Vibe Beach Club - Getaway

sarahsue317

I'm traveling Solo and getting the UBP, 2 Questions....If I buy a Cabana must you register a specific passenger for the 2nd person of could you bring a guest that you possibly meet during the week.? I'm also wondering if the $100.00 credit can only be used in Vibe?

I'm traveling Solo and getting the UBP, 2 Questions....If I buy a Cabana must you register a specific passenger for the 2nd person of could you bring a guest that you possibly meet during the week.? I'm also wondering if the $100.00 credit can only be used in Vibe?

We bought the cabana and were told the credit could only be used for purchases in Vibe. That was not true....we got the credit and spent $0 in there. With that being said, the cabana wasn't really worth it. We needed more shade than it could provide and ended up spending more time under an umbrella. We didn't have to identify who would be in the cabana, but we did get two clear bracelets. Regular Vibe guests had orange ones. I heard someone ask could they bring friends in and we're told no. In your case you could give your extra bracelet to a friend.

As for getting the pass does it matter when you show up at the port? Like, for example, if I got to the port at 7am (I'm not) would that mean I would get a low boarding group number or is it just random chance what group you get?

Yes, we arrived at 9am and were in one of the first boarding groups. It was still a fast walk to get the passes. If you arrive at 9am you should be OK, I say should be because the sell X amount 50 I think...... all depends how many others want passes also. Its a stupid system and they should just sell them online, instead of people racing to get them

Yes, we arrived at 9am and were in one of the first boarding groups. It was still a fast walk to get the passes. If you arrive at 9am you should be OK, I say should be because the sell X amount 50 I think...... all depends how many others want passes also. Its a stupid system and they should just sell them online, instead of people racing to get them

Was the same last week on the Breakaway. Many people complained that they were very early and didn't get passes. I think that they might also hold back a few for Haven Guests and those who have cruised frequently.

So much nicer then the crowded pool. People were putting towels to reserve chairs at 7:00 AM. If you waited too long, you would either get a seat on an upper level if at all. Those who like shade, should really get up early

Was the same last week on the Breakaway. Many people complained that they were very early and didn't get passes. I think that they might also hold back a few for Haven Guests and those who have cruised frequently.

So much nicer then the crowded pool. People were putting towels to reserve chairs at 7:00 AM. If you waited too long, you would either get a seat on an upper level if at all. Those who like shade, should really get up early

We have a cruise coming up on the Escape, I guess we are going to arrive before 9am LOL

They really must come up with a better system. We had group 3 on the BA. And were in a group of people who wanted Vibe passes. My wife and I both had carry on's I gave mine to her and I walked very fast to the desk we got 40 and 41. Within 2 minutes of my arrival they were sold out. Must have been 50 really upset people behind us.:eek:

Edited by Laszlo

We have a cruise coming up on the Escape, I guess we are going to arrive before 9am LOL

They really must come up with a better system. We had group 3 on the BA. And were in a group of people who wanted Vibe passes. My wife and I both had carry on's I gave mine to her and I walked very fast to the desk we got 40 and 41. Within 2 minutes of my arrival they were sold out. Must have been 50 really upset people behind us.:eek:

You guys were lucky! While we loved the cruise- the main pool is not adequate for the amount of guests sailing. And the vibe is too small for those who want to use it- Perhaps future ships will have a better design. We were so glad to be Haven Guests. While it is very expensive-you get so much more.

Yes, the area outside Vibe is very quiet and away from the madness. The reason to go to Vibe is because you want an accessible bar, and I guess the cabanas are cool, if you really just want to stare at the ocean.

.I was told that the people that get the passes get in line at guest services first thing in the morning after boarding the ship.

The getaway is a really nice ship. As for recommendations, definitely try the rope course and walk off the plank and pull the lever to get your picture taken.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I like to lay out in the shade. If I do not purchase a cabana, is there still plenty of shady areas?

Thank you in advance!

Actually more shade in non-cabanas. We had filtered (not well) sun all day in the Cabana. The vibe has a few umbrellas that do a better job creating shady areas. Just go early if you are fortunate enough to get a vibe pass.

To answer a few questions asked numerous times:

1)You can only buy Vibe passes for people with you.

2)I got to the pier at 9:15 and was the first one there by about 20 minutes. Was in boarding group one and got passes for my girlfriend and I no problem. Cabanas were sold out but met a couple in Vibe who turned theirs in because it was too hot. Went to check it out before attempting to get and it was sweltering. Used umbrellas for shade instead.

Can you help me decide between the Vibe pass with cabana vs the Spa pass on the Getaway?

This is my first cruise on NCL with just the hubby. We have been on 2 cruises on RCCL with my hubby and 3 kids.

