. Guests are served each course simultaneously by a dedicated server. It's a very nice experience.

Senior officers also host tables during the cruise, and there doesn't appear to be a specific formula for determining who is invited. My guess is it's some combination of accommodation level, number of Azamara cruises, and familiarity with one or more senior officers--and I'm guessing the hotel director has the most prominent role in choosing invitees.