Celebrity Seven Mile Beach excursion to Tiki Beach

Has anyone done this recently? I would like to know what is included, and if it was crowded. I know that we could take a cab and do this on our own, but if there are chairs, etc, included in the excursion price we would just do it through the ship.

You can take the bus (much cheaper) to anywhere along 7 Mile Beach...there are chair/umbrella rentals everywhere, along with restrooms, food/drink and watersport rentals. There is absolutely no reason to pay ship's excursion prices for a beach day....especially in GC!!!!

This will be our third visit to Grand Cayman, and I know that we could go to the beach on our own. I just think that if we book a ship excursion we could avoid the tender ticket wait, the worrying of getting back to the ship on time, etc. I read one review from a few years ago that said the excursion included a drink, chair, umbrella and transportation. That plus the peace of mind would be worth it for me to pay for the ship excursion. I wish Celebrity had more details about what exactly is included in their Seven Mile Beach Day.

• 1 month later...

Seven Mile Beach TIKI Getaway

We booked this Tiki Getaway though Princess in January (2015) and very much enjoyed it. :)

Loved that it wasn't at all crowded and was a very pretty place. :)

It included comfortable transportation, beach chairs, use of the facilities, and a ticket each for a rum punch. (Gave our rum punch tickets to another couple since we only drink beer when off of the ship.

They were surprised at how good the rum punch was -- tasty & strong.)

The beach area was lovely and the water warm & gentle.

We spent most of our time at the bar in the deep shade chatting with others. All drinks including beer were expensive as they are elsewhere in Grand Cayman so that was no shock.

Note: We had been to Grand Cayman many times over the years so wanted to do something EASY with no worries or concerns on our part.

Yes, we would do it again! :D

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Seven Mile Beach TIKI Getaway

We booked this Tiki Getaway though Princess in January (2015) and very much enjoyed it. :)

Loved that it wasn't at all crowded and was a very pretty place. :)

It included comfortable transportation, beach chairs, use of the facilities, and a ticket each for a rum punch. (Gave our rum punch tickets to another couple since we only drink beer when off of the ship.

They were surprised at how good the rum punch was -- tasty & strong.)

The beach area was lovely and the water warm & gentle.

We spent most of our time at the bar in the deep shade chatting with others. All drinks including beer were expensive as they are elsewhere in Grand Cayman so that was no shock.

Note: We had been to Grand Cayman many times over the years so wanted to do something EASY with no worries or concerns on our part.

Yes, we would do it again! :D

LuLu

Sounds nice and thanks of posting!

Sometimes it is just so nice to let someone else handle the logistics :)

We did this excursion last week, and we were very happy with it. It seemed like just the right amount of time, and there were lots of chairs in the sun and in the shade. We swam in the ocean, and it was lovely. Oh - one more thing - there is free Wifi near the restaurant/bar area.