Flight time out of Baltimore at 11am?

crazycruzer68

Without any info on where you are flying to catch the cruise and how long the flight is, no one can say.

I highly discourage it though. Many people fly into the port they are sailing out from the day before.

Flights can be delayed due to weather, mechanical problems, etc. if you don't make it to the boat before they stop boarding (I've been reading its at least 90 minutes before departure), the boat will leave without you with no refund from carnival.

Only trip insurance can help you then. You'll then have to either miss the cruise or book another flight to rush down to your 1st port of call on the cruise itinerary.

Why risk it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You mean your return flight? I wouldn't do it if the Pride docks late this coming year like it did last year. We were on in Sept. and even with zone 1 tags, we weren't off the ship until around 11. I think our meeting time to debark was 9.

No. Pride docks close to 8:30 and most people do

Self assist. You get called off by deck

We were in deck 6 got called at 10:30

No way could you be at the airport by 9:30 for s 11 flight

Sorry here's some more info, we are flying in a day early. The flight home is what I am referring too. Leaving the ship using self assist, is 11:05 too early to book our flight home?

I have been on the pride out of Baltimore 4 times... the earliest that it docked was 8:45am... the earliest doing self assist that I was at my car to leave was 10:15am... that was only once.... normally it was after 10:30am... you would have to be very lucky to make a flight that early out of Baltimore..

Is that possible if we do self assist?

One more thing, in looking at the schedule for the Pride, its not scheduled to dock until 9am.... If they are on time, the first people off the ship will not be until at least 9:30am... so, its seems almost impossible for you to make a 11am flight..

Another thing to keep in mind is that BWI (Baltimore) airport is stricter on security than many other airports around the country. So while I feel comfortable cutting my arrival time before my flight to 90 minutes in some airports. I never would be less then 2 hours before my flight time out of Baltimore.

I didn't realize that the pride docked so late, I am used to waking up and being in port. Last cruise we had to be out of our cabins by 8:45. It will be nice to not have to get off running. Thanks everyone

You still have to be out of your cabins by 8:30am... If you are doing self assist you have to carry your luggage with you to some other area of the ship and wait to be called..

Is that possible if we do self assist?

CrazyCruzer68,

Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

We sailed Pride in April and skipped our last port in order to arrive back in port on time and it was still after 8:30 before we tied off and it was 10:00 before we made it to our vehicle. I don't know where the airport is in relation to the port, but I doubt we'd have made it on board flights if they were at 11:00.

In many other ports you could make it, but in Baltimore it would be the rare exception that you would be able to make an 11:00 flight. Personally I wouldn't chance it in any port, but that's more related to maintaining relaxation than logistics. ;)

I personally wouldn't book any flight before 1:00. I've been on the Pride twice and disembarkation is awful. I've flown out of BWI well over 100 times, and the security lines are the worst I have ever seen. I'm assuming the ship is coming in on Sunday, but if it's a weekday, traffic can be miserable. Everyone around here works for the federal government, and they basically just get to work whenever they please.