Middle East cruise clientele

Dan1113

Well, this should be interesting.

Did I miss something?

Some cruises, I see more Europeans, others more Americans, etc., some much younger people, some much older people, etc., so I was just curious. Nothing against anyone.

Are you speaking of a regular cruise in the Caribbean or a cruise in the Middle East?

A cruise in the Middle East.

We are going on one, and I am curious what parts of the world people usually come from on cruises there, and the general age.

Are you speaking of a regular cruise in the Caribbean or a cruise in the Middle East?

Since his thread title is "Middle East cruise clientele" I thought it was pretty obvious he was asking about a cruise in the Middle East which is a fair question.

I did a cruise out of Dubai a couple years ago (which was wonderful) and the majority of the pax, probably 80%, were from Europe. Vast majority were from UK, with a good amount of Germans & French. I was told there were only 150 North Americans onboard.

As I said it was a great cruise & would highly recommend it :)

A cruise in the Middle East.

We are going on one, and I am curious what parts of the world people usually come from on cruises there, and the general age.

Since his thread title is "Middle East cruise clientele" I thought it was pretty obvious he was asking about a cruise in the Middle East which is a fair question.

I did a cruise out of Dubai a couple years ago (which was wonderful) and the majority of the pax, probably 80%, were from Europe. Vast majority were from UK, with a good amount of Germans & French. I was told there were only 150 North Americans onboard.

As I said it was a great cruise & would highly recommend it :)

That's what I thought the OP was referring to. I was asking because the first two replies seemed odd, and maybe like the posters thought that the OP was referring to cruises elsewhere... :)

That's what I thought the OP was referring to. I was asking because the first two replies seemed odd, and maybe like the posters thought that the OP was referring to cruises elsewhere... :)

Agree, the first two replies were odd, maybe reading more into it than they should have :)

Whereas it's also easy to read it as "cruise clientele" being what "Middle East" is referring to. Talking about the people; the clientele on cruises. So, how many people from the Middle East go on cruises.

I didn't totally realize there were Middle Eastern cruises, so that's actually how I read it.

You're reading it as the clientele on Middle Eastern cruises.

We took a "Lands of the Bible" cruise on the Norwegian Jade in 2011 as part of an organized tour group of about 600 people (Americans). We left from Rome and went to Turkey, Cyprus, Israel (2 nights) and Egypt (Cairo & Alexandria).

There was a mixture of a lot of nationalities, but I think ours was majority Americans because of the stops in ports related to the Bible. It was truly the trip of a lifetime.

We cruised out of Dubai on the Brilliance of the Seas in Nov/Dec 2011.

Most of the passengers were from Europe and Russia. It was quite hilarious for us because while we were avoiding the sun like a plague, most passengers were out on the sun deck, making the indoor areas of the ship feel very empty.

Later, I realised that many of the passengers were escaping the harsh winter from their respective countries. The sun in Dubai and the Middle East was a welcome relief!

That's pretty much our plan too. However at 25 degrees C for an avg then, it's not quite as hot as I'd prefer, haha.

The ports of Oman and Abu Dhabi were warmer than 25 deg C then we were there, in excess of 30 deg with intense sun. I think Dubai was cooler, about 25 deg C.

If that was the Christmas cruise we were on it as well. It was our best cruise so far and our two daughters first cruise. We loved the Brilliance. Since then we have taken them on P&O but are looking forward to cruising on explorer in August. (Back to RCL)

There was a great mix of nationalities on board. Our oldest then 7 made friends with a young Itallian boy - neither understood each other but it was so cute.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
If that was the Christmas cruise we were on it as well. It was our best cruise so far and our two daughters first cruise. We loved the Brilliance. Since then we have taken them on P&O but are looking forward to cruising on explorer in August. (Back to RCL)

There was a great mix of nationalities on board. Our oldest then 7 made friends with a young Itallian boy - neither understood each other but it was so cute.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Hi;

We will also be cruising out of Dubai for New Year 2017. I am wondering if there will be a lot of teenagers on board so DD (17 then) will have people to hang out with.

For those who have cruised this region and during the Holidays, did you see a number of kids/teens on the ship?

I am worried that she might be lonely if the clientele is older.

Thanks

We just returned from a cruise from Dubai to Istanbul. According to the cruise director ( during the welcome aboard show) the majority of the passengers were from the UK, Australia and Germany. Americans were less than 20%. Since folks from all over the world cruise, I suspect there were some from the Middle East. Without speaking to every passenger, how would one know if there were passengers from a particular region.

While the departure port and many of the other ports were in the Middle East ( Dubai, Oman, Israel), there was no Middle Eastern influence on the ship with regards to food or entertainment, In fact, the food and entertainment were geared towards the UK and Australian passengers.

Hope this helps.

M

Thank you for your very detailed answer but what I really wanted to know was the age group of the clientele (eg: kids, teens or older).

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Sorry can't really tell you as every cruise may have a different make up of passengers. We've sailed a ship in one month, then again a few months later and there was a different clientele. Traditionally there are more families and children on board in the summer and during winter holidays .

I've only sailed the Middle East once. We had a 15 night sailing in May and there were very few passengers under 21.

M