Chef Wolfgang

mariner

I don't think today's catering would be up to his snuff.

Wolfgang personally cooked the captain's table dinner, after consulting with the captain. Took so much pride in what came out of the kitchen and would await a report from captain on how he did.

I would be happy to but am afraid it might be protected by the Chef/HAL?

If someone knows for sure it's okay to post a recipe from a HAL ship Chef, I'll post it tomorrow.

Note: The following is not intended as legal advice but only some observations on the posting quoted above. As a recovering (read that "retired") intellectual property lawyer, I can tell you that only the presentation (as opposed to the substance) of the Chef Wolfgang recipes may be protected by copyright. By way of clarification, if you were to create a new chili (one with, say, tofu instead of meat) your idea (creation) would not be protected. However, your write-up of the recipe for your new chili would be protected. In turn, anyone who saw your recipe could freely use it and, likewise, could copy its ingredient list and preparation and cooking directions and give them to others so long as he/she did not copy your exact wording with any personal twists you may have used in presenting your recipe. As such, I would recommend against photocopying/scanning and sharing the Wolfgang recipes without the written permission of Wolfgang and HAL. If you want to share the Wolfgang recipes, you should re-write the ingredient list and preparation and cooking directions in your own words and share that with others. I hope this makes sense to you and that I have not just added to your confusion. If you have any questions, please post them here, and I will attempt to answer them without giving you legal advice.

Rod

If you google 'Holland America Bolognese Recipe' there is a link to an old CC thread where someone asked for Chef Wolfgang's recipe. Click on the post that has a link to the recipe. It takes you to the thread where Chef Wolfgang's recipe was posted by a CC member. VERY EASY to find. I've used that recipe for years.