Cafe Al Bacio

Cruisingirl2012

I just got off the phone with a celebrity cruise representative and she said that mochas, lattes, frappacinos, etc. are only included with the premium beverage package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's absurd.

If cappuccino is included, why not latte? It's the same ingredients - espresso and milk - just in different proportions.

I have a feeling it's another case of Celebrity reps having NO CLUE, and the actual information is completely different on the ships.

Sheesh.

I wish Celebrity would get their "stuff" straight.

I'm confused if that is NOT included.

Since Bailey's is included in the classic package, and drinks up to $8 are included in the classic package, can I presume that if a coffee with Bailey's is $8 or less, it would be included?

What's the difference if you order a cup of coffee (included) and a shot of Bailey's (included) and just do it yourself?

Well, I think I said "yes" to your question that Bailey's is included, then added that some of the more expensive cordials are only offered with the premium package.

Apologies! :o I went back and re-read your response. It is hard for me to read the blue print on my computer and thought there was a comma after "yes." Your answer made it sound like DH could get the Bailey's, but that it was a Premium cordial that would cost more. ;) Thank you!

Edited by Iamthesea

We were looking for something along the lines of a frappucino.

We described what we wanted and received a coffee poured over ice. It was awful.

On the LAST day of our cruise, we discovered the IGLOO (at least that is what I think it was called. I think DH got his classic package's money's worth in drinking IGLOOS on that last day.

It started while we were in line waiting for my double espresso. The guy in front of us ordered an IGLOO and when we saw it, DH wanted one too.

Next time, I will spend more time watching what other people are getting rather than trying to figure it out myself : )

We were looking for something along the lines of a frappucino.

We described what we wanted and received a coffee poured over ice. It was awful.

On the LAST day of our cruise, we discovered the IGLOO (at least that is what I think it was called. I think DH got his classic package's money's worth in drinking IGLOOS on that last day.

It started while we were in line waiting for my double espresso. The guy in front of us ordered an IGLOO and when we saw it, DH wanted one too.

Next time, I will spend more time watching what other people are getting rather than trying to figure it out myself : )

Does Celebrity offer something close to a frappucino? If so, is it included in any of their beverage packages?

Does Celebrity offer something close to a frappucino? If so, is it included in any of their beverage packages?

Probably, if so it will be at the Cafe al Bacio. Below is a link to that specific site with their menu. If you click on the individual menu groups, the page will expand to show all offerings in each category.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria

I just got off the phone with a celebrity cruise representative and she said that mochas, lattes, frappacinos, etc. are only included with the premium beverage package. 😞

Could be premium NA pack.

We had all of those on our Nov cruise

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I just got off the phone with a celebrity cruise representative and she said that mochas, lattes, frappacinos, etc. are only included with the premium beverage package.

Celebrity staff has always been confused as to which coffees are included in the classic vs. premium package.

I checked out this specific question on two different cruises a couple of years ago and posted the results here on this forum. Here is a repeat of that posting:

Short answer, depending on the staff on your cruise most, and possibly all, of the coffees will be covered under the classic plan: There is a lot of confusion and inconsistency on what a specialty coffee is and if it is included in the classic vs. premium package or not.

Here is a copy of an older Cafe al Bacio menu (
. On the Silhouette in Dec-2012 I specifically asked which coffees are NOT covered by the classic package and was told that everything is included in the classic package except the coffees on page 5 of the menu under "Other Favorites" and those on page 6 under "More Favorites". I asked the same question on the Eclipse the following March and was told that ALL the coffees listed in the menu were covered by the classic package. Bottom line: All the standard, or slightly fancy, coffees are included in both packages including espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and others. Certain coffees which include some extra ingredients may or may not be covered by the classic package depending on the interpretation of the rules on your particular sailing so you won't know for sure until you sail.

Edited by Lsimon

Celebrity staff has always been confused as to which coffees are included in the classic vs. premium package.

