Bingo games with daubers now

imaboo

Just off the Imagination today. They are now using paper sheets and daubers instead of the "push through and fold back" paper cards. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the packages at the time, but I didn't. There were four packages ranging from $10 to $40. To the best of my memory, I believe the $10 package was a 3-up, $20 package was a 6-up, $30 package was a 6-up with one cash craze pull tab and the $40 package was a 9-up with two cash craze pull tabs. Daubers were $2 (you can bring your own or use a pen or pencil) and the "win a cruise" game is now a raffle draw. You can buy raffle tickets each bingo session and the draw is during the last session of the cruise. You have to be present to win the raffle. They also gave a free 3-up each session if you played the session before (it was unclear to me how they knew).

I'm sure the new bingo is on other ships as well, so those of you who can clarify or have info add, please do. :)

Those bingo daubers are low cost high profit items.

I'm just shaking my head at this informative reply;) If they were so profitable, daubers would have been in place a long time ago. I'm thinking they are in response to player demands. There is just something about having a dauber in your hand vs punching out a hole.

I'm just shaking my head at this informative reply;) If they were so profitable, daubers would have been in place a long time ago. I'm thinking they are in response to player demands. There is just something about having a dauber in your hand vs punching out a hole.

Other subsidiaries of Carnival Corporation have been using bingo daubers for quite a while now. How are they not low cost high profit? When purchased in bulk, Carnival is paying no more than 20 cents per dauber, but probably in the 5-10 cent area. Turning this around and selling them for $2 earns them quite a fair amount of revenue that wasn't previously there. If a minimum of 100 people play bingo each session, that is an extra $200. Over a 7 day cruise, with two bingo sessions most days (but not all), this exceeds $2,000-$2,400 if as little as 100 UNIQUE people play each time. With 23 ships, soon to be 24, this would come to a minimum of $48,000 per week from selling a marker they spent 5 cents each on. Keep in mind, this figure is on top of their bingo card sales.

The reason for taking so long to switch over can be anything from a surplus of available inventory without being wasteful to perhaps even contract negotiations. We don't know the full logistics for the switch, but like pizza, they are low cost high profit.

By the way, over the course of a year, it adds up to a minimum of $2.5m. As a publicly traded entity, we know that Carnival Corporation encourages Carnival Cruise Lines to exceed revenue year after year and try to separate as much money from us, the consumers, as possible.

Edited by Pixelate

Pretty shocked they would put anything with ink that stains in the hands of people on a cruise ship!! Those daubers always seem to leak thru the paper!Hope they have the fold backs when we play on Splendor in a few weeks. Will throw a bottle in my suitcase just in case! (in a plastic bag, in case it leaks, also!:D)

Other subsidiaries of Carnival Corporation have been using bingo daubers for quite a while now. How are they not low cost high profit? When purchased in bulk, Carnival is paying no more than 20 cents per dauber, but probably in the 5-10 cent area. Turning this around and selling them for $2 earns them quite a fair amount of revenue that wasn't previously there. If a minimum of 100 people play bingo each session, that is an extra $200. Over a 7 day cruise, with two bingo sessions most days (but not all), this exceeds $2,000-$2,400 if as little as 100 UNIQUE people play each time. With 23 ships, soon to be 24, this would come to a minimum of $48,000 per week from selling a marker they spent 5 cents each on. Keep in mind, this figure is on top of their bingo card sales.

The reason for taking so long to switch over can be anything from a surplus of available inventory without being wasteful to perhaps even contract negotiations. We don't know the full logistics for the switch, but like pizza, they are low cost high profit.

By the way, over the course of a year, it adds up to a minimum of $2.5m. As a publicly traded entity, we know that Carnival Corporation encourages Carnival Cruise Lines to exceed revenue year after year and try to separate as much money from us, the consumers, as possible.

Does Carnival know the profit they've missed?:eek:

Does Carnival know the profit they've missed?:eek:

I think this thread put way more thought into it than they did.

Now all we need to do is figure out who was behind the Kennedy assassination and what makes tinfoil hats so effective.

I had heard about this a while back and added a highlighter to my packing list.

Clever idea - and the highlighter is a multi-tasker - you can also use it to mark off things you want to do/attend in the FunTimes. Bonus points because there is less risk of a leak as pe4all pointed out.

i think this thread put way more thought into it than they did.

Now all we need to do is figure out who was behind the kennedy assassination and what makes tinfoil hats so effective.

lol! :d

Edited by imaboo

I think this thread put way more thought into it than they did.

Now all we need to do is figure out who was behind the Kennedy assassination and what makes tinfoil hats so effective.

Nope, not too much effort at all. Just some logical thinking, a basic understanding of companies ordering the supplies they require, basic third grade math and ten minutes to summarize/post to prove a point in a debate regarding bingo daubers as a low cost high profit item.

Edited by Pixelate

Saw daubers on the Miracle in December. The Inspiration had them 2 weeks ago.

Our local Dollar Tree store sells the same daubers.

Thanks Rosefloater. This is the type of info I was hoping would be contributed to this thread.

I agree that the daubers were overpriced. Hopefully, when enough info is collected in this thread, people will know when to bring their own "marking device" if they wish.

What I really wanted to accomplish with this thread, was to share what has changed so those of us who enjoy playing bingo will know what to expect ahead of time.

If anyone out there can remember to take a pic of the packages prices (unlike myself, who forgot to), and let us know which ship you were on, that would be really helpful I think.

Nope, not too much effort at all. Just some logical thinking, a basic understanding of companies ordering the supplies they require, basic third grade math and ten minutes to summarize/post to prove a point in a debate regarding bingo daubers as a low cost high profit item.

I missed the debate, not really certain anyone else cared to be honest with you.

The Princess ones are. Without using a bingo dauber on Carnival, I would assume they would be using the same supplier with a different wrap applied.

Skip Princess. Go on a Carnival cruise, buy a few daubers to jack up Carnival's profit, then get back to us with this dauber information.:D

Skip Princess. Go on a Carnival cruise, buy a few daubers to jack up Carnival's profit, then get back to us with this dauber information.:D

Why would I lessen my onboard experience for your potential gain? :D

Edited by Pixelate