Carnival rank most improved U.S. Brand in YouGov Brand Index

jimbo5544

Carnival Cruise Line has been ranked as the most improved U.S. brand in consumer perception for the past year in YouGov’s BrandIndex Buzz Rankings Report, which evaluates consumer perceptions of companies across multiple categories.

Who had that distinction according to this government report sourced by the OP?

They do not list "least". Interesting reading some of the posts that have negative things to say about anything (read that as everything) positive on Carnival.

Here is the link to where I found the data.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12124-carnival-cruise-line-number-one-improver-among-all-us-brands-over-past-year-.html

They do not list "least". Interesting reading some of the posts that have negative things to say about anything (read that as everything) positive on Carnival.

For me, I said I still enjoy my cruises on Carnival. But I'm a realist and don't cheer for every scrap of info coming down the pike from odd sources like the U.K.'s YouGov :)

Did it say entertainment?

It said: Carnival’s brand recovery has been supported by a number of new onboard family and entertainment programs and consumer initiatives.

Sounds like the improvement was due in part to the Hasbro game, playlist productions, and Suess at sea.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

It said: Carnival’s brand recovery has been supported by a number of new onboard family and entertainment programs and consumer initiatives.

Sounds like the improvement was due in part to the Hasbro game, playlist productions, and Suess at sea.

Bill

Agreed. Carnival keeps adding this element to their fleet, so obviously they see it as a plus even if many on this board don't.

The brand went through alot of bad press with the Triumph nightmare. I'm happy with any positive news for them. Don't see what's wrong with that.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

For me, I said I still enjoy my cruises on Carnival. But I'm a realist and don't cheer for every scrap of info coming down the pike from odd sources like the U.K.'s YouGov :)

Did not have to "dig" for anything. Listed in one of the two respected cruise industry related sites. Simply another positive note, no more, no less.

Edited by jimbo5544

Bill

Cant imagine that too many experienced cruisers think that hasbro and playlist are an improvement over the previous production shows.

Cant imagine that too many experienced cruisers think that hasbro and playlist are an improvement over the previous production shows.

On this we can agree. I haven't cruised on Carnival for awhile but almost pulled the trigger on the Conquest for the end of April until the ad my wife received proved to not be very truthful so we went with Princess.

It's all under the CCL Corp umbrella so it shouldn't matter to them.

Bill

On this we can agree. I haven't cruised on Carnival for awhile but almost pulled the trigger on the Conquest for the end of April until the ad my wife received proved to not be very truthful so we went with Princess.

Bill

We did our first Princess this past May and overall thought entertainment much better than Carnival. Doing our second later this year to confirm that opinion.

Will still cruise with Carnival and do enjoy being Diamond but entertainment sure could use improvement.

From your perspective exactly what has improved on Carnival in the past year???

Perception wise, lots of things. Their bookings are way up, lots of new things have been announced and received well (except by some of the few here). They have announced new longer and one way cruises. Icna go on and on if you want.;) The point is they are in a significantly better position than they were a while back. According the link I provided, the public agrees with that.

Bill

Some day soon you and I will cruise on a Carnival ship together. BTW, "pulling the trigger" is not a phrase I would throw out there these days either.;)