Would like to carry on DIET TONIC, leave at bar, to be used for gin and tonic..

FlorenceItaly

I'm pretty sure it would violate some sort of health department/legal issue to have employees serve you anything that Carnival didn't maintain control of from the get-go. DH is a gin and diet-tonic drinker as well, and we do the Bon Voyage thing and bring tonic. We use our Tervis cups whenever possible, but for those times that he doesn't want to be bothered he has to go with the full calorie version. Fortunately, I prefer rum and diet sprite, so I'm good to go wherever, lol!

Not to hijack this thread, but Carnival ships have diet sprite at the bars? I like a Grey Goose and diet sprite but I usually end up ordering regular spirite.

Is this a possibility, I wonder? Yes, I am a calorie counter, and prefer diet tonic. Very few bars offer diet tonic.

They most likely wouldn't do it. It would be a health code violation. I worked as a bartender and I'm familiar with standard health codes.

Most bars on the ships have many random 12 oz. cans of varied products for special drinks. These are supplements to what does and doesn't come out of their gun.Are you absolutely positive they don't have diet tonic?

Edited by Jim and Monika

They most likely wouldn't do it. It would be a health code violation. I worked as a bartender and I'm familiar with standard health codes.

I'd bet for a big enough tip, they would do about anything. Problem is, what happens when that particular bartender is not there? And what happens if something happens to the bottle? Personally, I'd do one of the options already presented here.

1. Ask if they have it, as it's possible they do.

2. Carry my diet tonic and:

A. order gin on the rocks and mix

b. Order a shot and add my own.

3. Order a bottle from bon voyage and mix my own. You could even mix a big one in a tumbler and just pour it in a glass when ready.

not gin and tonic but try getting a bloody mary made with just tomato juice:eek: Even in some restaurants you're only choice is their bloody Mary mix...which is usually too spicy/salty for me...

What we do is just order a bottle of vodka for the cabin...and carry on our low sodium V8...along with a small bottle of tabasco and Worcestershire sauce....have done this many times....sometimes you can get a bloody Mary just TJ and Tabasco with the vodka..but I have had a hard time getting them to understand what I want...

I have a good friend that drinks gin or vodka diet tonics. I prefer diet tonic. My friend brings on bottles of diet tonic and puts some in a water bottle. He then orders vodka or gin on the rocks with a lime and adds his own tonic from the water bottle. Very easy to do and what I will do in a few weeks when we take our next cruise.

What is the difference between Tonic and Diet Tonic? Assuming we are talking about water here. If you are referring to soda or pop as Tonic then that's something entirely different. Not being snarky just not Tonic Educated.

Diet tonic water is made with a sugar substitute. Tonic water is more than carbonated water. It gets its bitter taste from the quinine it contains.

No they are not referring to pop as "tonic."

Edited by sanmarcosman

This is also an option. Thank you. Typically, while out in the evening we do like to order from the bars and lounges on ship. We cruised last month, and I came home with a few extra pounds, so this is what led me to start thinking about our next cruise, next month and what I can do better.

lol...I just thought it was part of the experience :)

it is the small things that can make the difference though. maybe take a long stroll out on deck in the evenings or something....

Perhaps you could buy cans of diet tonic. Then when you wanted a drink you could bring one to the bartender and ask them to make your drink with that. Same result but without the storage issue. You coukd even keep a couple of the cans with you by the pool in a bucket of ice.

We like to have drinks on our balcony at night. We frequently order a bottle of gin from BV, carry on a couple of plastic bottles of tonic water and limes and a small cooler for extra ice and make our own G&Ts. We've never had a problem with bringing limes onboard the ship. You just can't take them off.