Carnival rank most improved U.S. Brand in YouGov Brand Index

jimbo5544

Google any period after the Concordia incident.

Here's a top one.

http://standingpartnership.com/blog/entry/carnivals_still-sinking_ship_lessons_in_crisis_management

By the way, if your best reference is a blog site, it speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just sailed the Breeze and it was noticeably smoke free.

Not on our Pride cruise. Smoking on the balcony directly below us, directly to the left of us and a few more on lower decks.

Actually, the dirty secret is they are all still smoking. There's pages of people dedicated to talking about it.

Please say that it isn't so! :rolleyes:

I'm sure that they are still smoking, but what I'm referring to is the "massive exodus of smokers that would put Carnival in a dire financial situation" that never materialized. All of those cruisers that said that they would now sail on other cruise lines or just quit cruising altogether and go to all inclusives never left, and if they did, they were quickly replaced by other cruisers.

Bottom line is that smokers discontent didn't even place the smallest dent in Carnival's pocketbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please say that it isn't so! :rolleyes:

I'm sure that they are still smoking, but what I'm referring to is the "massive exodus of smokers that would put Carnival in a dire financial situation" that never materialized. All of those cruisers that said that they would now sail on other cruise lines or just quit cruising altogether and go to all inclusives never left, and if they did, they were quickly replaced by other cruisers.

Bottom line is that smokers discontent didn't even place the smallest dent in Carnival's pocketbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree, but reading about it here at the time you would have thought it the end of the world.

Shows have always been a major part of why we like to go cruising and why would you think the shows are not part of the entertaiment?

Unfortunately in the past few years Carnival has lost quite a few good piano bar entertainers and the last few we have seen dont seem to have read the manual on engaging the patrons sitting at the bar.

Will be on the Conquest next weekend and people say he is a good one. We sure hope so.

Never said shows weren't entertainment. They are just a small part of the entertainment. So if someone doesn't like the shows in their current format then they should say they don't like the shows, not that the entertainment (which is all encompassing) is bad. Overall, the entertainment is good based on all of they types of entertainment on board.

It really would be nice is people took the time to read and comprehend posts here. I said shows were a "small" part of entertainment. Many other things comprise "entertainment" on board. And personally, AAA would be the last place I would go to get info on cruise shows.

Where in the below did you say shows were a "smal part of entertainment?" All I see is where you said shows aren't considered part of the overall entertainment. The first mention is where you attempt to retract the statement at 10:33pm.

I'm not a Carnival Cheerleader but people seem to be using the word "entertainment" when they should be using the word "shows". I'll agree, I don't care much for the shows on Carnival but I don't care much for the shows on other cruise lines as well. That being said, the comedy shows are usually good, I always enjoy the piano player, and have fun at the trivia games and those are part of the entertainment as well so overall, I'd say the entertainment is good on Carnival, just the shows need some work.
Edited by Pixelate

Actually, the dirty secret is they are all still smoking. There's pages of people dedicated to talking about it.

Just like people are still smuggling even though that's against the rules as well. Do you believe it's okay for alcoholics to break the rules but not smokers? :rolleyes:

Never said shows weren't entertainment. They are just a small part of the entertainment. So if someone doesn't like the shows in their current format then they should say they don't like the shows, not that the entertainment (which is all encompassing) is bad. Overall, the entertainment is good based on all of they types of entertainment on board.

A small part? Hardly. Have to believe the production shows including the band made up at least 50% of the entertainment budget for a cruise ship. And probably much higher than 50%.

A small part? Hardly. Have to believe the production shows including the band made up at least 50% of the entertainment budget for a cruise ship. And probably much higher than 50%.

Remember, we were told Playlist costs Carnival much more than the old shows by none other than John Heald. Not only that, how expensive can trivia cost them? Only $4 plus a small portion of the automatic gratuities? Love and Marriage only costs labor and slight A/V. Game Show Mania, Carnival Legends, Hasbro... Then the comedy shows are part of entertainment. The list can go on and on, but if shows weren't important, they wouldn't market/advertise them or partner up with recognized names.

Edited by Pixelate

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. Come back with some proof and we can chit chat about the amount of budget that goes to what. But a lot of people don't look at the cost, but the instances of an item and in that aspect, there are only about 8 or so shows on a week long cruise (counting 2 a day on the days they have them) and there are many more instances of other types of entertainment going on. So yes, shows are but a small part of the entertainment package.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. Come back with some proof and we can chit chat about the amount of budget that goes to what. But a lot of people don't look at the cost, but the instances of an item and in that aspect, there are only about 8 or so shows on a week long cruise (counting 2 a day on the days they have them) and there are many more instances of other types of entertainment going on. So yes, shows are but a small part of the entertainment package.

Count the number of people involved with putting on a production show including dancers and singers, stagehands, lighting and once upon a time musicians and it is rather obvious to many that production shows are a major portion of entertainment budget.

