How much will price go down?

twinkle toes

I just looked at the Princess website. That would be two cruises back to back - eastern plus western.

The first week is Christmas, the second is New Years.

Most schools are out those two weeks.

My best guess is that overall the price will not go down, but will go up, and the cruises will both sell out. There may be some short term promotions here and there but Holiday cruises are in high demand so they may not have to drop the prices at all.

If you want the cruise, decide if you are happy with the current price, book it, make sure deposit is refundable and if the prices drop have your TA cancel and rebook under the new promotion. If you want to do a B2B, book early to get the same cabin on both legs so you don't have to move.

The only thing that has been consistent for my cruises is that near final payment there have been price reductions. The problem with waiting that long is that flights could be more expensive but have found Princess eZair has been the best option when booking late.

Price reductions are based on 'supply & demand' and nearly impossible the predict when they may occur. We booked our April cruise last May & got a $120 reduction & a better cabin in June but it's more expensive now less than a week before final payment.

Unless it's a last minute cruise we hadn't planned to take (particularly without flights) we book early & watch for price reductions before final payment. We're retired but not everyone can sail on a great last minute deal. Hopefully your 'crystal ball' will work well for you. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Since these are holiday cruises, fares are highly unlikely to drop due to the high demand for them, one again due to schools being out and families he Nguyen able to sail with their children.

By the way, there's really no way of knowing if fares will drop on any cruise. Sometimes guessing from the past may (or may not) work.

Just book a cruise at a price you can handle. Then, check often....

I agree with the others that holiday cruises often sell out well in advance and so pricing goes up, not down, due to demand. I'd book now and then if there happens to be a fare reduction, you'll get it. Highly unlikely there'll be a sale over Christmas/New Years.

The Regal Princess is showing a price of $1999 for an inner room sailing for 14 days leaving on December 20th 2015. Does anyone have an educated guess on whether the price will go down, and by how much?

I would wait until right after final payment is due, and see if

you like the price better then.

There were great bargains for this past christmas, if you waited

for just the right moment, and were willing to accept an inside cabin.

The choice is -- pay anything, because you absolutely have to go;

or wait and hope for a good price, and possibly be shut out.

I would wait until right after final payment is due, and see if

you like the price better then.

There were great bargains for this past christmas, if you waited

for just the right moment, and were willing to accept an inside cabin.

The choice is -- pay anything, because you absolutely have to go;

or wait and hope for a good price, and possibly be shut out.

I debarked CB just before Christmas this year, I had friends who stayed on as a result of having an excellent deal offered to them, however they emailed me from onboard and told me the ship was full to capacity, with over a thousand kids on board, as you'd expect, it may have been a bargain but it was not a peaceful Christmas in any way, long lines for just about everything, specially anytime dining.

Edited by Griller