I'm confused!?!

There is a cruise for Jan 26 out of Port Canaveral on Enchantment that is on the "Going, Going Gone" sale for $149 Inside and $179 Outside view. When I go to the RCCL website, it initially shows these prices. When I select the outside view cabin, it then shows $275, and total for two rings up for $690 for two, which is clearly more!! When I view the detailed charges, it gets even stranger.

When I try to select the inside cabin, there are none available either.

What the heck is going on? I am gold C & A and can sign up today for this. What kind of bait and switch tactic is going on??

There is a cruise for Jan 26 out of Port Canaveral on Enchantment that is on the "Going, Going Gone" sale for $149 Inside and $179 Outside view. When I go to the RCCL website, it initially shows these prices. When I select the outside view cabin, it then shows $275, and total for two rings up for $690 for two, which is clearly more!! When I view the detailed charges, it gets even stranger.

What the heck is going on? I am gold C & A and can sign up today for this. What kind of bait and switch tactic is going on??

I would call and ask an agent.

I tried to book the 1/23 one , same price and they were already gone when I got up, which as you can see is very early:)

A friend of mine stayed up and booked at midnight.

I imagine that is what happened with the 1/26 sailing as well.

Edit- I noticed also all day it looked like there were cabins when you went to their website like you said. Very misleading. I called and there were none left.

Edited by molly361

They pull all kinds of these tricks.

I am looking to book solo..so I see these cheap deals...as soon as I enter solo traveller, it goes back to the orginal rate AND charges 200% surcharge..

SO the $197 deal becomes $700 for me...nice eh??!

They pull all kinds of these tricks.

I am looking to book solo..so I see these cheap deals...as soon as I enter solo traveller, it goes back to the orginal rate AND charges 200% surcharge..

SO the $197 deal becomes $700 for me...nice eh??!

I think sometimes you have to call to get the correct solo rate if the deal is for less than the 200%

Those prices are inventory based. The price you get when 6 cabins are left is not the same as that when 2 cabins are left. Once inventory drops the system automatically raises the price, even if the cabins in question are just on hold/in the middle of a mock booking.

Watched this happen last spring on Allure when JR suite inventory went from 6, to 2, to 4. Price was down, then up, then down again within the course of a single afternoon (this was with a few days to sail).

I think sometimes you have to call to get the correct solo rate if the deal is for less than the 200%

Well I don't know if the deal is less than 200% or not till I go through a dummy booking....

Pretty sure that RC's policy on single supp is 200%...sometimes they have it down to 150% on very few sailings.....

SO it really irks me that they don't charge 200% of the sale price, they still charge you on the before sale price AND then charge 200%...

Well I don't know if the deal is less than 200% or not till I go through a dummy booking....

Pretty sure that RC's policy on single supp is 200%...sometimes they have it down to 150% on very few sailings.....

SO it really irks me that they don't charge 200% of the sale price, they still charge you on the before sale price AND then charge 200%...

That is a rip off

Those prices are inventory based. The price you get when 6 cabins are left is not the same as that when 2 cabins are left. Once inventory drops the system automatically raises the price, even if the cabins in question are just on hold/in the middle of a mock booking.

Watched this happen last spring on Allure when JR suite inventory went from 6, to 2, to 4. Price was down, then up, then down again within the course of a single afternoon (this was with a few days to sail).

I have seen that as well.

The 1/23 EN sailing that is on the flyer only had 4 cabins available Sunday night. I am sure all 4 got booked right after midnight.

People will cry scam, but this is a reality in on a number of websites that have a lot of a given product to sell, be it cruises or things on Amazon. Most of the price changes that occur are fully automated based or parameters set within the system. There is no person behind the scenes who physically makes the ongoing price changes, unless they are tied to a specific sale of course.

The Going/Going/Gone sales are created to sell down to the minimum inventory the cruise line prefers to hold, not *all* cabins left. Just an hour ago a category came available on my cruise next week, likely due to a cancellation:

- Alert type: Interior

- Category: Smaller Interior Stateroom Q

- is BACK and price is UP:

2p/USD: 696 -> 1,034 (+338 $ +48.6 %)

Once the category came available for sale again, the price of that category was raised from the last price shown on the website; almost a 50% increase! The Going/Going/Gone sale no longer applies since this is the only cabin left in that category. Royal will either sell that cabin or they won't, but I can guarantee you it isn't going to drop in price again (based on experience monitoring these prices).

I have seen that as well.

The 1/23 EN sailing that is on the flyer only had 4 cabins available Sunday night. I am sure all 4 got booked right after midnight.

I'm a solo traveler as well and usually calling won't make a difference. If you want to go you pay double.. stinks but that's the way it is..for the most part

I'm a solo traveler as well and usually calling won't make a difference. If you want to go you pay double.. stinks but that's the way it is..for the most part

I meant to call if the GGG sales flyer is showing the single supplement at 150% and their website won't give it to you at that rate

I put myself on a waitlist for today's EN sailing.

I did not even know RCL had waitlists.

I am sitting at home posting this so you know how well that turned out:(:o

I've also put us on stateroom waitlists, and it's never worked.

The rep told me that the waitlist priority is

time that you got on the list

If you have a deposit on it (I did not do that)

C and A status

Like I said I had never heard of it before and don't recall ever reading anything about it here on CC either.

Hi Dick!!!! Nope we will still be seeing you and Beth in April on the BR:)

Wonderful!

Beth and I just had a good laugh, she knew you wouldn't jump ship!

Bummer you didn't get a great deal to join the Enchantment today.