I checked out this specific question on two different cruises a couple of years ago and posted the results here on this forum. Here is a repeat of that posting:

Short answer, depending on the staff on your cruise most, and possibly all, of the coffees will be covered under the classic plan: There is a lot of confusion and inconsistency on what a specialty coffee is and if it is included in the classic vs. premium package or not.

Here is a copy of an older Cafe al Bacio menu (
. On the Silhouette in Dec-2012 I specifically asked which coffees are NOT covered by the classic package and was told that everything is included in the classic package except the coffees on page 5 of the menu under "Other Favorites" and those on page 6 under "More Favorites". I asked the same question on the Eclipse the following March and was told that ALL the coffees listed in the menu were covered by the classic package. Bottom line: All the standard, or slightly fancy, coffees are included in both packages including espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and others. Certain coffees which include some extra ingredients may or may not be covered by the classic package depending on the interpretation of the rules on your particular sailing so you won't know for sure until you sail.

I guess I just got my answer here! sorry

Sent from my Arc using Forums mobile app

PREMIUM coffee is hot drinks like you'd get at Starbucks--cappuccinos, lattes, etc.

SPECIALTY means frappucino-type drinks, and drinks with alcohol.

We were told this on our recent cruise.

The classic NA package covers premium, not specialty, coffee.

The premium NA says it covers both, but obviously not the ones with alcohol.

The classic alcohol package says it covers both but does have a price limit.

They are delicious!!!

Has anyone tried an iglu without espresso? My kids (7 and 8) have the classic non-alcohol on our next cruise. They would enjoy this - but they're not ready for espresso just yet : )

would they make the drink minus the coffee?

Oh, I do also, but if you want to send your wife down to get your double espresso and a chocolate croissant while you are getting dressed, that option is available. :rolleyes:

Brilliant idea! I will definitely have to send my hubby for croissants and coffee. :)

Has anyone tried an iglu without espresso? My kids (7 and 8) have the classic non-alcohol on our next cruise. They would enjoy this - but they're not ready for espresso just yet : )

We were told the iglu was not covered on the classic NA package. You'd need the premium for that. (It's an extra $4/day, so if you bought an iglu on Day 1 and they liked it, you could upgrade to cover future days. The iglu costs more than $4.)

Their package will cover hot chocolate, though.

One of our party had the classic NA package and the covered items were all the hot drinks on the first page. Turns out she didn't care for espresso or cappucino. She stuck with hot chocolate.

We were told the iglu was not covered on the classic NA package. You'd need the premium for that. (It's an extra $4/day, so if you bought an iglu on Day 1 and they liked it, you could upgrade to cover future days. The iglu costs more than $4.)

Their package will cover hot chocolate, though.

One of our party had the classic NA package and the covered items were all the hot drinks on the first page. Turns out she didn't care for espresso or cappucino. She stuck with hot chocolate.

We had them on reflection. As per my above post, we unfortunately discovered them on Day 6, DH had SEVERAL over Day 6 and Day 7. We only had the classic package.

I believe you can ask for a frozen IGLU w/o coffee.

Great thanks!

Sorry! missed that part. DH and I had classic alcohol on our last trip, kids had nothing. Next trip, DH and I have classic alcohol and kids have classic NA.

sorry!

would think it should be the same coverage though as there is no alcohol in an iglu.

from what I read on these boards, the only way to know for sure is to ask for it on board and see what happens.

thanks!

would think it should be the same coverage though as there is no alcohol in an iglu.

from what I read on these boards, the only way to know for sure is to ask for it on board and see what happens.

thanks!

Yes, of course that seems logical! But, alas, not so.

The classic NA covers very little, as far as we could tell.

Which is why it irks me that <21 passengers under the 123 promo get the Classic NA and not the Premium. Price difference is $4/day! And they are "entitled" to the package that costs more than twice what the Premium NA does!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the espresso you object to or just the caffeine? If it's the caffeine, order it with a shot of decaf espresso.