Oasis before and after drydock cruisers

Jimmers

We haven't been on the Oasis since it was remodeled for DD and would be interested in knowing how previous Oasis/Alure cruisers feel about the structural changes.

Does the dining room still have a spacious feel with views of the ocean or is it cut with partitions, dividers and such. I know the Viking Lounge is gone but is there still any public seating area there where one could relax and view the pool area.

And being an early riser who has to have his morning coffee fix, is the Promenade Cafe still open all night? It closed at 3am on the Quantum:(

Thanks,

Jim

Dining room was only mildly redecorated. There are no partitions or dividers that were not there before. They didn't split any levels into two separate areas or anything like that. Still three levels open in the middle to each other, still window seats, etc. Just mild decor changes on each level.

Other then the Viking Crown being turned to suites and suite only space, there is minimal changes to the ship. Unless you frequented that spot (and let's face it, few did or they wouldn't have changed it), you won't notice any changes overall, except minor decor in dining rooms, Sabor instead of Seafood Shack, and a few shops. The only other "major"change is the new suites aft on 11, 12 and 14 instead of the open balcony, and again, let's face it, except for a few people at sail away and a very, very few during the week, it was wasted space.

She's still an amazing ship and we look forward to our next sailing on her soon.

WHAT the donut shop is gone? Man they got rid of everything good. Should have booked Allure! No Viking, no secret balcony, now no donuts...sucks! and they put CAT 80% of people hate. MTD disasters! And it seems like a a bad luck magnet, seems like it returns to dock every other week. Wish I would have seen her in her glory days. Need to stop reading this board, ignorance would have been bliss. :D

WHAT the donut shop is gone? Man they got rid of everything good. Should have booked Allure! No Viking, no secret balcony, now no donuts...sucks! and they put CAT 80% of people hate. MTD disasters! And it seems like a a bad luck magnet, seems like it returns to dock every other week. Wish I would have seen her in her glory days. Need to stop reading this board, ignorance would have been bliss. :D

:) Couldn't picture where the balconies Reedprincess referred to were but after you put a name to them (secret balconies) I found a youtube vid showing exactly where they were.

Not sure I ever found them when I was on the ship:( but it looks like it would've been a nice place to hang out. Our favorite place was on deck five aft, hope that's still there:D

Probably won't miss the Viking too much but it was good for a place to hide out for a quiet drink. I was glad to hear they didn't jack up the Dining Room too much.

Thanks all