Allure Eastern Caribbean shore excursions with 2 year old?

FireflyT

We booked the Allure of the Seas 7 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise which stops at Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, and Philipsburg/St. Maarten. My daughter will have just turned 2, and will want to take an afternoon nap. I am trying to think of excursions we can do that would be fun for a 2 year old, and we can be back in time for a nap. This is our first time to the Caribbean and our first cruise with our daughter, so any and all input is welcomed!

Nassau, Bahamas:

I was thinking of going to Atlantis, I think the whole family would like it but it does look a bit expensive.

St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie:

I was thinking of taking a cab to Magen's Bay, but was wondering how safe the cabs are for a 2 year old? Should we bring our car seat? It seems like a hassle to carry around a car seat at the beach.

My other ideas were the "The Legendary Kon Tiki Sightseeing & Beach Cruise", but I am not sure if the ship will be too crazy for a 2 year old. Another possibility is the "Secret Sands beach tour"

Philipsburg/St. Maarten:

I was thinking of just walking or taking a water taxi to Philipsburg and going to Great Bay Beach. Can strollers be taken on the water taxi? Are we better off just walking over with the stroller?

Really appreciate any input!

Our last possibility is leaving her at the Royal Tots nursery, but I think I would prefer to take her along if there are shore excursions we could all enjoy.

Edited by FireflyT

We did Atlantis with a 1, 2 and 6 year old (4 adults) and had an amazing time. Totally worth it and we were easily able to get the little ones to nap in their stroller while the adults took turns going on the big watersides. All the children loved The Dig too.

The other ports you mentioned we did pre-kids so I can't comment.

We went to these stops last year with our two year old...

Nassau we couldn't get off the ship until after 1 so we put her down early (11-ish) and then went to blue lagoon.

St. Thomas she just slept on us in the cab ride home from the beach, only slept for 10 minutes or so and fell asleep early at dinner in her stroller.

St. Maarten we rented a car, hit up Maho beach first to see the small to medium sized planes first before the crowds came, then drove the scenic route over to the other side of the island. She slept during that trip and we did le Gallion beach (aka baby beach) for the rest of the day which was perfect for her.

My suggestion is to not limit your exposure to the islands just because of nap time. They will sleep where you are and get back to regular routine one you're back home. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums m

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have had her nap in the stroller or car seat on day trips before. She does get a little grouchy toward the very end of the day if she didn't nap well, but we would be back on the ship then.

My suggestion is to not limit your exposure to the islands just because of nap time. They will sleep where you are and get back to regular routine one you're back home. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums m

We will be with our grandson who will be 2/12 do you drag a car seat with as my kids do not want to.

We will be in St.Maartin also and are not sure of the car seat rules or if you can hire someone with a car seat.

Yes I am not sure about this either. I did read in St Maartin you can walk to

Philipsburg or take a water taxi there. If you want to see the rest of the island, I am not sure.

We will be with our grandson who will be 2/12 do you drag a car seat with as my kids do not want to.

We will be in St.Maartin also and are not sure of the car seat rules or if you can hire someone with a car seat.

A lot of the cabs in St. Thomas are open air buses. I'm not sure if there are regular cabs to strap a car seat into. I saw one review where the cruisers took their toddler on a ferry to St. John for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums