Regent vs Oceania

forevertravel

Hahmbagahle, On Oceania they are always there to offer to carry my plate. Of course, I prefer to carry my own unless there is a lot of ship movement and I am carrying soup. ;) They are johnnie on the spot.

Just got off the Voyager, and they were the same way. There are plenty of folks who worked Oceania who are now with Regent. They are all alike. They recognize what your preference is pretty quickly.

My hats off to both the lines.

Our experience with crew members that switch cruise lines is different. Our experience with officers that move from Oceania to Regent is extremely different. The culture on Oceania and Regent is not the same. The interaction between the officers and the guests is not the same. While I do not expect everyone to agree with me, we have had discussions with officers that have switched cruise lines and they agreed with us. Some Oceania officers prefer things on Oceania while other prefer Regent (and have even asked to transfer to Regent on a more permanent basis).

• 4 weeks later...
My experience with Oceania was very different. And I shall be sailing on Oceania again in April, trans-Atlantic. I do hope that the food standards have not gone down because my recollections are that the food in all restaurants (except Toscana) was far superior to any meals I had had on Regent. And I was not at all unhappy with Regent's food... in fact I thought it was very good and sometimes excellent. If the food on Oceania is as forevertravel indicates I shall not be happy at all... But then TravelCat2 was on Riviera in December (I think) and she reported the food to be just great. So I live in hope!

So - more news later.

I agree with you. My experience is that the food on Oceania is far superior to that on Regent, and we too are sailing trans-atlantic on Riviera in April. It will be interesting to see whether the standards have slipped after the takeover by NCL.

I agree with you. My experience is that the food on Oceania is far superior to that on Regent, and we too are sailing trans-atlantic on Riviera in April. It will be interesting to see whether the standards have slipped after the takeover by NCL.

Remember that Frank Del Rio is the CEO of NCL and the majority of the Board of Directors are from Apollo. IMO they would never let the standards slip.