Best drinks from the Alchemy Bar

nicwoodard

I have been to one and had a drink or two. They were great! What I want to know are your favorites or any off the menu specialties you had. I am getting on The Triumph in 3 weeks...planning ahead.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been to one and had a drink or two. They were great! What I want to know are your favorites or any off the menu specialties you had. I am getting on The Triumph in 3 weeks...planning ahead.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

of all the Carnival cruises I have been on I have NEVER been to the alchemy bars .. I feel like I need to do this on my upcoming cruise

Would love to hear peoples favourites :) so I know what to order haha

My favorite drink from the Alchemy Bar was a speciality of a former mixologist, Inna. She made this drink called a B&B, and there was a beautiful story behind it. It was a strawberry and ginger martini with elderflower liquor. I have tried to duplicate it but it nevet comes out the same. Unfortunately, she is no longer with CCL, but she was amazing! I usually order off the menu the first time (Chipotle Pineapple Martini... Yum!), while I get to know the mixologists. Then, I give them free reign to make me whatever they want (within my taste preferences of course :))

Deal closer, cucumber sunrise.... And if Dzjenna is your mixologist let her have her go at it!! Anything she makes is as wonderful as she is!!! She concocted a gin drink (not on menu) with cucumber and basil and it was to die for!!

@nicwoodard,

Here is an excerpt from a review of the Freedom I posted a while back.

The Mixologist recommended a martini which was created with what was described as a”…. feisty dose of Milagro Silver Tequila, Patrón Citrónge, spicy mango purée and fresh citrus.” It was called
Fiery Tropical Passion Martini
. I took the plunge. It was absolutely delicious…. and after a few seconds, the “heat” begin to appear in my mouth. It sounds strange but it somehow enhanced the drink. Sweet, savory and cold to start with a bit of a devilish “gotcha” at the end.

I'm generally not the adventurous sort but am very glad I tried this concoction. I'd certainly order it again!

Brian

The Miracle will be the 8th once she comes out of dry dock. Will be on #18 with Carnival next week and my first with an Alchemy Bar....looking forward to it very much.

Interesting. In May we are going on the Breeze. It will be our #18 and first with an Alchemy Bar also! .....we too are looking forward to trying it out. Enjoy! :)

If any of you are familiar with Capital Grille Stoli Doli, you are in for a treat. The Alchemy had glass vats of vodka with fruit steeping in them. Only one was behind the counter in view at a time, but they had three flavours total.

Vodka & Pineapple

Vodka & Raspberries

and one with veggie:

Vodka & Cucumber

That was March 2014 with SunShine.

Nummy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Honestly, you need to order off the menu to begin with and get to know the bartenders and let them get to know you. My favorites off the menu are Cucumber Sunrise, Spicy Pineapple Chipotle Martini, 20 is the New 40, and the Deal Closer with Mailbu Coconut Rum instead of Amaretto (I'm allergic to Amaretto).

But I've had some super memorable drinks from these bar tenders. Let them know what flavors you like and they will be glad to make you something! Some of my favorites have included a gin chocolate orange martini (if Dario is still with Carnival, ask him for Mama's Cookie), an elderberry/vanilla rum/champagne drink, a spicy ginger mango drink, and a strawberry basil drink. Make an effort to get to know them. It's worth it!

The last time I cruised on carnival they had a sampler of 5 mini Martinis for $20 dollars. They would then mix them up on the bar and if you guessed what all of them were you won a prize. Do they still have this.

Alchemy had the sampler on the Triumph in Dec. My DH helped me with it as the spead is about the equivalent of 2 martinis. The mixologist suggested this because we couldn't decide. I thought this was a great value since I cannot try 5 without passing out. [emoji44] We won cute martini glass charms. I would go this route again. Alchemy bar supplied a nice snack of olives, havarty cheese, and nuts on request. Loved the experience.