Cheers drink package

shanet60

Is there a daily limit on this? if so is it per person or per stateroom, also we have a 5 year old will I have to buy her one as well?
Each adult in a cabin that is 21 must buy the program. You get up to 15 alcoholic drinks per person and an unlimited amount of soda and non alcoholic drinks like virgin pina coladas. You can choose any drink on the menu under 10.00. There are many different threads on here about the program. Edited by SNJCruisers

No you do not have to buy for your child...

its only for the adults in your cabin. I did the cheers and I loved it. There is no way you can drink 15 drinks in one day. :D

I can drink 15 beers easy ...I wish they had a beer package.. It almost isn't worth it if you drink beer

I can drink 15 beers easy ...I wish they had a beer package.. It almost isn't worth it if you drink beer

if you drink 15 beers... its well worth it. there is a chart that someone created and I think 7 or 8 beers in the break even point

if you drink 15 beers... its well worth it. there is a chart that someone created and I think 7 or 8 beers in the break even point

I agree its worth it , If you drink 15 beers a day with Cheers you will save lots of cash compared to buying 15 beers at ship cost individually .

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I agree its worth it , If you drink 15 beers a day with Cheers you will save lots of cash compared to buying 15 beers at ship cost individually .

Yeah but only problem is like port days I wouldn't.. I wouldn't do it everyday so it wouldn't be worth it

Yeah but only problem is like port days I wouldn't.. I wouldn't do it everyday so it wouldn't be worth it

if you drink ON AVERAGE 7 or 8 beers a day, then it would be worth it.

if its a 7 day cruise and you have 3 sea days, that's 45 beers. you only need to drink 11 beers in total for the other 4 days (in port) to break even. can you drink 3 beers each day on port days?

Edited by hftmrock

if you drink ON AVERAGE 7 or 8 beers a day, then it would be worth it.

if its a 7 day cruise and you have 3 sea days, that's 45 beers. you only need to drink 11 beers in total for the other 4 days (in port) to break even. can you drink 3 beers each day on port days?

I sure can :beer:

John heald did his quick questions today and one was will you purchase cheers on your next cruise. It was about 10 to 1 no. (If not more) I thought that was interesting.

I thought so too! Seemed like many that gave explanations said "no" because their cabin-mate didn't drink or because they didn't drink enough to justify the cost. DH and I just had a conversation about it, actually. I am surprised how many people said no.

John heald did his quick questions today and one was will you purchase cheers on your next cruise. It was about 10 to 1 no. (If not more) I thought that was interesting.

I saw that it, and it was pretty obvious the no's to yes. Some stated the cost increase, whenever that happened Some cost all toghether. Some mentioned one drinker/one non-drinker in the cabin.

My biggest concern is the port days. Even with mixed drinks, when you are at port break even is tough. My wife and I are leaning towards yes, but I am really worried about drinking excess just to make sure we make our quota to break even or beat the cheers game. To me, if you think you are going to break even, you are going to have to say now, and gamble that you will come in under.

Edit: some complained about the 15 drink max, which I agree with. While port days, no way I drink 15, but sea days, i could pull that off pretty easy without being intoxicated.

Edited by ccartman2

Edit: some complained about the 15 drink max, which I agree with. While port days, no way I drink 15, but sea days, i could pull that off pretty easy without being intoxicated.

you realize that you don't have to purchase 15 drinks each day to make it worth it. depending on what you drink you can average 5 drinks a day and break even.

so if you drink 15 drinks on sea days, you probably only need to drink about 3 drinks on port days to make it worth it

I was lucky enough to catch the cost reduction to $37.50/day on a cruise on the Magic out of Galveston in 2014. That was great, and even though we split up our booking with the kids so one could buy the package and the other not, we both ended up buying the package. That was well worth it for us, and I bet Carnival still made plenty off us. I think they would do better, if they cut the cost a little to sell more packages. We never got to 15, but hit 12 and 13 on the sea days.

No you do not have to buy for your child...

its only for the adults in your cabin. I did the cheers and I loved it. There is no way you can drink 15 drinks in one day. :D

I did it....one day only, but I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you can buy the Cheers program on sail away day or the next day. My question is, if you buy it the next day, is it one day cheaper??

ie: (to make it easy we'll say it's $50/day) We are going on a 5 day cruise. If we buy on sail away day, it would be $250. If we decided to buy the next day, would it then only be $200??

Yes its one day cheaper. My issue with cheers is it made me drink every night to get my moneys worth. My body hated me. Last cruise I didn't get it and drank every other night and was much better.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Like to see ya drink 15 Fosters Oil Cans....equivalent of 29 12 oz beers.....to break even you need to drink 7 fosters, 9 16 oz domestic bottles or import draft pints or 10 12 oz import bottles. That would still give you 8, 6 or 5 extra to consume.

My biggest concern is the port days. Even with mixed drinks, when you are at port break even is tough.

On a port day, if you get back on the ship at 500 PM and you crash at Midnight, that still gives you seven hours to drink. If you had 1 drink per hour, you would need to spend an average of 7.25 on each drink to be ahead of the game. You would also only need to drink 5 upgraded drinks at the Alchemy bar to break even. Also, if you're a shot and a beer person..... 4 beers and 4 shots over 7 hours, you're even and that's very doable. And these numbers can be stretched out even further if you stay up till 2 or 3 am, making it that much easier to achieve the break even point on a port day.

Yeah if this could be purchased on a day by day basis (such as for sea days) and per person, I would consider this. DH doesn't drink. It's not worth it for us.
The pick and choose your days option will never come to fruition on any cruise line because they are in it to make money. But, you can sail on Royal or Celebrity and their drink packages are available to individuals to purchase because they do not have the everyone must purchase that is over 21 rule.

Celebrity even has a very popular promotion that has been in existence for the better part of two years that includes a free drinks package with an OV or better cabin. It has become so popular that Norwegian has copied it.

On a port day, if you get back on the ship at 500 PM and you crash at Midnight, that still gives you seven hours to drink. If you had 1 drink per hour, you would need to spend an average of 7.25 on each drink to be ahead of the game.

I like you logic! I also like to get up for breakfast everyday. Nothing wrong with getting a Bloody Mary or something before you get off the ship; just makes it even easier to hit the break even point!

Like you pointed out, there are many ways to get there, even on a port day. On top of that, it is very convenient to try new things and just toss them if they end up not being to your liking.