I don't want to pay for both the Vibe and the Spa. What are the pro's and con's of each to help me decide.

Thank you for your help. :)

I too am debating which to purchase. We do have a large balcony, so not sure if that is enough and just buy Spa passes. We do not do people soup pools and thinking maybe the spa will be more our thing? On a holiday sailing though I am sure the ship is going to be jam packed so vibe might be worth it. Ugh decisions decisions.

I too am debating which to purchase. We do have a large balcony, so not sure if that is enough and just buy Spa passes. We do not do people soup pools and thinking maybe the spa will be more our thing? On a holiday sailing though I am sure the ship is going to be jam packed so vibe might be worth it. Ugh decisions decisions.

It might not be your decision to make. Very few Vibe passes available-so you might not get in period as you cannot book until you are either in the terminal or on the ship. Something like 100 only. I do not know about the spa. If you can book the spa passes in advance do it! If you can afford it-book both. We had a vibe clam shell for the week and while we hardly used it- it was worth the money just to know you have a place to sit without somebody sitting on top of you! Horrible crowds. Money well spent. Of course the Haven is paradise! But expensive.

Since we were in the Haven, we never used the clam as it was really too sunny for us- but if you just get access, many umbrellas and chairs in that area, with a nice bar. I also heard from people who said that they were first on line and the vibe was totally booked- perhaps some passes are held back for "special guests".

It might not be your decision to make. Very few Vibe passes available-so you might not get in period as you cannot book until you are either in the terminal or on the ship. Something like 100 only. I do not know about the spa. If you can book the spa passes in advance do it! If you can afford it-book both. We had a vibe clam shell for the week and while we hardly used it- it was worth the money just to know you have a place to sit without somebody sitting on top of you! Horrible crowds. Money well spent. Of course the Haven is paradise! But expensive.

Since we were in the Haven, we never used the clam as it was really too sunny for us- but if you just get access, many umbrellas and chairs in that area, with a nice bar. I also heard from people who said that they were first on line and the vibe was totally booked- perhaps some passes are held back for "special guests".

I plan on being in port really early as we have a 4 hour drive there, so hopefully have good fortune to get a Vibe Pass if we can. I cannot be in the sun too long as I have lupus so maybe Vibe is not the place for me. I just like the idea of a bar and less crowds. I was thinking the cabana would be shady, so if it is not, I think I will do the spa passes and regular vibe pass if I can get them.

I've bought both Vibe and spa passes. For me, it's a question of do I want to be outside or inside. Outside, choose Vibe. Since I've had melanoma, I need the shade from the umbrellas. I bought the spa pass cuz Bermuda weather was predicted to be rainy. The chlorine in the air made my eyes water and my throat sore. Guess which I prefer?

Just got off the Getaway. I woke up at 7am four mornings (which is really unusual for me!) Went to Spice H2O and it was completely empty. Lovely quiet time as I only stay in the sun one hour.

Then moved to outside Deck 8 and the giant comfy couches in the shade. I've heard Deck 8 is only quiet in the mornings, but it worked out perfectly for me. :)

• 3 months later...

Questions for those that have been on the Getaway within the last month:

1) What was the cost of the Vibe pass?

2) What was the cost of the Vibe with Cabana and what came with it?

3) What time did you arrive at port to get your Vibe pass and if you wanted one and didn't get one, what time did you arrive and what boarding group were you in?

Any other Vibe/Getaway information is appreciated as well. Thanks so much!:D

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone help with the questions above? Thanks so much!

We are currently on the New Years getaway cruise. Paid $99 per person. We did not want or get a cabana...too hot. And this week, I have NEVER seen a single person in the cabanas.

We had no intention of getting vibe passes, just happened upon then[emoji3].

We got to the port at 9:45, only people going through security, there was no line in the new passenger non loyalty check in. Suites and latitudes peeps had really long lines. We walked in, went right up to the counter, checked in, went upstairs...boarding group 1. We sat right next to the boarding area, 3rd family or so to board, walked right downstairs to guest services to set up our cash account and sign 18 year olds drinking waiver. Third in line, got to counter...set up all the cash accounts, signed waiver, extra keys for rooms and figured we'd get some vibe passes while there:) the line behind us was a madhouse with people pushing and talking loudly. I would do it again...totally worth it, but not sure I'd get all caught up in the drama to do it. We also had a large balcony and spa passes.

Just got onto Escape. Arrived at 850am. Only about 50ppl in front of us. Got Group 1 boarding, ran to deck 6 as soon as they called Group 1 and all passes were already gone. Disappointed but happy with our spa pass. I agree there should be a better system for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk