Closest Car rental agency to SF Pier 27

Sandy R

I too am planning an upcoming trip...

Check out this link.....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=car+rental&sll=37.80461,-122.401484&sspn=0.006934,0.012499&near=27+Pier,+San+Francisco,+CA+94111&geocode=CcLkfz7taT6_FULaQAIdNE20-CktyJ3Y94CFgDH9vL3EL7IWbw&hq=car+rental&t=m&z=15

You can see Pier 27 is basically the same distance to two Budget locations. The Hyatt appears to be the closer choice at nearly a mile away to the East... Otherwise, a little further away to the West we have lots of choices around Fisherman's Wharf.

• 3 weeks later...

We drove up to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago to check this out. We found that the nearest car rental sites (in hotels) aren't open when we need to pick up and return our car on weekends. Hertz, Avis and Enterprise all have offices with good weekend hours at The Anchorage Square Shopping Complex at 500 Beach Street. (I think Avis and Budget may share an office there.) That is just about a mile from the cruise terminal. Whether you would want to take a cab or walk would depend on the amount of luggage you have. There is also a gas station a couple of blocks from the Beach Street site.

• 1 year later...
We drove up to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago to check this out.

Thanks for the tip. I see that there are some car rentals in the Fisherman's Wharf area. But it is not cheap. Especially for the return trip. Many of the places won't allow pickup at Fisherman's Wharf, or it is >$130/day for a full size or mini van.

Were you able to get a good deal? We may end up driving our car and parking, or taking a shuttle.

We drove up to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago to check this out. We found that the nearest car rental sites (in hotels) aren't open when we need to pick up and return our car on weekends. Hertz, Avis and Enterprise all have offices with good weekend hours at The Anchorage Square Shopping Complex at 500 Beach Street. (I think Avis and Budget may share an office there.) That is just about a mile from the cruise terminal. Whether you would want to take a cab or walk would depend on the amount of luggage you have. There is also a gas station a couple of blocks from the Beach Street site.

Two times we rented from Enterprise at 500 Beach St. They are really busy when ships are in, so rather than pick you up, they will reimburse you $8 for a taxi. You can take the F (I think it is F) streetcar which goes along the embarcadero and get off near Beach. It is also not too far to walk if you are able to walk. Both times they drove us back to the pier.

If you are going to be driving over the Bay or Golden Gate bridges, check out how to make payment.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips about the Beach St. car rental. I had called Enterprise and Budget yesterday looking into renting a car from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm of the same day. I was told that there weren't any late car drop-offs except at the airport. After reading the above post, I called Enterprise today (talked to someone different) and was told that Fisherman's Wharf has a late drop-off and was rapidly set up with my rental.

Thanks again to all the great posters on Cruise Critic for your valuable tips.

Joan