First time booking balcony on Lido - reassure me!

TerReuv

Morning all! We have our first lido balcony cabins booked for the Conquest in October. We are in 9242 & 9246. I read that you cannot hear the Lido noise in your cabin but can hear the music on your balcony (but not obnoxious). I have told DH and my parents (in the second cabin) what I have read. Can others reassure me that this is the case? I would hate to have been talking up all the good points of being on the Lido deck and would hate to find I have been wrong. Also, my DH smokes so it makes it easier for him since no smoking on the balcony.

I appreciate any information from those that have stayed on the Lido deck. Thanks!

Morning all! We have our first lido balcony cabins booked for the Conquest in October. We are in 9242 & 9246. I read that you cannot hear the Lido noise in your cabin but can hear the music on your balcony (but not obnoxious). I have told DH and my parents (in the second cabin) what I have read. Can others reassure me that this is the case? I would hate to have been talking up all the good points of being on the Lido deck and would hate to find I have been wrong. Also, my DH smokes so it makes it easier for him since no smoking on the balcony.

I appreciate any information from those that have stayed on the Lido deck. Thanks!

Do you see all those Carnival cruises listed in my signature? Ten of them were in Lido balcony cabins, not including our upcoming Conquest cruise, which makes #11. The only reason the other five were not was because there were no cabins on the Lido deck (Paradise, Miracle, Pride, Legend) and I surprised my mom with an aft balcony (Destiny), which we did not like at all.

We have never heard Lido sounds in our cabin and rarely heard music out on our balcony. Being on Lido was so convenient. It was an easy walk to bring food to our balcony or go back to the cabin for things we forgot, to use our own bathroom, etc.

Hope you are reassured. :D

Your cabins are perfect, not too forward should you have rough seas and not towards the entrance area near the pool....I always found the Lido stateroom hallways on the warm side due to the people going constantly in and out from outside to inside but where you are you won't have that problem at all. There are cabins on top of you and below you

Its also nice being on the Lido deck or the panorama deck because you are so very close to the buffet you can get breakast or lunch and bring it back to eat on your balcony, if you want ice cream or something cold to drink its just steps away.

I don't think you will hear noise, perhaps on your balcony in the daytime if they have a band which I think they did away with, or dj but you may not hear anything at all and it is in the daytime. There will be no noise at night.

I feel pretty good about my scenic OV on the Glory..it's all the way at the front so I'm hoping for no noise...most posts I've seen have said you don't hear anything ...this is a test run for me ...mostly I do very low level like Riviera and Main deck due to noise and sea sickness so hoping things go very well so I can start moving up :D Good luck and hope your balcony is all you hoped it would be!

Once inside your cabin all noise is pretty much muffled...on the balcony, like any open space you'll experience the sounds associated with the ship whether on the Lido deck or elsewhere. If your choice is to have peace and quiet, everywhere...sorry, not going to happen since you are sharing the ship with a couple of thousand other folks who may just want to party till the early hours. If you are sensitive to sound when sleeping, a good pair of ear plugs are a life saver.

We've stayed in those cabins a few times. Honestly, can't say I've ever noticed noise (including music) from the Lido deck either in the cabin or on the balcony. I wouldn't worry about it! Overall, it can be a fabulous location and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Thanks to all who replied! I feel very reassured. It is hard sometimes not to second guess yourself when you are the one who is making all the plans. Certainly don't want to disappoint!

The pluses are everything that you all stated (and yes having our own bathroom to go to is wonderful!) and I am glad to hear that the noise is not too bad. I tried to get middle of the road when it came to close to Lido doors and closer to the front of the ship. I am so excited to be on the Lido deck this time around.

Last time we were on Empress deck right near the elevators and that was a good location, but this was great and there was no extra charge for the upgrade to Lido. We are slowly working our way upward from our first cruise on the Main deck! Funny thing is we were happy with our ocean view on the Main deck for our first cruise, then we tried a balcony and as they say - once you have a balcony, you never want to go back. Hubby will miss having a cigarette on the balcony, but at least he won't have far to go for a smoke.

We have thought about bringing breakfast back to the room and enjoying the balcony for that. For those that have done it, do you find it hard to just use the little table out there? I will have to remember to keep the room service tray to use.

Thanks again everyone for your reassurance!

We also love the Lido balconies, I do like to get my breakfast and bring it back to the room to eat on the balcony. There is not much room at all especially for two people eating at the same time. The table is pretty low so i usually keep my drinks on the table and plate on my lap.

I was in a Lido balcony on the Liberty and had no noise problem.

On the Glory, same area but closer to the entrance out to the pool area and there was some noise from the "traffic" going past our cabin in the hallway, especially after movies at night.

Never heard anything from the Lido public spaces at all on either cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first balcony was on the lido also. We did not hear any noise from the lido deck. The only thing we heard was the elevator "ding." It was constant b/c the lido deck was popular. However it was not annoying and would not stop me from booking the same location again.

It was awesome to take food from the buffet to enjoy on the balcony while it was still hot.

While not on the Lido last cruise, we were near an elevator. We never noticed the ding. But really liked being right there at the stairs and just going up two decks to the Lido.

I llike being forward this time as the dining room for YTD is forward. We can just go down the stairs. Nice!

We could have saved $500 on our upcoming cruise to change from lido to a Carnival assigned balcony. Some on our roll call did. We would not do that nor take hardly any upsell they would offer. We absolutely LOVE lido balcony and never hear noise from lido.

We always book cabins on the Panorama Deck, one above the Lido Deck. We always pick the cabins right as you first walk into that area. You have to remember that the music is behind your cabins. When the ship is underway, the noise is going behind you.

I feel VERY confident that you will love your Lido balcony. We tried our first lido balcony last year... and guess where we are this year? Lido again! We started just like you, in an oceanview cabin on the main deck and steadily worked our way higher and higher in the ship. Once we went to balconies, I can't imagine sailing without a balcony.

We're actually booked in the cabin closest to the lido deck this year. We're frequent nappers and we had no trouble with noise in the afternoon! You're really going to enjoy the convenience. We brought breakfast and snacks to enjoy on our balcony all the time. You'll probably have to sit the plates on your lap, but they're huge so it's easy to balance. The one problem with the cabin on lido is that you'll probably eat more... it was TOO EASY to grab a late night slice of pizza... or fries... or pasta. You catch my drift. :p lol! Enjoy!