BTW once upon a time the main lounge was filled for the shos and you had to be there a good half hour before to get decent seats. Now 5 minutes before you can get center seats 5-6 rows from stage.

So again where is the IMPROVEMENT in Carnival entertainment. Seems like most of it is same old same old.

Count the number of people involved with putting on a production show including dancers and singers, stagehands, lighting and once upon a time musicians and it is rather obvious to many that production shows are a major portion of entertainment budget.

BTW once upon a time the main lounge was filled for the shos and you had to be there a good half hour before to get decent seats. Now 5 minutes before you can get center seats 5-6 rows from stage.

So again where is the IMPROVEMENT in Carnival entertainment. Seems like most of it is same old same old.

You only need to read back in the thread, there are many types of entertainment, not just the shows (and by the way there are posts here of people enjoying those). Cruising is evolving, industry wide. I have never focused on the the main showroom shows. Much more of the small bands throughout the ship, the comedy shows are packed for each show. I can go on and on, but you will keep coming back to your perception.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So cruise somewhere else where you believe the shows are better. Problem solved unless you're hung up on the loyalty program thingy.

On this we can agree. I haven't cruised on Carnival for awhile but almost pulled the trigger on the Conquest for the end of April until the ad my wife received proved to not be very truthful so we went with Princess.

It's all under the CCL Corp umbrella so it shouldn't matter to them.

Bill

Which trip? We head out on the Caribbean on 4/18.

Most improved just means they had to claw their way back up. I still enjoy my Carnival cruises but "most improved" isn't something to brag about.

That's the way I read it. Consumer confidence, once sparked by the Concordia, and then reinforced brand specific by the Triumph, the Dream, the discovery of failed redundant safety systems, a couple of more minor ship issues, the Sunshine sabotage, and its failed "maiden" voyage sailings, the Triumph coming back into service and not only failing inspection, but seized by the Coast Guard had this brand and it's executives heads reeling.

I'm surprised it took so long to get rid of Cahill.

Edited by MCFTJCH2V

Wasn't major in my news circles. And most people, when posting such info usually include something to back up their claim instead of making people go look for it. To me, if someone isn't interested enough to post a news source to back up their claim I'm not interested enough to go look for it. :cool:

This was a real thing. Dry Dock Dave was reporting live from the shipyard in Monfalcone as it was happening. If you don't think Dry Dock Dave's report is genuine, perhaps the confirmation by former CEO Gerry Cahill would suffice.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Carnival-Sunshine-was-set-back-by-vandalism-reveals-CEO/

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=5442

Carnival Cruise Line has been ranked as the most improved U.S. brand in consumer perception for the past year in YouGov’s BrandIndex Buzz Rankings Report, which evaluates consumer perceptions of companies across multiple categories.

I've only cruised RCCL, but recently saw a Carnival video that highlighted the food served. It looked really good compared to the other lines I've viewed.

I haven't booked any cruises this year, but when I do I will consider Carnival.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

This was a real thing. Dry Dock Dave was reporting live from the shipyard in Monfalcone as it was happening. If you don't think Dry Dock Dave's report is genuine, perhaps the confirmation by former CEO Gerry Cahill would suffice.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Carnival-Sunshine-was-set-back-by-vandalism-reveals-CEO/

Took Cahill that long to admit it had happened. I got the impression they were trying to squash the story. The story about the incident came out in April if my memory is correct.

EDIT: I see there's a nice long thread right here on Cruise Critic.

Edited by MCFTJCH2V

I did not state whether or not it was a real thing (there's that reading comprehension issue again). I stated that I was not going to do the work of another poster. If someone wishes to make a claim, if they want any credibility they need to provide source documentation for said claim. You did provide that documentation (though the word sabotage was never used in the story.......it was vandalism probably because intent to damage Carnival instead of creating mischief could not be determined) so thank you.

quote=jimbo5544;45277071]They do not list "least". Interesting reading some of the posts that have negative things to say about anything (read that as everything) positive on Carnival.

Here is the link to where I found the data.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12124-carnival-cruise-line-number-one-improver-among-all-us-brands-over-past-year-.html

I can not believe that you are saying they are Improved from What????? Do you even know what this Survey is for? I can tell buy your love of Carnival that if they said that the toilet Paper was the best on Carnival you would try and spin it across these boards. Did you read how they score this? lets try Media Sweeps week. They Never tell you how many people they asked or where in the US the people they asked were.

OK I put on 2 Weeks of Commercials in a Market I know is going to be surveyed about "Brands". Wow I'm up -11.3 % from last year. For What?

Here is the Method they use you be the Judge.

Methodology:

These brands were rated using YouGov Brand Index’s Buzz score which asks respondents, “If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?”

The Buzz Rankings chart shows the brands with the highest average Buzz scores between January and December 2014. The Buzz Improvers chart ranks the brands with the highest increase in Buzz comparing calendar years 2013 and 2014. Both scores are representative of the general population.

All Buzz scores listed have been rounded to a single decimal place, however, we have used additional precision to assign ranks.