Changing cabin after final payment?

happyscmom

We are 3 weeks from sailing. I saw a coveted cabin in our booked category open up. I called our TA and asked to be switched. She couldn't do it electronically and had to call Celebrity. Within 5 minutes we received our new confirmation with all our original perks. No problem.

Thanks for all the replies. We are on the summit 3 /14 /15. I'm very excited about the stops as most will be new adventures for us. I guess we will be Ok, I'm just not a cruise person but I went a few years back just with my kids and it was a great family vacation. We went on carnival and had an outside window. I thought the rooms were nice size and it was ok for what it was so I thought Celebrity would be a little more my style. Unfortunately my husband is not joining us but he lived for 27 years in Antigua and he's adjusting to his move to the states plus he's been everywhere so not such a big deal to him. I'm sure it will be an amazing time!
Robin, I highly recommend you check fares for your sailing occasionally and if you see an oceanview for just a little more than what you already paid, take advantage of that to get yourself a window! For example, the current oceanview guarantee for your sailing is $649 pp. What did you pay for your current inside guarantee?

It wasn't very much. I think I paid 499. What is a coveted room? I booked with vacations to go. It was an impulse buy and a surprise holiday gift for my kids. Like I said, I'm not too familiar with cruising but I'm a helpful resource with the ins and outs on islands such as Antigua and Anguilla if anyone needs help there!

It wasn't very much. I think I paid 499. What is a coveted room? I booked with vacations to go. It was an impulse buy and a surprise holiday gift for my kids. Like I said, I'm not too familiar with cruising but I'm a helpful resource with the ins and outs on islands such as Antigua and Anguilla if anyone needs help there!

Just how familiar are you with Antigua?

Last time we went to Darkwood Beach - which was beautiful and quiet but the loungers were in pretty bad shape and the place was very basic.

We're thinking of going to Jolly Beach this time (NOT the resort, just the beach).

I'm afraid it will be noisy and busy.

We like quiet.

Any recommendations?

As far as your cabin - "coveted" cabins are in really good locations or can be slightly larger than the average.

(Or in the case of balcony cabins - some have larger balconies)

You need to get a floor plan of the ship (available on Celebrity's website) and check what is above and below you. You don't want to be over or under loud public areas or kitchens.

Your kids won't care where you are - I say that from experience. They'll sleep well no matter what - it's you that may be affected by noise.

Edited by chamima

To the OP: your 15 year old will pay the 3rd person in the room rate, but not because of his age. Even little kids do not get a price break just because of their age. If you were traveling with one son, regardless of age, he would pay the same price you are paying.

:)I'm having a difficult time seeing what's above us. Doesn't look like much I think. I'm sure it will be ok. I was able to get a refund and ship board credit when it did drop in price over New Years so I know it was a fair price. Not much to complain about. If it's awful when I get there I can always see what's available and change if the ships not full. It's only a week in my life and the ports are amazing. Some good wine, lots of sun and I'll be very happy!😃. Can't wait!!!

:)I'm having a difficult time seeing what's above us. Doesn't look like much I think. I'm sure it will be ok. I was able to get a refund and ship board credit when it did drop in price over New Years so I know it was a fair price. Not much to complain about. If it's awful when I get there I can always see what's available and change if the ships not full. It's only a week in my life and the ports are amazing. Some good wine, lots of sun and I'll be very happy!. Can't wait!!!

I wouldn't count on seeing what may be available once you're onboard. It rarely happens that there is an empty stateroom.

I'd either upgrade your stateroom to a window or better, or see about getting a second Inside stateroom if prices fall some more. You would have to pay for a second person in that stateroom (even if there is only one booked in there), but it still may be worth doing to get a little more room.

A little trick for windowless staterooms. When you go to bed at night, turn your TV to the bridge cam station. It should be dark. Turn the sound off (sometimes there is music playing.) When it starts getting light outside the next morning, your TV will glow and you will know it is morning. :D

Have fun with your sons. I am taking my adult daughters on a cruise in March. :)

Edited by Iamthesea