Arriving late in Miami, cruising out of Ft Lauderdale

RickT

We're scheduled to fly into Miami the night before our cruise out of Ft Lauderdale (11 PM). Any suggestions on whether it's better to stay in Miami or head to Ft Lauderdale?

Looks like there are no shuttle/trains at that hour so transport to Ft Lauderdale would have to be by cab or car rental.

doing the oposite finishing cruise in Miami (maybe) and flying out of Ft lauderdale. How long dose it take to get from Port to Air Port? How much dose it cost vis shuttle/taxi?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Rick - we just did that for our cruise a month ago. We researched all the options, and ended up just taking a taxi from MIA to our hotel in FLL. It took about 35-40 minutes on a Friday night, and cost about $70 with tip. At least we were already there when we woke up on Saturday morning and we just had a short cab ride to the pier. We considered Tri-rail (not running that late), or renting a car, but there's not much of a savings plus you have to return it the next day before boarding the ship. It might be worth it if you stayed at a hotel that has a rental car return on site, such as the Marriott Resort (the one on the beach, not the one on the 17th street causeway).

We have used Alamo in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I am not sure how late the Miami site is open until at night but it is not too far from the airport. It may even be open all night.In Fort Lauderdale Alamo is not too far from the port and the shuttle will drop you off at the ship.

Looking at my choices I'll either stay near the Miami Airport on Thursday night and take the Tri-Rail to Fort Lauderdale on Friday morning. My other choice will be to rent a car on Thursday night and drive to Fort Lauderdale. I guess I'll figure it out as I get closer.

Archived